South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGI It's FRIDAY!

Happy Friday!

I can't speak for the rest of you, but it's been a long week. But things are gradually looking better, and I'm ready to put this past week to bed.

The sun is supposed to come out and warm us up this afternoon. I'd like to get the girls out in the fresh air a bit, so we may go to the park. It's right across the street from the library, so we can accomplish both things.

Laurie, I've read the entire Little House series many times, and have read them to my grandchildren, too. My DD even has a Laura Ingalls Wilder cookbook that she uses often. The series has always been a favorite in our home, and I couldn't wait until Audrey and Maggie were old enough to enjoy them.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage It does look like it will be a nice weekend. This week has seemed exceptionally long, maybe it's spring fever?

I've got an appointment and relaxed day. I'm getting my hair fixed this morning (the color faded very fast this time) then we are having an office cleaning day with happy hour after. I'm trying hard to see it as the boss trying to boost morale and not her giving us a chance to clean up our work spaces so it will be easier if we get laid off. It does make an interesting message for people though. Either way it's nice to have an afternoon to clean out my file drawers, they do need a good purging now and then. I'm just glad it's almost the weekend!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin' chicks!

Cottage - It's supposed to be a lovely day. Hope you enjoy!

Cyndi - Hmmmm....let us know how THAT goes. I'd have some strong mixed feelings too.

Me - YEESH, you aren't kidding...I'm am READY for this week to be in the books. Lots of emotional eating!!! (most of it on plan, but still!) Today should be pleasant though...FINALLY getting my haircut, a run (poss with the DH), and then work. Unfortunately, I work tomorrow too, but it's booked...so it should go fast!

Have a great Friday ladies!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just dashing through with a as I slept until 6:45 and the day has already started around me. I may go to the city today but will be back later so behave!!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm rushing through, too! I'm volunteering in a children's center today. The secretary is sick, and they are getting ready to be re-funded by the United Way -- apparently a big deal. So, I'm in my pretty outfit, getting ready to be a productive citizen for the day. As I'm rushing around this morning, Auston decided it was a nice morning to cut his hair. CUT HIS HAIR!!!! Since I don't have time to deal with it today, he gets to wear it! We'll visit the barber tomorrow. How do working moms do it?

Hope your day is the BEST!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Friday morning chicks. My kids are off school today. Last night I let them stay up a little and ended up falling asleep before I sent them to bed. I woke up at 4:30AM when DH was getting ready to go to work and heard them talking ... downstairs playing video games!! DS said they did sleep some, but I suspect they pulled an all-nighter. They are both up though this morning, should be an interesting day. It's sunny ou though and the temp is supposed to hit 60F, so a nice walk is in order I think.

cottage, Cyndi, have a great day, got that bottle of wine ready? Ruth?
Has she ever had a cleaning day before Cyndi? If no, then I would be suspicious.
Hang in there Twynn, hopefully you will get some good news soon.
Ha, Chel, none of my kids did that but I remember doing it when I was a kid. I had long hair and got bubble gum stuck in it, and didn't want to get in trouble so I tried to cut it out. Being a kid I didn't cut just the three hairs that were stuck, but a nice big chunk on the side of my head. When my mom asked what happened I said "I don't know." I ended up with a buzz cut like my brothers.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, I'm so glad you love Little House as much as I do! I always knew you had great taste! I'd love to have some little girls to share it with. Enjoy the park! Sounds wonderful...and fresh air sounds like a good idea for all of you...

Cyndi, bless you for being positive. If my mother (and the Secret and Oprah and...) are right, then thinking positive leads to good things happening! I hope that's totally the case for you! My old work (a private college) used to have a campus-wide clean up day like this once the students went home for the summer. Everyone wore their "grubbies" to work, we were given tons of cleaning supplies and trash bags, and we had a BBQ in the afternoon. Hopefully this is just like that and has nothing whatsoever to do with layoffs of any kind.

What haircut are you going with, Twynn? The podcast I was listening to last night at the gym was going on and on about how everyone got the TomKat/PoshBeck bob last year. I think I missed that trend...

Ruth! Have fun in the big city!

Chelby, I have no idea how they do it! Working moms get tons o' respect from me! I'm sure you'll do a great job today and bet that Austin will learn his lesson PDQ from his peers, so you did the right thing, IMHO!

Schmoo, that sounds like something that would happen to me! Can't believe they made it through the night without crashing--how old are they? Hope you have a great day!

Me:
Enjoying a mug of Comfort and Joy tea (from Christmas!) and hoping the day will be calm. I have a lot of personal stuff to do today that I've been putting off.

But the main thing on my mind is that I get to see JON STEWART tonight!!! I've had the biggest crush on him since I saw him in "Playing By Heart" (which is an awesome movie, BTW), and now I finally get to see him in person, doing stand-up! My poor DH has agreed to suffer watching me drool--I guess the fact that Jon makes him laugh will make up for it! I'm going with some friends and we're grabbing dinner before. But that's an issue I'm hoping you'll all help me with!

We're going to a friend's restaurant that I've been to before, and I planned on getting the Greek stuffed chicken. But then, late last night, I remembered that it's Lent and I can't have meat on Friday! So I'm racking my brain for an SBD-safe item I can eat for dinner there! I don't eat eggs and try my best to avoid all fish. Any ideas? Here's their extensive menu. I'd love your help in finding something! Thankfully everyone I'm going with is Catholic, so they'll be figuring this out too. I just wish I liked fish more (and wasn't afraid of the mercury)...right now I'm looking at the stuffed portabella appetizer and/or one of the fish dishes.

Last edited by beachgal; 03-27-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Laurie, they are 11 and 12. How about a Greek salad and a bowl of onion soup without the bread? Don't see much else there except the seafoods. Maybe they could fix you some of the Portobello mushrooms without the crab stuffing. Along with a nice glass of wine, of course, it IS Friday after all.

ooops it's after 9AM I'm breaking my rule. TTFN
Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

morning gals.... yeah its friday... this weekend is gonna be stressful... cant really say why in open chat but trust me, its not gonna be pretty...

chelby.. my best friends daughter carina... 6... beautiful long gorgeous hair.... got a hold of the scissors in the fall.... ugh it was awful... lynne brought her over (we live across the street) in tears and said "LOOK!" i almost died.... i started crying too... i gave carina a stern talking to and thankfully she hasnt touched the scissors since... but man oh man, its JUST starting to grow back now....

beach-- have a great time on your date night tonight!!
schmoodle--all nighters were fun when we was kids... dont think i could do one now tho lol
ruth--we'll be good... but im more worried about you lol
cyndi--hopefully your boss just wants a clean working space lol
tywnne--have a good day and a great haicut
cottage--have a great day

well im off to get some stuff done, have a great day!!

stacy xxx
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Beachgal- Insanely jealous! Jon Stewart is HILARIOUS. And very attractive (although I have a thing for short guys). Have a blast!

Everyone else- Happy Friday! Enjoy the day
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #11  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! Off to a slow morning here. I usually start my mornings later than most of you early birds, but it's been later than that this week due to my back driving me absolutely crazy. When I pulled some lower back muscles Monday night I had no idea I'd be more or less out of commission all WEEK! I'm feeling mostly better this AM, but I doubt I'll really feel 100% til Monday or Tuesday. Yikes! On the plus side, I have managed to stay on plan all week and am down 6 lbs since Monday. Yahoo, I love P1!

Cottage - Your trip to the park and library sounds LOVELY, have fun!

Cyndi - Dontcha just hate it when hair fades that quick? I need a touch up so badly, I've really let it slide. Enjoy your hair appointment today, and good luck with your mysterious office cleaning.

TwynnB - Enjoy your busy day!

Ruth - you must have needed that extra sleep. Have fun in the city!

Chelby - Yikes, kids have such timing with that sort of thing! Always on a busy day, or right before school photos, or something. Apparently when I had that mysterious hair-cutting urge as a kid, I took the scissors to my dolls hair instead!

Schmoodle - Kids seem way more able to handle an all nighter at that age. Hopefully they won't fall asleep at their desks or anything. My younger brother is 19 now and is only just now getting too old for easy all nighters. He'll come to visit and be up all night playing our XBOX and around dinnertime fall asleep midsentence!

Laurie - Have a wonderful time with your friends tonight! I wish I knew what to suggest for the menu, but when I looked it over I was just scratching my head. Maybe some one else will have a better suggestion. All I can think of is to be sure you have a snack beforehand, because without meat, fish, or eggs you're pretty hard pressed to get protein with that meal.

Stacy - So sorry your weekend will be rough. Hang in there, you'll make it!

And as for me, I'm fairly eager for it to be the weekend too. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of cooking and baking on Sunday like we did last weekend. The breakfast casserole we made didn't last quite as long as we'd like, so hopefully we can make it a little bigger this time. We're also going to try the peanut butter cookie recipe we're experimenting with with soynut butter as a low carb friend suggested. I really hope they are good, because they should only be half a "net" carb per cookie, but still about as much fiber as with PB.

My sweetie is going to another LAN party tomorrow, and I'm totally on the fence about going. I'm feeling SO cooped up and would like to get out and be social, but I don't think they'll be playing anything I like and the eating situation could be rough for Phase 1. I think I'm just going to see how I feel tomorrow and play it by ear.

Have a great Friday everyone, and a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

lets just say this... the step son that we kicked out in oct, has been kicked out of his new home.... and im afraid that im gonna be asked to let him move back in here... its gonna cause an arguement. i just know it, it always does and im very very worried. my husband and i never ever agree on this. 7 years and its been the same fight over and over. we need councelling but he wont go, thinks its all my problem cuz i dont like the kid. i dont but im not the one who made him bad. im just the one who refuses to keep trusting him and refuses to let him move back in here. sorry gals im just severly stressed over this. my hubby and i dont see eye to eye on him, even after the cops brought him home after stealing from walmart. its never ending. its been a very long battle. i just dont know what to do. my options are 1. let him move back in, and john and i will eventually separate, 2. oppose him moving back in and john holding it against me. 3. leave and let them do what they want. not much of a choice i think. if john would only admit that this boy is bad things would be better. he'll admit to his mom, but never to me. its like a freakin game. men are so narrow minded. i feel like im stuck between a rock and a hard place. sh*T I just dont know what to do. sorry for letting loose on you gals... im just really upset about this.
stacy xxx
Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Stacy, that's a big delimma. I don't know if you'd feel at all comfortable, but you might consider going to an Al-Anon (the group for family members/spouses/friends of alcoholics) meeting or at least reading some of their literature. I doubt your stepson is an alcoholic, but they do a great job of helping you deal with people in your life that have a problem you can't fix or change.

If you can't get your husband to counseling, please go yourself. It helps so much.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HI HI HI HI HI HI!

I had caffeine.

Just wanted to zip by! Busy day today! The boys are going down south for the weekend but I'm staying here because I have appointments. I'll miss them, but it'll be nice to have some quiet. Abdul's home this weekend too, so we'll get to spend some quality time together, probably tomorrow night.

Tommy and I went to breakfast a little while ago, which was nice. We never used to spend much time together except for when I was home in the evenings when I had a "real job" so it was almost like a little date this morning. Then I helped him get packed for their trip.

I'm going to make a flyer for MK that he wants to put up at his school, pick up a little, and then the landlord is bringing people by to see the duplex because he's trying to sell it. After that, I have to go help Mom because Oscar is having back pain (I swear, first Sophie, then Mom, now Oscar's next for back surgery) and she can't lift him because he's a 25 lb whale-dog and she's not supposed to lift anything heavy post-surgery.

So I have the landlord here between 1:30 and 2:00, have to help Mom load Oscar into the car, zip over to the school to get Little Guy at 2:30, then back to the vet, help Mom load Oscar up again, and back to her house to unload him. I was going to try to get to the bank today but I have a feeling it'll have to be tomorrow morning.

Whew! Better get moving! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cute new pic weezle!

Just did 5 miles. Kicked my butt!

Have a great one!
Closed Thread