South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Wishes

Good morning Chickies!

I practically gulped down my first cup of coffee, and now I'm savoring my 2nd. I have to get over to stay with Audrey before 8 this morning so I have to get myself in gear. I just hope she had a good night and that she and her daddy got a good night's sleep. Cindy & Maggie should be coming home around noon, and I hope they're on the road to recovery, too.

We're at a chilly 25* right now, and I'm waiting for the sunrise to see how my pansies fared overnight. They're pretty hardy, so I hope they survived the freeze!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I really, really want pansies but they are not for sale around here until nearly the end of April. Cottage, I do hope today is better for you and the sickies.

Odds and ends of desk and phone work to do this morning although I did get lots done yesterday. Disney needs to get tiddled up a bit before we do pet therapy this afternoon. Her coat is garnished with bits of twigs and leaves from the dog yard. I've never had a white dog before and am amazed at how grubby they get - I may have to dye her black!

We are getting warmer temps today (up to 52ºF) and then have four days of warm rain. I hope to get a bit of raking done so the rain can freshen things up.

Wednesday wishes? I wish you all a good day and may you stay On Plan.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth. Those cheerleaders and flower really cheered me up. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - hope everyone feels better soon! (and even more so, that you don't get it!)

Ruth - I'm wanting some pansies too! Disney sounds like such a little hoot.

me - the weekend at the cabin was great!! We had a resident skunk underneath it, I was a bit paranoid about the kids jumping up and down . We quite enjoyed ourselves, but unfortunately, the real world called us back.

Things with the house are at a standstill until our lawyers decide to find someone to file the paperwork. Can you believe they discovered it two weeks ago, and haven't gotten any further? Grrrrrrrr.....

Hoping to get a run in today! (whoops, I didn't look at the weather yet...)

Enjoy your coffee or other beverage of choice!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - I hope you stay healthy. I recommend garlic broth if the garlic doesn't kill the germs at least it will keep the germ laden people away from you

Ruth - No flowers here yet either but my desk window view has only the smallest bit of snow left.

Another hectic day today. I've got no one to blame but myself, some weeks I just over schedule and this is one of them. Ah well, I love being out of the office so no serious complaints. I hope to sneak a walk or two in though so I can enjoy the sunshine. I've got a late afternoon meeting so will be dipping into the leftover stash again.

Have a healthy, sunny day all
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey cottage, you ought to do something about that coffee addiction (she says virtuously). Stay well! I planted some pansies last weekend and I'm afraid to look at them this morning.
Sorry Twynn, waiting is so hard when you feel like nothing is happening! Glad you were able to have a nice getaway though!
Cyndi, Ruth, have a great day!

Hmmm, not much to say about me. Just need to cram two days work into one today, and I've got a Parks & Rec meeting tonight at which (I've been warned) they intend to pressure me to take over as chairperson. Ick.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

happy hump day gals.... got up on time today, and nobody was late for school lol.... it was supposed to rain, but i see sunshine so thats a plus... same ole same ole here 2day....

ruth-- i dyed maggie with food colouring lol.... she was pink, green and purple or a week... great conversation piece

twynne--nothing on the house yet eh?? geez if it were them in this position, you can bet the paperwork would be done

hello to everyone else.. have a great day on the beach!!

stacy xxx
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies- Its so warm here this morning I have decided to drink my coffee iced- I made a super strong batch and have added some splenda and skim to make it a real treat!

Its back to the grindstone for me- those 3 days off never seem to be as long as they sound! with me being gone all day yesterday with my hair and doing hair, I didn't get much accomplished so I still have laundry hovering over my head.. ah well, such is life I suppose

Cyndi- Hope you enjoy your day away from the desk, even if it is hectic
Schmoodle-if you don't want to be chairperson, don't be! although, I am sure you would be good at it!
Ruth- they have panseys at my work planted outside all winter! Its nice because having the color brightens things up!
Twynn- hope they clear up the issue with the house soon! I hate you're having to wait so long!
Cottage- stay well! and I like Cyndi's idea with the garlic broth

Well, I am off to get ready for work. long 10 hour day ahead... and didn't plan what dinner would be yet so need to get on it!

Hope you chickies have a great day!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all its already 41 here but kinda rainy so looks like i will be doing housework...then i have dinner date tonight for spagetti (i've already warned him about what i can and can't eat) lol so it should go smoothly. he lives close to the gym so gives me an excuse to get some exercise in to.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I got the newest Indigo Girls CD yesterday and ended up getting lost in reading about them online this morning, so I'm late coming in. Will have to eschew doing personals for everyone...

Ricki, great to see you back--love the new profile pic. You look great!

Cottage, I hope you stay healthy--I know it sounds dumb, but I'd be wearing gloves at this point! Sending lots of prayers your way--hope the whole family feels much better today.

Ruth, love the flowers! Pansies are wonderful little guys. I always think of the personalities Disney gave them in Alice in Wonderland, though. I can only imagine how dirty Disney can get. A dye job sounds like a fine idea!

Hope you enjoy the sun, Cyndi!

So, I have to work the rest of the week, but am looking forward to the weekend. I need to do some e-mailing to firm up our plans with friends. I realized yesterday that the water heater was leaking--DH did a bunch of investigating when he got home and thinks it's a broken valve. He's skipping a work function tonight to try to replace it. I'll do my best to help him--but it won't be nearly as much fun as the Easter decorating I was planning on doing! I'm just glad he thinks he can fix it. In the meantime, I'm wondering if I'll be able to take a shower after the gym today. I may have to go back to the gym tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Wednesday!

Cottage - Your immune system must be working overtime. Make sure to be kind to it!

Ruth - Sounds like yesterday boosted your spirits a bit. I hope things are looking up!

Cyndi - Here's to hoping you get your walks in today. We all know how much you crave your exercise.

Schmoodle - Stay firm...you don't want the position....or do you?!?!?

Stacy - Good job getting everyone out on time!

Rikki - love the new pic! you look great!

me4life - Have a great time tonight!

Laurie - Hope you and dh are able to figure out how to fix the water cooler. Keeping fingers crossed!

Me - Had a great fieldtrip yesterday. The students asked a lot of questions, it was a lot of fun. Today I've got a couple IEPs and then I've got to get ready for the senior dinner I'm hosting tomorrow. I'm hoping to get it all ready today, so tomorrow will will go smoothly. Looking forward to tonight's dinner.....meatball casserole! YUM!

BLESSINGS!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning!

Sitting at the computer enjoying my cinnimon omlette and V8 -- the breakfast of champions! We are having a rainy day till Saturday! Possible tornadoes Thursday and Friday. Definitely spring in Alabama.

Cottage: Gloves and a SARS mask sounds might be beneficial. Take your vitamins.

Ruth: Tiddles. Niggles. What do they mean?

Twynn: A skunk! That's scary! I wouldn't trust Auston around one, for sure!

Cyndi: Enjoy your walks!

Schmoodle: You can make yourself sound like a tyrant and maybe they'll reconsider. "It's MY way or the HIGHWAY!"

Stacy: Is everyone at your house better?

Rikki: I can always find a better offer than laundry!

Me4Life: Can you bring a container of cooked spaghetti squash?

Laurie: I'm always the 'bring me, get me' girl when DH fixes something. "Bring me a towel. Get me a screwdriver." I'm handy!

MacNeal: I'm glad your back! Your dinners always sound so good!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday! It's almost Friday! WooHoo!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning! Well, not so good for me. I am having an ischemic colitis attack Luckily, since I'm not insured, I still have some meds from the hospital from last time so I hope they work.

In the mean time, no South Beach as I have to eat low residue for at least 5 days Which will be better than the all liquid diet I am on now!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon:

Cottage: I hope that you are able to stay healthy.

Ruth: Hopefully you will have an enjoyable day today and Disney gets fancied up.

Twynn: Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time, but I would have been freaking over the skunk.

Cyndi: Hopefully you will get your walks in today.

Schmoodle: Yikes, I have gotten beter over the years of saying NO rather well, heheh

Stacy: Hope you are having a good day today.

Rikki: Have a good day at work and hopefully you got dinner ready.

Me4Life: Have fun tonight.

Laurie: Have a great day.

HmacNeil: Sounds like you had a good time on your fieldtrip yesterday.

Chelby- stay safe in those thunderstorms

Jenn- sorry to hear that you are having an episode- hopefully your old meds will work for you.

As for me- I am at work at lunch right now. Did my walk and its almost time to get back to the grindstone. We have company at home which makes for a messy house I will be glad when they are gone in a week. It's nice to be able to help folks but sometimes they just get to needy.

Have a great evening.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I hope you feel better soon, Jenn.
Closed Thread