Old 10-01-2002, 08:19 AM   #1  
GARDENING ADDICT

Smile Boot Camp Begins

Don't forget~Today is Oct.1 and Boot Camp begins, girls.
I'm not sure how Sue wants to set it up, so I will leave that to her (thanks Sue). I just wanted to get a thread started in case anybody wanted to post this morning.

I think that i will post each morning and be accountable for how I did the previous day. It seems that if I post too early in the day, my plans tend to change, especially late at night (which is my toughest time of the day).

So: Attention~~Right Face~~Forward March!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #2  

BOOT CAMP HERE I COME! aka HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!

My goals, to be followed as closely as possible, but not beating myself up for non-compliance!

Exercise at 5:30 am Monday - Saturday (Sunday play with the boys) including 30 minutes of cardio, 20-30 minutes of weight training, and volleyball on Monday nights!

Spend time at the tanner (my method of relaxation and pampering) each week.

eat on plan
- breakfast bar / coffee
- lc snack / 32 oz water
- Protein shake for lunch
- lc snack / 32 oz water
- eat sensibly at dinner / keeping it lc / cooking at home more often
- maintain a food/feelings journal

Keep the house clean and tidy. Make Halloween costumes in a timely manner so that I will not be freakin out come Halloween.

Make it to 180 (extreme goal) or 185 (acceptable goal) high as 217 Currently at 195, that's minus 9 during the September challenge and a total of 22 lbs.

Daily dose of 3fc! Daily accountability for previous day.

Best of luck to all, may we all beat our personal best!

Last edited by DonDar; 10-01-2002 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'm Canadian and we are wimpy and peaceful and non-military so it's not boot camp to me but maybe Slipper Camp? Squishy Running Shoe Camp?

Anyhow, I am planning to get below 200 this month and will do it by sticking to the following:
- absolutely no sweets - the Halloween candy is gone already
- eating only healthy foods, as low carb as possible
- walking at least a half hour daily with one dog or the other
- drinking at least 64 ounces of water

I hope I can stay - even if I'm not marching to the same dummer.
Call me a wuss!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Slipper camp for Ruthie.
Socks camp for Leenie - I'm a bigger mush than you Ruthie.

Okay I'm journaling !!

One two three - write
One two three - write
One two three - write

Count me in please !!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #5  

I vote for "stilletto heels" camp. Heels do great things for my legs.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #6  

So far so good on day one. Weighed in this morning at 200 and that's a great way to start. Ate asparagus omelet for breakfast and two cups of coffee, stevia sweetened. Don't know about lunch yet, I have to figure outwhat I have in my fridge! Tomorrow is shopping day.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Weigh in for em was today. I start this camp at 183.

B- 2 hard eggs
l- 1 1/2 chicken breasts and some pork rinds
dinner Oh body i was on the run and had to pick up the kids baby sitter kept me ofr 30 min then had to go back to work to pick up the chairs then get the boys to swimming for their lap a thon. so i blew the first day at boot camp!!! mcd's was the meal of the day.

fluid i did drink more. it may have been 64 oz. i am not sure. I ampeeing a lot more.

exercise well that is one area i did great on.
the eliptical for 15 min excellent sweat. this week it will be 15 min then next week i will work to 20!

how did every one else do??
Old 10-01-2002, 09:29 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

Good evening fellow booters, slippers and sockies! I managed to stay in boot camp guidelines today, if you count my reasoning for number one!

1. Eat On Plan 6 out of 7 days a week.

Well, today was the big stress test at the cardiologist, and they were using Cardiolite so I had to fast beforehand. After the treadmill, they fed me to get the Cardiolite moving (or something like that!) and what did they bring me? A Sara Lee banana nut muffin, a pack of crackers with the wipe on cheese stuff, and a Sprite. I guess today is my one odd day for the week. It's nicer to hang on to that free day!

2. Have activity 4 times a week. Not necessarily exercise, but at least real activity!

I was tortured on the treadmill!

3. I will increase my water to an appropriate level and maintain that level throughout the month.

Still working on that one. I couldn't start any fluids until about 1:45 today, but the night is young!

4. I will participate in relaxation or at least 'non computer activity' every day. Something as stress relief.

I read a book for about 30 minutes today.

5. Weigh once a week.

I weighed for my starting total, and it was up again. I don't know how much I weigh! I fluctuate five pounds either direction and I am really sick of this same range all the time. I weighed 233.5 and I was 228 last time I weighed. I was only going to weigh once a week, but I see now that I will have to weigh again soon to see how it goes for the next few days so I will have an accurate starting total. I knew a lady whose weight fluctuated so much that she weighed daily and counted a 7 day average for her weight each weekend. Maybe I will have to do that at least until I get the water going on a regular basis, just incase the water is the problem.

6. Report daily to the boot camp to keep me in line and to give
encouragement to others.

Present and accounted for! Tomorrow will be a smoother day. It has to, today can't get any worse! -Wait. I have to get part two of my Cardiolite tomorrow (big boobs, couldn't see all my heart with one dose of x-ray dye) I hope they don't feed me muffins again!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:17 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

I'm not sure of my correct starting weight either. i have been retaining water (bloating and swellin) for the past 2 weeks. Hormonal I guess. Anyway, the scale said 129, so that's what I'll start at.

Accounting for Day 1:
Diet (modified Body for Life):

B~Advant Edge low carb protein bar, coffee
L~cottage cheese / SF jello / instant pudding mix (once it's blended and chilled, it tastes like cheesecake), 2 La Tortillas (low carb)
S~string cheese, SF jello
D~chicken breast, brocolli, sm. baked potato
S~SF popsicle

Water: about 80% (need to work on this)

Exercise: Weight lifting~chest/biceps/abs

Not too bad. Now, on to Day 2
Old 10-02-2002, 10:27 AM   #10  

OK, so I blew it this morning and had McD's. I do have an excuse though! I was in a rush to get out and drop off miree and then to go do grocery shopping! I promise to eat all my low carb foods for the rest of the day and drink extra water to flush it out.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #11  
WW Moderator

My day was totally screwed up! Had to get up after 4 hours sleep and go to work with no food/water, then go to the hospital on a break and get my radioactive dye shot in me, then was sent to eat and come back for the scan, then went back to work for a very stressful day! More of that on the daily thread. During the rush, I ate an egg mcmuffin for breakfast, and then escaped to a chinese restaurant for lunch and had an egg roll and a crab rangoon. Everything else was in line. Crappers. I can't beleive how the day went! Rob asked me what I was going to tell my boot campers and I said the truth! Gee, Sue, you need to make me drop and give you 20 or something!

BTW, still working on the water, but all other goals were matched!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:37 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Jennifer i think that what you have gone through would be enough!!! I had a day like that yesterday. ad hit McD's for a big mack and super size fries so i did a extra hard work out today!!!

I know i will be sore tomorow.

it is hard to keep OP when your ability to focus is off. so throw today and yesterday to the dogs and get back up and start all over agian tomorow. (looks like you did great after the chiniese!!)