Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #1  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Default Whole wheat veggie strombolis

I love these- but couldn't find one for this week and just had to post my dinner! it was sooo good!

I made a ww stromboli for dinner and it was fabulous!

First, I made a batch of ww pizza crust(using 2c ww flour),after rising I split into 4 equal pieces... I rolled two out and baked for about 10 minutes and froze them so I have a premade pizza crust for when I am in a pinch! I used 1 ball to make the stromboli dough and the other I put in a ziplock baggie- I was curious if I could freeze it and then use it later~!

anywho- I rolled the ball out to a rectangle fairly thin... sauteed green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, greek peppers, tomatoes, and black olives until they were fairly dry in the pan.. spread them out in the middle of the dough, topped with 2 slices provolone and 2 more ounces rf italian cheeses. folded ends in and then rolled over to seal... you could also pinch the ends together and then turn over onto another pan- thats what I had to do with DH's- I made his with white flour and it was a bit more fragile...

baked at about 400 for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown (I put a bit of olive oil on mine so it would brown) this was too good! I ate mine with SNA pizza sauce.

for what I made=2servings
1 serving has
280 calories
9.9g fat
29.8g carbs
6.7 fiber
18.4g protien

I wrapped the other half up and am sure I will bake it again for a few minutes for dinner tomorrow too... Half of it was plenty- especially since I bulked mine up with a ton of veggies!

Whole wheat pizza crust
1c warm water(Not Hot)
2c whole wheat white flour
1 pkg rapid rise active yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2tbs olive oil
any other seasonings to taste!

First put the water with sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl let sit for about 10 minutes till yeast is foamy... pour in the olive oil, then slowly add the flour and salt and any other spices you like mixing well until dough forms into a ball(you may have to add a bit more or less flour) let rise if you have the time, if not its not a huge deal- I did let mine this time and I liked it a bit better... makes 8 servings.

Last edited by rdw1; 03-23-2009 at 11:07 PM.
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ooh, Rikki, that sounds yummy. making this weekend.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote