Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #1  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

Default Herbal Magic #3

Ok, so this is the 3rd official thread for HM. At 500 posts they close the thread so we are just a bit ahead (10) with this one.

THE 1 WEEK CHALLENGE

PUSH hard to follow your HM plan all week. That is as simple as it is...post your results on Saturday too. It doesn't matter if we lost the most or the least or inches..as long as we "stick to it"!

EVERY NIGHT YOU POST HERE HOW YOU DID....if you feel yourself lagging, ask for help
!

tips..prepack your lunches the night before....write down on a pc of paper what you will eat the night before for the next day so you can follow it without thinking an getting frusterated!
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #2  

So we have started the 1 week Challenge!
How is everyone doing? If my roomie doesn't stop offering me home made cookies I am going to go and hide in my bedroom! hahah.
So far today, It has been a good day with NO cheats! I am working on finishing up my water now...
Old 03-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #3  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

So far so good, Done 6 of my 8 glasses of water. Ate on plan .. going grocery shopping right after my weigh in. Made a list so i dont stray Aside from that all's well.
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #4  

good job girlie!!!!
how was your w.i?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see you've both stuck to the plan so far!! It's always easier to feel good about yourself when you stick to the plan.

I'm just about to make supper (fish, sweet potatoes and some peas). I've finished off everything else for today except for my FE... I like to leave it for last!

I've gotten in the habit of drinking all of my water on my commute to and from work (1 bottle each way) and the rest during the school day. That way I get to have my coke 0 with supper!

I'm hoping that my sticking to the plan this week leads to more than one pound. Last wi they told me that my journal looked good and my body must just need more time to allow the supplements to kick in... here's hoping! Don't think I have the willpower to stick to this program with no cheats and lose less than 1 lb per week...

Good luck (or good planning?!) to everyone tomorrow!
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #6  

Haha Lady, roomie issues are a shame! I've watched my hubby go to the cupboard in search of snacks at least twice now. Even the Triscuits he had looked tempting, and I don't normally even like them!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #7  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

It sounds like you are all pretty on track. I am not. I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get in all of my food. Tomorrow is a new day and with not much going on a little pre-planning should help me out.

I guess my situation is better than overindulging non?

Does anyone else have a Timmie's weakness? *sigh*
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #8  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Lady, my W.I was less than good lol. I was up, 1.8lbs i think?? They looked over my journal and said that it was most likely due to the fact i had a very big drop friday (1.8) and that i had veggie pepperoni over the weekend. Its pretty high in sodium so she figured it was due to those things together. Im still way above the plan as far as total lbs lost so thats still good.

I find myself sneaking in little things here and there and im STOPPING that now lol because at the time yes an extra half oz of cheese doesnt seem detramental but all those little extras will eventually compile into me thinking "oh its just one whole pizza, no biggie" lol which is the same mentality that got me to the weight i was 3 months ago, and i will NOT go back!!!

I also find myself, mostly on weekends, saying well if i have this popcorn tonite, i will just cut out my starch(s) tomorrow?? Like exchanging things almost, and i know thats a total no no!! I have been on HM for 4 months at the end of march and this has just started recently, i think its just a focus issue for me. I didnt cheat yesterday at all so im aiming for another solid 3.5 months on plan now ha ha. The ONE thing i tend to sneak in all the time is coffee. Which is fine but i use a bit of fat free french vanilla coffee cream in it...which is probably NOT ok but i figure one little bit a day cant be too bad???

...see there i go again with my 'little cheats' ha ha damn it!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #9  

im having that same problem! iv been on program since november and now i just feel like im slowly starting to slip, like an extra glass of wine one night, an extra FE another, all small but i think they are adding up, the worst is going out for dinner and all the salt they use but ive started a new job and am commuting alot and therfore am eating on the run a little bit wich is hard to learn what to eat since iv been home for the most part since i started this plan, bu im learning, any tips?
as for the challenge, im already out i had ice cream yesterday lol and that is definatly not herbal magic approved lol.. but it was homemade and oh so delicious lol, but im not gunna let that stop me and im going to carry on the rest of the week as good as i can! im going to go grocery shopping this afternoon and pick up lotsa veggies pre cut them so i have easy snacks for work..and i wanna make this cheesecake recipe that was posted yesterday at my weigh in lol..ill let ya know how that goes!! xx
bride2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #10  

Good job on making the realization that the little cheats add up and on resolving to change!

Meme: I am also a big fan of Timmies, but fortunately I don't have one where I live. When I go into the city for my weigh ins I usually have a large one for the way home (with 2 milk and 2 sweetener). At HM they said it was fine as long as I take my dairy into account. (I count it as half - but not really sure?!)

Really wishing the center was in my town, that way I might get there more than once a week and would have a better idea of how I'm doing!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #11  
Success is a journey

Darn those little cheats! We all have done it.

Michele, I live out of town too. Plus I am at home with a back injury. So once a week is the best I can do. I call in if I am really having a hard time. The staff at my centre said that they do ALOT of phone counselling. When you are in a pinch give them a ring. They don't mind at all!

So I am having a lack of appetite problem. It is really making it difficult to get all of my food in. Is this related to the supplements I am on or am I just bummed out? I don't know...

Bride2b: Preplanning your meals is the key. When I was on program and going to work I had to make my brekkie, lunch, and snacks on the go. IF that doesn't appeal you can ask your centre for their eating out guide. You can have Subway and a lot of other foods on the go. But your best bet... especially for avoiding sodium is your own pre-prepared food. Hard boiled eggs are an easy on the go food for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #12  

Mmmm Cheesecake! I bought some of the thinsations cheesecake bars for my FE and had one last night... Not quite as good as I was expecting, but still good!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #13  

Meme: Once I get into it more that may be easier! For some reason I still feel awkward when they phone and when I go in for wi. Maybe after another week or two I'll get over it!

Just finishing up a prescription of Amoxicillin... has anyone noticed a change in weight gain/loss when on meds? I'm also hoping that the sinus infection I had is the reason for being so drained... not the eating plan or supplements? How did you guys find the first while on the plan energy-wise??
Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/173/175

Height: 5'6

Well my plan was to drive into the city to get weighed today.........didn't happen!
We had freezing rain over night and now its like a skating rink here!

I really need to get their as I'll need my detox, Energin and B6/12.
I live about 1.5 hours away from the city so I'm not as fortunate as most to get to HM weekly!
So I been weighing myself on my scale!

I'm going to try going by this for the week:

Quote:
Breakfast: 1 starch
1 protein
1/2 dairy
1 fruit

am snack 1 fruit

Lunch 1 starch
1 protein
1/2 dairy
1 fruit

aft snack 1 cup RAW veggies (peppers are vg!) I prefer green beans

Supper 1 protein
3 veggies

Snack FREE EXCHANGE

For instance this is what I ate yesturday:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup cereal
1/2 cup milk
1 orange

Lunch:
1 cup rice
1/2 cup lean hamburger
taco seasoning
(this was left over from a previous night of stuffed red pepper)

Supper:
2 smokies
2 buns
little mustard

Free Exchange:
mini bag of popcorn (100cal)

I know.........bad me........where are the veggies!
OOPS my bad!

So I'm going to use that as my challenge this week......EAT VEGGIES

Anyways........hope you're all doing good!

thanks for the ideas and support girls
doughgirl192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #15  
Success is a journey

Doughgirl: If you keep some baby carrots on hand, some pre-made salads, sliced cucumbers and add fresh diced tomatoes (or canned tomatoes) to meat or eggs it becomes quite easy to sneak in the veggies (says the woman who isn't getting in her food allowances lately LOL)

A favorite easy meal of mine is an egg white omelette with sauteed mushrooms, fresh spinach, and diced tomatoes. You can have your dairy (cheese) sprinkled on top. Or for something more delectable ... make your cheese feta and mix it in with the rest. (Be careful... high sodium)... You can eat this and feel very full and know that you got some veggies in.