South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:34 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default First Weekend of Spring Chick Chat

Good morning The coffee is on and I'm up and itching to head out to the ocean. I hear the birds are migrating and it's going to be sunny and in the 40s. It's not hot but it is certainly pleasant and has the added advantage of being too cool for flying insects (I hear the ticks are waking up already). I'm looking forward to a lovely day of birding and a long walk through the refuge. What's on your agenda this spring weekend?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Spring Weekend! We are chilly but will get above freezing with a sunny sky. That makes all the difference.

I'm doing odd jobs around the house this morning and then will dress up a bit and head off to meet my friend Wendy for lunch in Merrickville. Our lunches usually turn into four hours so that'll take up the afternoon. I'm wearing a new purple suit that's a bit snug - that'll keep my menu choices in check. "When I'm an old lady I shall wear purple."

Enjoy your birding day, Cyndi, and send me some bluebirds and Baltimore orioles if you spot them. The hummers are in North Carolina now, I think.

at the rest of the sleepyheads.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I don't know who to thank for the coffee, Cyndi, you or Jake? Either way, I have it and it's good. I see our Friday night wine party didn't affect you getting up early. Your plans sound wonderful, I'm yearning for the seashore, too. Hope you see a lot of birds!

Ruth, there's nothing like enjoying a lunch date with a good friend. I use the same trick with snug fitting clothes to keep myself in check, LOL!

It's cold here, but at least it's sunny! I have my usual grocery shopping, and I'd like to do a bit of clothes shopping today, too. I may call Monica to see if she'd like to go with me up to the Reading Outlets. That would make for a fun afternoon.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, every time I see "Reading Outlets", I envision a huge book store! I do know better. When I come to visit you, I wanna go there.

Just dashed outside to untangle Jazz from a tree and it's darned cold at 23ºF! It's going up to 42ºF later today but it's going to have to work on it. I may fill the suet feeder one last time for the birds.

Hmmm...another coffee is in order.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

its so snowing here. woke up to a white ground a good inch or two but temp is steadily rising so hope it will be gone by this afternnoon
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #6  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

Cindi, are you heading over to NH or MA for your ocean trip? Let me know if you ever come down to Cape Cod!

Ruth, we're starting to see more and more birds returning. The red-winged blackbirds are arriving and the goldfinches are starting to turn yellow. I don't see the Baltimore orioles until about 2 weeks before Mother's Day so it's gonna be a while before they visit you.

I've started Spring cleaning and plan to start on yardwork today. It's 28 degrees out now so I'm hoping it warms up into the 40s like they say. The yard is a mess after the Winter so I figure even if I only do an hour or two a day it will get done. That's the plan anyways!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! It's Spring!!

ETA: HEY!!! Photobucket removed my little Spring smilie as a violation!!! Hello??? It was one of the standard smilies offered on a lot of vbulletin boards with the smilie dancing thru the flowers and the word "Spring!" Maybe because the smilie was nude??

Last edited by mizski; 03-21-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Cyndi- sounds like fun, hope you see lots of birds.

Ruth- have fun with your luncheon with your friend, sounds like an enjoyable time. I may have to use your idea to wear snug clothes.

Cottage- Hope you are able to find some bargains- I need to go work shoes shopping.

Me4Life- I hope the snow goes away this afternoon for you. I would not be a happy camper to see snow but we do have rain.

Mizski- Good luck with your spring cleaning.

As for me- I slept in late today and it felt good. DS is at a Track meet its an invitational track meet but it is 2 hours away and he is only throwing for at most 10 minutes so we declined to go. DD1 has a Soccer tournament today so we will go watch that game this afternoon. This morning is light cleaning and that is about it. I went and got my estee lauder free gift last night- can't beat free makeup as long as you buy something you need which I did.
I have given up Diet Coke yesterday and did pretty good just drank tea instead so I did not get the dreaded caffeine headache.

Have a great day ladies
Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #8  

The boys were having so much fun playing that I let them stay until 9 so I have them here for 8 1/2 hours. Brian had a good time, the house was not destroyed so what more could I ask for.

I'll be taking Brian to a service project for e-recycling soon. He'll be unloading computers and other electronics from people's cars. Once he gets done at 3, I'll take him to wherever his Dad is to stay until tomorrow at 6PM. I've got to run into the office and fax some papers for my refinancing so I'll do that this morning.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Guess who attends a Jazzercise class on the first beautiful Saturday of spring? NOBODY! Several of my regulars said they would not be in class today. I knew I should have cancelled, then I wouldn't have had to show up, set up equipment, and tear down equipment for nothing. AND I missed going to yard sales with DH and DS. Saturday classes are generally small -- 4-6 students. This is my first class with none. Yuck! I missed the wine party last night because I can't have wine on a Friday night and get up and teach on a Saturday morning. I'm too old for that!

So, it's beautiful outside. I'm home alone. I need to find something to do! Maybe I'll go find a flower to plant...

Y'all have a great weekend!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #10  

Almost time to go pick up Brian and take him to his Dad. Don came over and moved the garage door sensor down to a safe level for me and brought me another dog crate. We bought a doggie door but didn't have time to install it. We're going to put it through the wall into the garage and then fasten the crate to it so that Rex can get into the garage and out of the elements but not run loose in the garage. We even got to have lunch together. I'm crossing my fingers that he calls and has time tonight to spend time together.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to my beach friends

Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

back to you, Leenie-Beanie!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks, we're home

Ruth - how was that lunch? I know what you mean about the outlets, I do the same thing every time! I think it's my book fixation

Cottage - Find any book bargains?

Me - please don't send your snow this way!

Mizski - We are heading to the Cape for my birthday, first weekend in June. We will be camping near P'town and biking the Provincelands. I started planning last year when we camped in Chatham and biked the rail trail. If you're around we definitely should get together. You would be my very first in person Chick

Pearl - Don't want to offend anyone but that stuff just isn't good for you (20 years ago I had a serious Diet soda habit along with the cigs so I'm no angel). How did it go today?

Barb - Hope your evening works out

Chelby - The Monday night yoga class I go to has been really dropping off in the good weather too. I know that at work we don't even offer trainings past early May because people just don't show. It's too bad you didn't know ahead of time though. You could have relaxed at home

Schmoodle - a carryover from last night - I'd recommend a gay man but one of my bestest friends is and we lived together for awhile and he was a slob! Sometimes I think people with separate households have the right idea

So the ocean was lovely. It was very chilly there but sunny and pleasant. Not a lot of birds (and no orioles yet!) but we did see a snowy owl, swans, pintails, fox sparrows and lots of seals sunning. This time of year is fun because it's a mixture of winter and spring migrants. And no bugs! Now to go update my bracket.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Well, the lunch was just great and so was the company. I had a delicious vegetarian pizza (on a small pita) with salad and then we indulged in Irish Cream cheesecake! It was delicious and I don't feel one bit guilty! It was way too cold to walk around the trendy stores and shop so I saved a ton of money! Tomorrow I have that Thai cooking course. What a "foodie" weekend!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning - nearly 12 hours after yesterday's post. Why can't I sleep in?

Church and the Thai cooking class are all I have on the agenda today. Yippee!
Closed Thread