South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default First Friday Chat

Happy spring Chicks! I think we actually have to wait another couple of hours but I will be in yoga so I'm celebrating now.

Ruth - Did those dogs get you up early again?

I hope to get back later if it's a slow day at the office Enjoy your spring day
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You beat me! I was cruising for spammers as I do like spam for breakfast. I got the dogs up this morning. Jazz was still zzzing with his nose to the kitchen door when I came down. I had a "nuit blanche" and finally just got up. Today may be a nap day.

I can't believe it's the first day of Spring and it looks like Spring outside! Usually we have a huge dump of snow on this date. I keep wondering if it's holding off until April but am crossing my fingers that it's really an early Spring.

Time to vacuum as the doggage have started tracking in garden crud - little bits of leaves and twigs. I should cut down and vacuum the dogyard garden in the fall, I guess. I'm pretty sure I still know how to vacuum - Donna is away this week. I still have some snow in the dog yard so can't start clean-up out there but can do some things. I plan to be outdoors at least an hour today - it's time to get the house smell off me, as my Dad used to say.

Hope we all have a lovely first Day!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cyndi - glad the yoga is enjoyable for you again. Hope it's slow at the office .

Ruth - I'm thinking it's a nap day for me too!! Hope you enjoy the first day of Spring!

Me - this is wrong...I woke up at 5:15 on my day off!! Finally gave up, the brain wouldn't turn off. Figured I'd have an hour of quiet to myself before having to get DS up for school.

We're not moving...yet...declined the seller's offer to rent (they wanted too much for it!!). My landlord didn't care when I move out, so we're just going to stay put until we sign the sell papers. So, now I have a 3 day weekend without plans!!

The DH and I might drive up to the rails-to-trails (pennsylvania grand canyon) and go on a run today. Our other option is to go antique store shopping. We rarely get a nice block of time off together! (he's playing hooky from work today...he's "sick", don't cha know?) We then hope to throw things in a vehicle and rent a state cabin for the weekend. Doesn't that sound wonderful for the first weekend in spring??!!

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-20-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning and happy SPRING!

I woke up at 4 to poke Jake awake, as his alarm didn't go off, then fell back asleep and woke up at 5, then closed my eyes for another minute, and woke up at 6:15! I must have really needed the sleep, I guess. But now I'm running behind and there was a lot I wanted to get done before I head over to Cindy's.
I was supposed to have the morning off, but she called last night to say Maggie was sick again. This time it's a stomach virus. The poor wee girl has sure had a time of it this year. So I'll be getting over there early since Cindy has a full day of appointments scheduled.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

HAPPY SPRING

Good morning Chicks, yeah spring has sprung. The sun is shinning here but they are calling for rain later today and I think tomorrow as well. Which reminds me I need to go buy a new mop I broke the handle on mine yesterday. I mop all the time between the kids, dogs, one outdoor cat and the hubby my floors are always yuck....

Cindy- thanks for starting us up this morning. Enjoy your yoga class.

Twynn- I am soooooo jealous of your week end plans. Hope you have a great time together.

Ruth- Good morning, i hear ya on the crud I have driveway crud. hope you don't break your mop.

Cottage- Poor Maggie, hope she is feeling better soon. Hope you don't have to rush to much this morning. I hate rushing it makes me stress out. Have a great day.

Me- not much need to get the house work done and some laundry. We have a benift for a friend of DH tonight so we are going out. Seems weird to go out and have a great time while raising money for the poor thing who is at home dying. There is nothing that they can do to save him. It is so sad he is only around 50. Such a nice guy and a good friend of DH. Well I must dash and get my stuff done. Hopefully naptime will be a good one and I can pop back in.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I am still fighting this bug. Yuck! Cottage, I think I caught Maggie's bug. Now that I've got it, you can tell her to let it go.

Going to the bank to drop off our construction loan package and hoping the thing appraises. *gulp*

Twynn, your seller was brave to let you rent. I wouldn't have accepted his offer either. Let him sweat the mortgage payments for a bit. If he's getting cash from you, where is his incentive to move this along?

Little Chick, I have a mild mopping obsession. How do you get the mop clean after you're done? That's always my dilemma. So I end up replacing mops every three months or so. I may consider Swiffer but don't trust that to really get the floors clean. Sometimes I take old towels and just scrub them on my hands and knees but my back takes a beating from that.

To those who follow and those before me, hope you have a glorious day.

Winter is officially over!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for starting us up, Cyndi! Enjoy yoga!

After several gorgeous days, Mother Nature celebrated the first day of Spring with...snow. That's okay--we have sunshine and there's nothing that can get me down on the first day of my favorite season!

Ruth, I love the "house smell" line. I agree! about vacuuming the dog yard. We'd have to vaccum the neighborhood! Hope you have a great day!

Sounds like a great beginning to Spring, Twynn! If you're near the PA Grand Canyon, you're not too far from me. I've never been, though. I hear it's beautiful!

Poor Maggie and poor you, Cottage! You are so flexible...I'd go mad with a position like that, but I'm so glad you're there for the girls. Hope your weekend is more relaxing!

LC, I'm so sorry about DH's friend. But I bet it makes him feel really good to know so many people are getting together to support him! Too funny about the mop...you must really use it a lot!

Sorry you're sick, Diva! Wow, I feel bad about my lack of mopping. DH usually does it and only after I pester him and threaten to do it myself. We might mop once every 2 months or so?

Me:
I'm at work today--my boss is away on vacation--but tonight is free, which is nice. DH and I are going to have leftovers and perhaps a movie night, after we go to the gym, of course.

Did yoga last night and was dismayed to find it was the only teacher I can't stand. She's really poor at describing and helping people into positions, she has us go from one position to another that is totally different without any motions in between, and, worst of all, she is loud and bright and perky--kind of like an aerobics instructor--and she will NOT shut up, even during relaxation time! It's like taking yoga with Paula Dean on a mix of espresso and crack! Oh well, next time I'll remember to look at who's teaching before I go in.

Enjoy this first Spring day, chickies!

Last edited by beachgal; 03-20-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

First thing this morning, Auston asked, "Is it spring yet?" Disney channel is talking about spring today. I told him that today is actually the first day of spring. His little face brightened up and he said, "Let's go to the POOL!" It's 47 degrees.

Cydni: Have fun at yoga! I would love to take a Jazzercise class first thing every morning. Morning exercise is the best!

Ruth: I had a friend who would call and say, "Let's blow the stink off!" when she needed to get out of the house.

Twynn: Your weekend sounds wonderful! I hope you have too much fun.

Cottage: Cindy's house needs Lysol! Bless Maggie's heart!

Little Chick: I'm sorry about your hubby's friend. I guess celebrating his life is the best thing that can be done. Enjoy your evening, even though it's bittersweet.

Diva: Feel better soon!

Hope everyone has a great spring day. Maybe you can find a sunny spot to enjoy your lunch.

ETA:
Laurie said: loud and bright and perky--kind of like an aerobics instructor
OMG, Laurie, you described me! Maybe that's why I don't teach yoga.

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-20-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Chelby, what is ETA?

After POW, I'm afraid to even guess. I'm sure Zeff will know.

Estimate Time of Arrival is all I can come up with.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #10  

ETA: Edited to add. I had to ask, too. There is a list of acronyms in the 'sticky' section.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #11  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i'm waiting for that 40 degree weather to get here...right now its 9. planning on going on a long walk to celebrate the first day of spring
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #12  

9 right now? Girl, you need to move SOUTH!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #13  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
9 right now? Girl, you need to move SOUTH!
lol it gets to warm there. anything over 70 and i'm dieing...although this time of year might be good
Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
lol it gets to warm there. anything over 70 and i'm dieing...although this time of year might be good
I love 90 degrees! If it's less than 40, I stay in the house. I complain if it's less than 60.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #15  

90 is wonderful as long as it isn't too humid. 100 gets a bit hot and I just want to hang in the pool. Right now it is 55 but it will be in the 70's now that the cold front went past and dropped us down from the 80's.

Today is the last day of Spring Break and Brian has friends coming to spend the afternoon here. They are brothers (12 and 14). With either it is calm. With both it gets crazy. Oh, well, I only have one teleconference this afternoon and I can probably stay on mute for most of it.

Time to go mop the floor
Closed Thread