Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - SPRING 2009

Okay . . . it's finally here -- at least officially -- It is SPRING

Here's our new chat thread for this glorious season, gang -- just a special little place in the big 3FC word where we can talk about Canadian 'stuff' like the products available in our stores and, of course, metric things -- such as the weather and the price of gasoline per litre -- without everyone scratching their heads.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Looking a little overcast out my windows this morn ing, but it is supposed to get a bit sunnier later. Sadly though, snow is in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday; but a lot can change by then.

I celebrated the arrival of the new season by removing the blanket I tack up over my sunroom door during the winter to help keep out the westerly wind drafts. From the feel of things, I may be rushing it a little, but I really don't care -- at least the room looks more "springlike".

What are you doing to celebrate today?????
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hurray, its the first day of spring. Thanks meowee for starting our new thread.
Its my daughter's birthday, or should I say it my birthing day, (I should be the one getting gifts for labouring and giving birth, I say) so I will have to watch the partying, a bunch of teenagers is coming to take over my house tonight, with all the junk food that implies!
It is sunny, and will go above freezing today, but was cold last night, perfect maple syrup weather! Another thing to watch out for.
Off to exercise on the wii, or maybe a walk outside after breakfast.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy Spring!

I don't mind a little frost on the windshield if we have lovely, balmy afternoons. I even got out some things to start seeds
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I refuse to even think about snow. If it comes, I'll pretend it's goose poop! I may celebrate by digging our a flowered jacket.

Shhhh but it's pretty early for us around here.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #6  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I love that it is now spring.

I am still working on getting better. The coughing spells are killer. I find it so comical that I get sick during my time off and don't have to ask for any.

I had such plans for this March break. Spring cleaning, changing the furniture around in my bedroom, walking the dog b/c the weather although not always warmish has been sunny. Instead I have spent the entire holiday in bed. I go back to work on Monday. This is why you really shouldn't plan things, something comes along and screws up your plans.
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Sunny and cold this morning . . . but no snow, so far.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Same stuff here, Meowee, at -5 this morning. The dogs and I had a fire in the woodstove last night. I've been using the electric heater in that back room rather than using the stove. My Hydro bill is a bit higher than normal and I still have over two cords of wood to burn so...... It's still too cold to work outside but the sunshine is sure nice!

2B, the cleaning will still be there in the fall so focus on getting better. I haven't done Spring cleaning for years and will never catch up if I start.

The lads are in sheer heaven around here with the sap running so well and syrup ready to sell. A couple of the pancake houses are already open and doing a trade on sunny days. Ah, Spring!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #9  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Today was the first day in 10 days that I did not have any coughing spells. I haven't as yet overheated myself to see if that will bring one on. I am going to wait until Monday before I try doing anything other than walking from the kitchen to the bedroom.

I am also starting to get my voice back. Its still a little deep but not a whisper. By Monday it should be back completely.
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Oh oh . . . the sun is disappearing . . . guess we are gearing up for the snow again.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 154.8/142/135

Height: 5'6

Good morning. It is so nice to think that it's finally spring. The first day of spring it was so nice to look out the window and see 4 robins in my back yard. I think they were waiting for the magic first day too!

We are getting lots of rain here in the East Kootenays but I can take that over the snow any day!
betternbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 154.8/142/135

Height: 5'6

Well it's a snowy day here today...I am thinking that it's a typical March but I really am hoping that it will melt quickly ..
Our neighbor across the road has great sun exposure in his large yard and yesterday he was out raking.. I think it's his fault that the snow is happening!
betternbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #13  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hello from Saskatchewan! It's Snowing STILL. Makes me crazy. I've been holding a personal protest against the weather for the past month-- teaching in a fleece, a pair of jeans and sorels. The weather hasn't budged on the issue so I may have to concede that it will do what it does on its own time.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day!!
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #14  
Onward and Downward

We got 16" (that's right, sixteen inches) of snow yesterday. Not sure how they could measure it since it was blowing around so much, but that's the official word. It's still cold and very windy today. Gotta SPRING in CANADA, eh.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

The sun is shining and the wind is relatively calm but no melting so far. Hopefully it will begin a little later.