Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: St. Patrick's Day!

Mornin' All!

It's looking up to being a lovely day today, sun is out, it's chilly right now, but supposed to get a little warmer. Today is my 8th anniversary!

Have to go out and buy a corned beef to make this AM. I wasn't going to bother, but DH asked again yesterday if I was making it. I like it, but I don't need to have it.

Went to a friend's house last night and ate total crap. I shoulda known better, but I did anyway, and this AM I was sorry.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello All.
Happy St. Pat's Day!!

Not too much going on today, just the same ole same ole. Going to the gym in a bit, planned my breakfast and lunch, got the meat out of the freezer for dinner... still deciding what rooms I want to tackle today? Oh I live such an exciting life. Huh.

I've been stable on the weight. No gaining. I've even upped my workout a bit, so am hoping to loose a few more vanity pounds and tone some more. God, I hate swimsuit season . Especially when we vacation with my 17 y/o niece and her friend and they have the perfect lil bodies in their bikini's. That'll give me motivation to keep up the gym routine and keep adding to it. I have until August.

LBH- Ahh, yesterday was here and gone now. Just keep your chin up and do better today.

I'll try and check in later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello everyone. Yesterday I was so starving. I ate more than I probably should have, but I didn't binge. This morning I am starving again.

Since I had surgery, I have not been logging food. I need to start doing that again, because I know there are days when I don't get enough points, and yesterday where I may have had too many. Basically, I have been flying blind, and that's not good.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - Happy Anniversary!!

Well can only check in for a second - have a conference call in a couple of minutes. Not much planned today, just working and staying on-plan! So far so good (mind you, it's only 10am!!) haha. I'm usually planning my food out in the morning and I find that really helps me stick to it. I put it all into fitday first thing.

Hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #5  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Top of the morning to you all!!

I have been doing really well with eating, working out...and once again, have plateau-ed for the past week and a half. I am still feeling good, and motivated, though, so I guess that says something!

Kind of bummed that I will not be celebrating at all this year, since St. Patrick's day is special for me and my hubby...we went to Ireland for our honeymoon! Too much to do this evening for the kids. We have lacrosse practice and dance class, both on the same night! Oh well, there is always next year!

Trying to figure out something "Irish" to make for dinner for the kiddies, but I don't think they will like anything that I can cook up...looks like it'll be green mashed potatoes!!

Have a "LUCKY" day!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #6  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I am down another pound today!!!! I am even a little surprised because we had salmon last night and I did not realize how much fat is in that until after the fact!

opps

I hope everyone has a great day!
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #7  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Top o' the mornin'

Well, the ick is making it's rounds AGAIN in our house..... sigh. I hate being sick, and I usually NEVER get sick. But, this is the second time in 4 weeks. I think my two youngest are bringing something home from the YMCA. We all got sick about a week after we started going, and we went back last week for a few days, and here we are again. That HAS to be where it's coming from.

I won't be surprised if I gain a pound or two this week. Last night I ate a chicken pot pie. I felt so sick afterward, but man it tasted good! Plus, I've been drinking OJ like water, trying to OD on vitamin C. lol

Hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day!
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hidie ho everyone. Okay, that was sooo not irish. Sorry! I'm not too much into the whole st. patrick's day thing....

Well, scales haven't budged at all either way. I'm expecting a drop soon....but I need to get my hind end to the gym or it will never happen. I'm considering grocery shopping this afternoon after I pick my son up from school...I know that doesn't constitute a workout (well, I guess it depends ont he trip. lol) I keep saying everyday I'm goin to the gym...then I don't. Don't know what's up with me. I'm on target with eating, but not motivated at all to go workout....even though I know how much better it makes me feel. I just sit here in front of this stinkin' computer and play online scrabble (I'm addicted to it!!). UGH....what a wretched person I'm becoming. lol I've become a scrabble addict.

Anyway....nothin special goin on here (obviously...except Scrabble!!) Have a GREAT day ladies!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Diana - I'm the same way, eating is fine but exercising just ain't happening lately. I don't know why!

daydreamer - Sorry you're sick; we're all sick here too. I have a cold, hubby has the stomach flu or something, and DS seems to have a stomach thing going on as well.

Liane - YAY! Congrats on the lb down!

Meredith - Way to stay motivated, I find it so frustrating when I plateau. I am still on the "just started" consistent loss but I know plateaus are coming.

I weighed myself this morning....233.4. I am so hoping to be at least 233 by Friday, that would make me officially "obese" instead of "extremely obese"...nice, huh??
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #10  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Liz, I didn't realize that about the obese thing....We share the same height and I'm at 221.8 (I just weighed after my post a while ago and I am, in fact, down another lb...gotta change ticker)...nice to know I'm not morbidly obese anymore. The things that we'll get happy over, huh?? Hey, every victory, no matter how small, is a victory none the less!! I'll take as many of 'em as I can get!! four tenths of a lb....you can easily do that by Friday!! Best of luck to ya!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2

Good Afternoon ladies!!
Thank you for the warm welcome!! I am looking forward to losing this weight right along with all of you
Yesterday (monday) was my first day back on weight watchers, I did very well and today I am also doing well, just planning on taking this one day at a time and 10lbs at a time...slow and steady
Take care everyone and have a great day! Michelle (aka:mushy)
mushy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello! Happy St. Pat's Day! I should be getting ready to work out, but-I feel so bleh. I will try to workout for a longer period of time tomorrow. I had a great breakfast of egg beaters and veggies, lunch was with DD at school, grilled cheese, tomato soup, green beans, and dinner was an Irish feast-guinness beef stew, mashed potatoes, and Irish soda bread. Along with guinness ice cream. So good, but so bad for me as well!

Tomorrow is a new day, right?
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #13  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Oh Indymom--- that Guiness icecream treat sounds devine. Where do you get it, or do you make a float out of it from icecream and Guiness?
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Pearfreak-I made it-homemade ice cream with a guinness reduction poured in with it!! So good! It was an Emeril recipe.
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote