South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default A Toast to Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day!

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!

Top o' the mornin' to you on this fine day when we all have a bit o' the Irish in us. The girls and I will be making our traditional Irish Soda Bread this afternoon, and I'm trying a new recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen made with whole wheat flour. Since I don't eat meat, they'll be no corned beef in this house, but we'll have something with cabbage, for certain. For the luck, you know.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"And the rest o' the day to yerself!"

Yup. It's the 17th of Ireland, the day when the world pretends to be Irish, a day of green beer and other bad things. My Dad used to get up really early and put green food colouring in the toilet bowls so he could tell us the leprechaun had been here overnight. Mother made green oatmeal for breakfast - not a hit!

Jazz is in disgrace for somehow getting out of the dog yard again yesterday and then not coming when called. Right now he goes out with a 20' leash on him which will slow him down. Fence inspection is on my list this busy day.

It's Good Food Box morning so Claire and I are off shortly to pick up the produce at the wholesaler and divvy it up. I have a Hort. Society executive meeting at 10 so we are going to have to move it. This afternoon I do pet therapy at the nursing home - I think it's Jazz's turn. Picking up the pine cones outside is still on my list and will seem like a treat.

I had my corned beef feed over the weekend but will have cabbage for dinner tonight. Maybe with pulled pork from the stash.

Have a great Tuesday, Irish or not!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - I'm going to make that bread this week too. The recipe looks good. Let us know what you think.

Ruth - I like your father Glad to hear you are getting outside today, even if it is to do chores.

I've got a longish day today, covering a training for my co-worker. She is in New Orleans helping rebuild.

I'm finally back on track! My eating has been very good and my exercise is back up to snuff. I made it through the entire yoga class last night. It's a little depressing to discover how quickly I lose ground though. 4 weeks of limited mobility and my strength is noticeably less. Ah well, just have to get back to it! The scale has been rewarding me with my lowest weight again so I know I'm on the right track. Now to get my body fat % back down.

The sun is out and it is going to be warm and springy today. I'm going to get out for a couple of walks during the day. Hope you can too!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I haven't even looked at my to-dos for today so no idea what's on the agenda, but probably more of the usual. DH left early this morning for Norfolk, he'll be in class until Thursday night. Guess I'll try and think of something green to feed the kids for dinner - I'd planned lasagna before I remembered it was St. Paddy's Day, but I don't think that'll work too well! DH is a Patrick, but he's French, so he celebrates it as his feast day, but not as the Irish-American thing. I usually cook him a nice dinner and give him a little something, but not this year. No corned beef for us either, no point as the kids won't touch it, but I'll admit I did have a nice Reuben sandwich over the weekend.

Happy baking cottage!
Ruth, I love the green pee idea. I'll try to remember that for next year.
Enjoy your sun and your walks Cindy, it's really gray here. I think we've got another rainy day ahead but tomorrow will be warm and sunny, hooray!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I always put food coloring in the toilet bowls, too! And in the milk and whatever else I can think of. My kids and Audrey and Maggie love it and expect it every year. I also sprinkle green glitter (leprechaun dust!) around mischievious things, such as an upturned wastebasket or emptying out a dresser drawer. They adore discovering what the leprechauns are up to!
I hope you can discover just where Jazz is finding his escape route! Maybe he's getting a little help from the "wee people".

Cyndi, I'll let you know how the bread turns out! Get out and enjoy your sunshiny day, and I'm glad you're back on track!

ETA - Good morning, Schmoodle!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-17-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

You wouldn't think it, but Birmingham has a huge St. Patty's Day celebration and parade. I love seeing the pretty redheaded girls dance in their pretty dresses.

Cottage: I've only had corned beef once. Yuck! Pickled meat! I don't eat pickled pickles.

Ruth: I made green eggs and ham one SPD. It wasn't a hit either.

Cyndi: Hooray for low weight!!!

Schmoodle: Have fun home alone! When my DH is gone, I make sure Auston goes to bed early and I am Queen of the Remote!

Me: The sun is supposed to be out today. WooHoo!!! 'Bout time! We got close to 4 inches of rain in 4 days.

Are we supposed to kiss a stone today? I've already kissed my hard headed son...

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-17-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all its supposed to be in the 60's today and i really need to pick up my yard since the neighborhood dogs seemed to have a field day while i was gone. did alot of running around yesterday but managed to eat on plan...maybe not enough but i'll be fixing that today.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
I am begrudgingly at work today. When we were kids Mom would pull us out of school for the Parade Its our day Darnit!
my Spinach Quiche is seriously a deep green!
Sounds like you all have some fun traditions!!
Chel enjoy the Sun
Ruth Enjoy the outdoors
Schmoo I love that your Patrick makes the day his own!!
Cyndi and Me you guys are doing great!
Cottage. . .I'm coming Over I love soda bread
I'm giving up on the exercise challenge this month. . .not to stop exercising I just need to focus on Water and sleep
so I'll do a bit less workout wise But I need to feel better and I'm not!! so I brought some crystal light to put in my water and I'll be bonding with the Potty!!
Gotta Run
Kierie
YAY I GOT IN EARLY!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello! Running behind, as usual. I'm always like this before we go out of town. Too bad we go out of town so often!

Happy St. Patty's Day to you all!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #10  

I'm leaving in a bit to pick up Don at the airport. I've got my "Everyone loves an Irish girl" shirt on.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies- its good to be back! I truly do need my support crew Chicago was fabulous and so was the food but I am ready and already started great with eggs, and a couple cups of spinach, mushrooms, and tomato for breakfast

Apparently I am catching up to my smilie quota from the looks of it! LOL

Cottage- I am going to have to check out that recipe, I don't think I have ever had any bread like that!

Ruth- the green food coloring thing is cute! Good Luck finding the escape route! and have a good therapy day today!

Cyndi- Hope you get out for your walks! I am definitely going to get at least one in and hope to work out in the yard! Its supposed to get up to 70 today here but its foggy as can be right now! As soon as the suns out- Im out!

Schmoodle- How bout spinach noodles with pesto instead of tomato sauce- I don't have kids and thats probably not a kid friendly meal... hmm, dunno- but good luck finding something! I bet it would be easy to turn mac and cheese made with white american green- Im sure thats more kid friendly, probably not as healthy, but more kid friendly! lol

Chelby- Enjoy the parade! When we were in Chicago they said they turned the river green- I would have loved to see it, but unfortunately on our way back to Chicago we didn't see the city...

Me4- haven't seen ya round in a while- glad to see ya back- yard work is in my future too!

Kierie- Hope you and the toilet are enjoying your bonding time! LOL you're too funny!

Kim- Hope you get to do something fun while out of town and not just work!

Barb- I am wearing my Kiss me Im Irish shirt I wore it one day to Lowes, and let me tell you it was a mistake!!!- maybe because it wasn't st. pattys day too! LOL

As for me I have MUCHO MUCHO housework to get back to!!! ugh. Loads of laundry will catch me this morning but if the rest doesn't get done I don't care- I will be outside today as soon as the sun shows!!! I can't wait to air out the house as well! Chicago was a great fun trip- lots of walking and I really enjoyed it... I was suprised how clean and safe the city seemed! Now, off to find that gardening thread with a couple questions

Happy St. Patricks day to all!!!

Last edited by rdw1; 03-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

HAPPY SAINT PADDYS DAY Hope everyone is enjoy thier day. I am not wearing one lick of green, my Irish ansestors would be roll'n over today.

I actually got in here early today... the wee ones are being very cooperative during quiet time for a change. Although I only have a few minutes as I am making green cookies for snack today and they are having kiwi with it. I also have my veggies chopped for my omlette tomorrow and supper cooking for tonight. Although we are having pizza as the boyfriends are coming over and it is a quick and easy supper. So all preperations are done for that. I am so darn organized today it is almost scary.

Well I am off to clean my kitchen and bake cookies. Hope you all have a wonderful OP Saint Paddys Day..
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quick check-in for me. I have to go rake the yard and get my irish soda bread baked.

Thought I would share that I finally convinced my mom to start South Beach. She is pre-diabetic and has high blood pressure...of course, none of that matters as much as her 40th HS reunion coming up
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

What a gorgeous day today turned out to be! I finally got out and mowed the yard, decided to week all the flower beds and I raked and bagged the mess- phew, I forgot how much work it can be but didn't bother me as I was just enjoying the weather so much! I also trimmed all the shrubs... DH is going to be very pleased with me when he gets home! Those are his chores!

Although, the house took a toll because of it- but laundry is still going and the rest of the mess will still be waiting on me tomorrow! LOL
Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #15  

I got Don picked up earlier today and have gotten a lot of work done. I'm leaving in a few minutes to meet up with my lawyer to pay him the money I owe him. It's such a beautiful day that it is too nice to be inside.
Closed Thread