South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default HELP...I am STILL craving sweets!!!

Okay...I had to start the "unofficial" Ph 1.5 b/c I'd been on Ph 1 for 2.5 weeks, however, I am STILL craving the off-limits sweets. I want Mini Eggs soooo badly!!! The SBD desserts just are not doing it for me...and I want more than one a day. Of course, it doesn't help matters that I gave up chocolate for Lent. So...any suggestions??? I feel as though I am going to SERIOUS fall off of the wagon any minute. PLEASE help!!!

TIA!

Last edited by 262mom2three; 03-16-2009 at 05:17 PM.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

262, are you SURE that you didn't go off plan at all from Phase 1 for the past five days? If you had any sugar, even a tiny bit, you'll still have cravings.

Are these physical cravings? In other words, do you feel shaky, weak, and dizzy, with an intense need to eat sugar NOW? Or are they emotional cravings, where you feel depressed, bored, etc. and want to eat sugar to feel better?

SBD will take care of physical cravings. It doesn't take care of the emotional ones, though I found that cutting out sugar made me feel less tired and less depressed, so I didn't have as many emotional cravings.

Go over your Phase 1 with a magnifying glass to see if there is any way you may have gotten some sugar.

Then, remind yourself that even if you weren't doing SBD, you couldn't have those Mini Eggs anyway--they're chocolate and you gave that up for Lent. Sometimes those reminders help!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I slipped up on P1 because of cooked turkey, of all things. Turned out it was cooked with sugar and I hadn't realised.
A clean P1 will absolutely remove your physical cravings - it does for me - and I'm the worst person in the world for sugar cravings.
It can be something you didn't even think about that may have had sugar in it and that's set you back.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Artemis is totally right...one of mine was a bite of 3 bean salad at a salad bar. I'd never had it before and had NO idea it has sugar in it! Now I make it at home and it's one of my favorites, but before SBD, I'd never touch it because it had (gasp!) vegetables.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #5  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

While I agree with all the other posters that you should see if maybe you had a small slip up in Phase 1, it's sounds to me like you're experiencing emotional cravings - not surprising this time of year, with all that Easter candy around! If you're feeling blue - or if you just can't get your mind off all the seasonal treats - maybe a bit of exercise is the thing. Go for a walk or a jog - or even just close the shades and have a good boogie to some favorite tunes; just get those endorphins going!

Hope you feel better, and keep trying recipes from the Phase 1 Dessert forums - it can be hard but eventually you will find something that suits you. Maybe the peanut butter cookies would do the trick?
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I think those desserts can go either way. Sometimes when I crave sweets anything sweet makes me crave even more. I've had some luck the other way - eating some protein like cottage cheese with grape tomatoes.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #7  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Thank you ladies! It is TOTALLY an emotional craving. Chocolate is EVERYWHERE...and it is soooo annoying. I SWEAR that chocolate is the DEVIL in disguise!!! I discovered that while I was off SBD if I had the SLIGHTEST amount of chocolate I hit a MAJOR depression...NEVER noticed this before my last Ph 1. Even though I was on Ph1 during the holiday season, it didn't seem as bad that time. Maybe I'll stay on Ph 1.5 for a little while to get the whole grains back in my system and then if I am still craving it horribly then I'll go back on Ph1. This is HORRIBLE!!! I seriously want to buy a bulk bag and down the entire thing to get it out of my system (and get sick and tired of them...all at once). Ugh! Soooo unhealthy in so many ways.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Im not huge on Chocolate, but every year I really feel like I need those darned mini eggs- they are the best!!!! I usually buy a small package and put them in the freezer for when I have a "planned allowance" of them! I just don't like to give in and just eat whatever, better for me to plan it out and adjust my exercise, etc to account for it!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote