Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1202

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

accidentally posted on last weeks thread.. so , a lil copy and paste... and wah la lol

good morning ladies.. the sun in shining (rarity here lol), and i weighed in this am for the first time (that counts) since i have given up the soda and started exercising more. i decided i would make mondays my weigh in day as that will help me stay OP during the weekend. As of this am i am 299.4... woo hoo... the sad part is it took me a year to lose from 325 -304 cause i was stubburn and wouldnt give up my soda and to be honest i wouldnt exercise either.. i even went in and had my thyroid checked cause i was losing so slow... gave up soda last tuesday and from then till today with a bit of exercise each day i lost 5lbs.. i was 304.8 so actually 5.4 lol..i guess the dr was right when he said my thyroid was fine..
i havnt changed my eating much except instead of fries, i have baked.. i even had a few pringles over the weekend, but i exercised em off before i ate em which wouldnt have EVER happened before. i do love soda, and i miss it horrilbly, but.. im lovin this weight loss more than i miss it lol.. i know it wont stay at this accelerated weight, but im gonna sit back and enjoy it while it lasts.
i hope everyone is doing well today and able to stay on their plans
Old 03-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Hey ladies. I was more of a lurker last week, but I did manage to read almost every post. I hope everyone is feeling better and Annie I'm glad it wasn't anything beyond panic attacks, but that still seems pretty serious to me! I hope you are getting the help you need. *healing hugs*

I'm going back to the doctor this morning, this time a more personal visit at the OBGYN, which I'm not looking forward to. I have to do it, so I'm going. Next on the agenda is a visit to a dermatologist, but I haven't made that appointment yet. I have been washing my hair lately with TSAL, fragrance free, and it seems to be okay. It keeps me from itching as much. I also have noticed my hair feeling thicker when I run my hands through it. I think diet changes will continue to help things along, but I do need a doctor to step in and help my skin heal. So far everything is checking out internally, but externally I have these issues still.

I've been working on a web site project as well as plotting out my own web site redesign. Currently it scares people haha. I am moving toward doing something more illustrative as that is where my passion lies.

Eating wise I've been doing "okay" but I can do a lot better. I've decided part of my issue is not making a detailed meal plan for myself. So, that is what I am going to do for the next store trip. I need to plan out exactly what I'm having and not piddle about with guesses.

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't lost any weight ,but I haven't gained either. *HUGS*
Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday all. I was a lurker last week too but I promise to post more this week. I am still stuck in plateau-land but I've gone to the new gym every day for the last 2 weeks, except for 2 sanctioned "rest" days, and I've lost 1 1/2-to-2 inches all over. So I'm not worried about the scale right now, I'm happy with getting smaller. I'm sure my weight will start to drop again eventually.

Hope everyone is well and having a good week so far!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm here I promise you'd think girls in school be more time nope. I'm annoyed right now thought. I joined Curves a month ago and I didn't lose any I GAINED and I was watching what I ate. I'm not sure if its worth spending it on a membership or not. We have one car so my husband comes gets me and get get the girls and he stays with all 4 while I work out. Then its rush home get them to do their homework and rush to get supper done. I got my heartrate where they said to and I never broke a sweat. OR so I keep at it another month and see what happen? I don't know I'd love some advice.

Ally
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Default Blc

Hi Ladies,
Results are in!!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Well, I am back again - trying once more to get healthy once and for all. It is nice to see the familiar faces as well as some new ones. I hope your week is off to a great start!

The past few months for me have had their ups and downs. I gave myself a birthday gift in December of signing up for one of those exercise bootcamps. For three weeks, five days a week, I got up at 5am and exercised for an hour in the outdoors - even in the pouring rain, even when I was laying in the mud and frost. I never thought I would be able to do something like that, and proving to myself that I could did a lot to boost my self-esteem and my resolve to get healthy and fit. I was able to take 6 minutes off the time it took me to run/walk a mile and I doubled the number of situps and pushups I could do in a minute. I also ate right and kept a food log during that time.

Then came Christmas, and it all went out the window. It took me until the end of February to get back on track. For two months, I went back to my old ways, eating too much and not enough good food and not exercising.

When Lent started (February 25th for those of you who do not observe), my husband and I decided we would each give something up. He gave up eating out, and I gave up eating things with added sugar, both real and artificial. Since we are together for most of our meals, that means I have almost elimated my eating out as well. It has been almost three weeks, and I have not slipped up once. As someone who regularly drank 3+ diet sodas a day and had desserts several times a week, I am feeling very happy. But I know I will have to be careful once Lent is over not to just slip back into my old habits.

My husband has been doing really well on the exercise front - when I started the bootcamp, he joined a gym with one of his coworkers and has been going practically every day. That compelled me to get back to exercising, too. Also, my workplace started a 'healthy living' initiative - several women (no men at our library - yet) have joined - we replaced our breakroom snacks with healthy alternatives, we exchange healthy recipes, arrange times to go to the gym together (we get a discount at our local Y), and offer support to one another. So, I joined back at the gym, and have been going regularly. I have found this time around that two things are making a difference: going with other people, and doing various things like classes and different machines rather than just the one thing every day.

My next step in a return to healthy living was to come back to 3FC, since I have found this such a great place to come and share and support one another. I need all the help I can get!

AmericanUK - Congratulations on getting out of the 300s! That is awesome and you should be very proud of yourself. Don't beat yourself up over past behavior. It is what you are doing now that counts. That's great that you've been able to give up the sodas. That is really tough!

Jacquie - hello and nice to meet you! It sounds like you are doing the things you need to do to take care of yourself. That is important and something we neglect all too easily!

DC - congrats on losing the inches! That's awesome! Good for you for not worrying about the scale, either.

Keeper - I've never been to a Curves so I don't really know how hard a workout it is, or what your personal fitness/body issues will allow. Do you leave there feeling like you got a workout? Or is it too easy?

Debbie - what results??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #8  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Hello -

American in UK - CONGRATS on being below 300!! That is so awesome. I can't wait to be below 300...I still have about 8 pounds to go....it's so exciting because I haven't been below 300 in like five or six years.

I am not sure if I introduced myself before, but my name is Mel, I have been coming here off and on for years. I see a couple of the "old" regulars still lurking about, but many new faces too! This web site has helped me get through so much, and i've met some really cool people here.

I am 28 years old, and i am an elementary school teacher. we just recently found out that our school is being closed down (catholic school) - so i may not be a teacher in the fall unless i can get a job!

another thing about me, i am diabetic, and i just found out a couple weeks ago...my whole lifestyle has to change now, but i am motivated and up for it.

just over the past two weeks i have completely changed my diet and started exercising. already i have more energy, am sleeping all night, and i'm not tired/fatigued during the day.

what sorts of "diets" is everyone on? just cutting calories? I'm on weight watchers...
Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

LitChick, It's the results for the Biggest Loser Challenge that started earlier this year.

Sorry for not being around but just haven't felt like posting, so been lurking. I did start back OP yesterday. I'm so uncomfortable with the weight I've gained, so giving it a go again.

toodles
Old 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Leslie: it is so great to see you back!!!! Welcome.

Had a very productive day at work today and looking forward to being all caught up tomorrow when I go to work. Tonight is weight lifting with DH. I am really enjoying it. He pushes me and I like that.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Annie - that sounds fun! DH has been walking with us - 2 nights in a row now. I like that too! He is going to do the Trolley Run with me at the end of April - he is concerned he won't make it 5k - gotta get him ready. The pups don't know how to act though - us girls have our routine down and he thinks he needs to handle one of them. Nice week - how are you?

Debbie - baby steps remember. We're here - goodness knows you've pulled me back on the wagon more times than I can count - grab hold and hang on.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Quick check in, just got my walk in.

Here are my stats from yesterday....

1) NO more going out to eat / drive thrus (today was good)
2) Keep calorie level 1800 or below (<1800)
3) Burn my required 3300 calories EVERY day for the rest (3329)
4) Get my 10,000 steps in every day (10,371)

And today, looks like I will hit my goals as well. It was a lot harder today with work, but still made it.

That's it for me.

Angie
Old 03-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Went to the store today. It's like an excursion to the North Pole practically. I get to go to the pool tomorrow. Himself is off to Calgary for the day, so I get to go alone for a change. I have promised not to run off with one of the pool boys.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies...

Angie: way to with keeping up with your goals that is awesome!

Catherine: I have never been to the north pole hehehe

So we are having potluck tomorrow at work! But it is for our room only..so LUCKLY most of us 5 are trying to et healthier. We are having chili made with turkey that a girl is bringing in. I made corn bread..bad I know BUT only having a small piece...and lots of veggies..and angel food cake and a salad. We all in the room have decided to help eachother stick to whatever plan we are on. One girl is doing the South beach one. Me and another girl are just counting calories. The other is on no soda and less bread..the other is no running to the vending machine. LOL baby steps I keep telling them baby steps.

Sometimes it is hard because they think at my size, and I am the biggest, that I should be eating the least. Sometimes I just put my I am not listening face on lol. One wants to ride bikes after work. There is no way. She said I am using my weight as an excuse. BUT I tried at the gym and my knees hurt so bad.

EVEn as I sit here and type, I swear I feel like a big blob of fat! So onward to make life changes...Thanks ladies for being there for me!!! This site and you are all soo important to me!

Last edited by azcyn; 03-17-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: needed color
Old 03-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello all! I'm back from my long weekend down to St. Louis! Had a blast, got a TON of walking in, but my legs are so stiff and sore still from the 7 hour car ride there and back. I drank faaaaaaar too much this weekend. I skipped weigh in this week, and will next Monday, once I've gotten some of this water out of my system!

I'm exhausted, and heading to bed. I'll be here in full swing again tomorrow (well, today....later. lol)

Night all!
Closed Thread