South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Toot & question...

Ok, so I just have to toot my own horn today!!! I made it through the first week of phase 1 and I feel so good! I've only gotten this far in phase 1 once before...I really have to thank everyone for being here b/c if it wasn't for checking in daily on this board I don't know how well I would have done. So...THANK YOU!!!

Now for the question(s)...how far along on phase 1 are you? And are you doing it longer than 2 weeks? I haven't read the whole book in a while, but remember he said phase 1 wasn't meant for long term use, and I don't want to be on it forever!!! But I'm wondering if anyone else is on it past the 2 weeks? The only time I made it past 2 weeks I totally fell off the deep end the first time I had bread and felt powerless to get back up. It scares me a little to think about that again.

Anyway, hope you all have a truly wonderful day! Blessings to all!! -Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jenny, for completing your first week of Phase 1! The next week will be even easier!
It's not recommended to stay on Phase 1 longer than 14 days because you won't be getting enough nutrients. There's a great sticky in the FAQ section about how to introduce Phase 2 into your plan. If you go slowly, you shouldn't have any trouble at all staying OP. Good luck, and again, congratulations!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hooray Jennygirl! Toot Toot!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Good for you, Jenny!

I jump into Phase 2 on Monday, the 16th. No way am I extending this past the two-week mark.

As it stands, I'm down six pounds thus far and I'm very happy about that.

But to extend this would mean that I wouldn't be able to hit the gym and run as I'd like. I don't have the carbs to carry me and I have a marathon in a month that I need to be ready for.

Besides, this just doesn't feel "balanced". I'm glad I did it and wouldn't NOT do it again, but two weeks is definitely my limit.

I'd rather lose ONE pound a week and be able to work out as I'd like than lose THREE pounds a week and feel "weak" like this.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Jenny, congrats on making it past the first week!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/194/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad you asked that question because I was also thinking about going another week. I don't miss the starchy carbs at all. I do miss my fruit but I figure what is one more week I take supplements.

I don't feel weak at all and I walk 60 minutes everyday and do weights for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I get 30 - 35% carbs everyday and I don't think that is low at all. I personally can't see myself binging at those levels unless I wouldn't eat often enough and found myself starving.

Last edited by jenny515; 03-15-2009 at 08:48 AM.
jenny515 is offline   Reply With Quote