General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  
starwish

S/C/G: 185/142/120

Height: 5'5

Question the bead diet.

has anyone ever tried this or heard of it? i tried to google it but nothing really came up.

What is the Accu Weight-Loss Program ?
The Accu Weight-Loss program combines Asian and American weight-loss concepts without the use of medications to achieve results. The program enhances appetite satisfaction, thereby creating an atmosphere where hunger is no longer an issue.

AccuWeight operates under the hypothalamic hypothesis. The hypothalamus is the gland in the brain that regulates the body's weight set point, thereby maintaining weight levels. Dieters find that their weight returns to the set point—back to the weight where they started—within months of completing most diet programs.

AccuWeight provides a weight maintenance program that will keep you within 3 to 5 pounds of your final weight. The hypothesis:

The medial (middle) hypothalamus governs satiety (feelings of fullness).
The lateral (side) hypothalamus governs the amount you eat.
AccuWeight achieves a balance between these two functions, allowing the body to maintain its new weight.

Another dimension is added to the program by incorporating Chi Gong Breathing. This methodology not only enhances energy levels, but attention, concentration, and mental alertness.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like they like to throw around a lot of scientific words without really saying much.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #3  
starwish

i guess no one has heard of this or done it? it has to do with accu-pressure
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #4  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I've done it. I'm on it. I know a looot of people who've done it. It sounds crazy, but is really works. You don't starve. You don't feel hungry. As long as you stick to the diet, you lose. This has been around for more than 20 years.
I know people who have done transition, and have maintained their weight for 2 years. It sounds crazy, but believe me, it's great. I know this one lady that did it with her doctor tracking her the whole way and all it did was make her healthier, she barely lost any muscle b/c her body truly thought it was full. Doing the diet actually gave me a lot of energy.. mind you, the first week is the toughest since your body is adjusting, but afterwards, I was able to work myself up to jogging 2.5-3 miles every other day.
Ask anyone who is actually on the diet, and they will tell you what I just said.. and I went on this diet the first time not expecting it to work.. and I've fasted and felt what hunger feels like, this is definitely not the case. Try it out for a week and see how you feel, if you don't like it, don't do it. You basically reset your metabolic point, so once you finish the diet, and then transition for a month or so, your weight is able to be maintained, provided you still eat better than you did before. PM me if you want.

Last edited by Starrynight; 03-09-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

The Accu-Weight Program stopped my weight gain for a few months. It's an amazing diet. What really impressed me was the fact that the weight loss didn't result in sagging skin. Most critical is the transition period back into "regular" eating.

After going below my goal and losing over 50 pounds, I ate back over half the weight lost. I allowed a series of personal hardships to kick up my compulsive eating triggers.

Though it was a good experience and dissolved 20 pounds, I am no longer on the program. Now, I'm on the way back down the scale again. This time losing the excess slowly and surely, without extreme measures to food or fitness. I choose to eat a balanced variety of foods and burn off calories through exercise.

Last edited by Ready2BThinna; 12-09-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #6  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Sounds interesting, but 'what' is it? What do you do? Do have an eating program, meditation programs, what?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Yea, what is "it?"
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #8  
starwish

i've lost 14 pounds in 2 and a half weeks! and i feel great! im not hungry and i work out and STILL have energy! i just hope when i start transition i can keep it off =]
Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

From their website

Acupressure Using Beads

Acupressure is a key element of the Accu Weight-Loss program. Pressure applied to tiny beads placed behind each ear will trick the body into feeling full and, therefore, you will not experience hunger.

Acupressure is similar to acupuncture but acupressure is not an invasive procedure.

The program seems to operate through the hypothalamus. The "AccuBeads" appear to signal the hypothalamus that food satisfaction has been achieved and thus clients do not experience hunger. Acupressure also appears to signal the body that it is not calorie-deficient but is getting all the basic fat, protein, and amino acids necessary. Therefore, clients are losing mainly fat but little muscle or organ mass. The Chi Gong appears to enhance weight loss as well as increased energy by increasing the body's ability to use oxygen.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #10  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

Starwish & Starrynight
I got an ad in the mail you know all those diet ads that come in the mail well I do anyway some I try most I just throw away or read just to see what the gimmick is this month or week.
The bead that is working for you both are you going to a naturopath for the beads
The ad I got was for the Accu-trim Bead it sounds like the same procedure is this what you are using?? just like to know?? you know how they love to take our money or is this yet another scam???sounds like it !! Please me know!! Glad you found something thats been working for you!!
BYE
JJ
Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #11  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

There's only a few accredited doctors, I don't think the ones you've gotten in the mail are legit, but I could be wrong. The only legit ones I know of, are the ones listed on the accuweight.com site, these practitioners were directly involved in creating the program through research and practice. Dr. Schwartz was my doctor and he personally collaborated with another doctor (I forgot his name) to combine the accupressure techniques together. Still, if you have doubts, you could always e-mail them and ask for more information!
Ready2B, you did accu-weight too? How much did you lose?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #12  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

THANKS STARRYNIGHT I think it's a cheap copy of the accupressure tech. & costs alot THANKS FOR THE POST GLAD you found lifestyle tech that working for you
JJ
Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #13  

(Updated post - see above)

Last edited by Ready2BThinna; 12-09-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Update - See prior post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #14  

Default question for you

Congrats Ready2B!!!
Hey, I'm going on the orientation either this week or next, I have 15-20 lbs to lose. Do you think after the weight is lost, you can go on a regular healthy eating plan, like maintenance Weight Watchers? I'm good at healthy eating, I just don't want to wait to lose the weight like other plans usually take. I just know that I can't do Accuweight forever if that's what the plan entails. How long did your loss take you? Thanks so much, I'll ask when I get there too.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #15  

Thanks Meginuk! If the suggested protocol is strictly adhered to, a loss of 15-20 pounds per month can be expected. This is during the "Basic" phase of the program. What is most important is to follow the instructions for a proper "Transition" phase to segue back into "normal" eating and stabilize the body to its new setpoint.

This is not intended as a long-term weight loss program

Some folks have had terrific results and maintained their goal weight. My eating issues required a different approach. I find that taking in less calories via 3 "square" a day, with one or two healthy snacks, along with 30-minutes of exercise 6 days per week keeps me feeling my best.

Last edited by Ready2BThinna; 12-09-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Update
Closed Thread