Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Weight Watchers 20 Something Buddies PT 2

They are supposed to close out the thread at 500 posts. So we can continue over here girls!

Daimere COngratulations...i know you are excited

Joley Can I get a woot woot! You go Miz THang!

Kim you are really doing it! I wish I got a workout in this morning!. I was running late for work so there was no way that was gonna happen

Petunia Sometimes you know our bodies go a little nutso! Just stick with it...it will all balance out. Have you "gone" yet? They plays a part as well. Are you getting your fiber and water in??

Unfortunately I didn't get to work out yesterday but I did stay OP. SO I will take that....but it did break my workout streak of 4 days...I was going for 5!!!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 03-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #2  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Cake! I'm trying! I'm definitely feeling determined, just a little frustrated as well! I have also been tracking on Sparkpeople this week and it seems my fiber intake has gone down from 30+ grams a day to about 20, so I'm trying to increase it! I've been drinking a lot of water, too. I still feel parched though, our apt. is so dry so maybe I need to kick it up even more! I started taking new vitamins with Iron in them which is definitely playing a part-- my body is very sensitive to Iron if you know what I mean! I cut back to 1/2 a vitamin a day so hopefull that'll help!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Congrats for that Petunia!! I have the Metemucil that you can put in your drink and not taste for the days that I am low in fiber... It works... lol... And Yasmine has a Generic?!?! I may try to get my doc to stick me on that if I keep having bleeding bwtn my TOM with Yaz, it would be cheaper!!

I'm so EXCITED!! I get to go to my new Trainer today... I waited two darn weeks, so he better be worth the wait... Otherwise, I'll dropkick somebody (and probably get injured in the process... LOL)

Anyways, good luck to everyone today!! I'm going to try to stay on my treadmill tonight AT LEAST 45 minutes while watching Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, and 30 Rock... It felt good last night going to bed with two extra miles of cardio in!!

AND MY 30DS STILL HASN'T COME IN!! And the tracking number isn't working... ARGH!!!

Last edited by blissclaire; 03-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  
Bride-to-be!

Thanks Bliss! Yeah it has a generic which is really exciting! I just got health insurance too so I went from paying $65 brand name to $10 generic!!! So happy! Also, you'll love 30DS. It kicks my booty!!! Have fun w/ the trainer!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Do you girls mind if I join you? I'm a 20-something (23 actually!) WW girl who needs a little more accountability in her life, haha. I just started up logging my food and exercise again. I can keep pretty good count in my head, but lately I've found myself starting to sneak snacks or having just "little bites" of things. NOT GOOD! I'm also trying to find some good 1 to 2 point snacks..so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Petunia -- If you're looking to add more fiber, black beans are low in points and high in fiber..and easy to add to just about anything!

blissclaire -- I'm so excited that Grey's Anatomy is new tonight! Whoo hoo! It looks like it's going to be a good one too!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Foxxy Wellcome. Another Grey's Anatomy Fan here!

Petunia Isn't insurance wonderful. I love having to pay - only a co-pay!

BLiss I hopw everything works out with the trainer today.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Hi Guys!

Wow, a new thread! BTW I have stayed OP since my horrible binge on Monday. It has already...ahemmmm...left my system. I'm back to eating whole food/vegan, so am feeling really good!

CakeBatter Good for you on the workouts! I think 4 days in a row is enough anyway. My knees are feeling better--I still can't workout the way I want, but at least I can walk without pain. I'm in physical therapy, so am doing some light strenghthening exercises. But I love the high I get from running, hiking, speed walking, etc. Maybe in another month...

Petunia I'm so sorry that you don't want to be at your job. That is not a good feeling.

Everyone else Hi all! I look forward to hearing your posts and welcome to the newbies!

Last edited by PeatrixPotter; 03-12-2009 at 01:13 PM.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #8  
joley* is back...

S/C/G: 226.6/218.6/125

Height: 5 feet zero

Thank you Cake and Bliss.

it's a little rough now that I had to go down a point. Aunt Flo is certainly not making things better.

Cake - I think that 4 days a week is wonderful! But I know how it is. I try to do 5 days a week too, but today is not looking so good.

Petunia - I hope you start feeling better. Hormones can really take a toll on our bodies...

Bliss - nice! have fun working out with your new trainer! I am really really intrigued about this 30 Day Shred thing with Jillian Michaels. Hope you get yours soon! btw - I had a laproscospy done to remove my gall bladder in April last year. I know how it is. It took me more than a month to get back to normal.

foxxy - Welcome girly! I'm super brand new too. Glad to have you aboard. The more the merrier I think.

Peatrix - for being on plan! you're doing so good!
joleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #9  
Bride-to-be!

Thanks everyone. I've said it before and I'll say it again-- you girls are the BEST!

I'm already up to 34 g. of fiber today... woo hoo! I'm going to have a Greek salad for dinner tonight and lots of water!

Foxxy- Welcome... we're happy to have you!!! Thanks for the reminder on the beans... I love 99% FF black beans but haven't even thought to make them lately! I like to add them to chicken/corn/salsa/brown rice for dinner. I'll have to do that tomorrow or something! And I know what you mean about accountability! It seems so easy to track in my head but sometimes I forget about the little bites here and there!

Peatrix- thanks... yeah it sucks! In this market though I don't seem to have a choice! I feel like I'm still trying to figure out if I'm in the right field or not. I kinda want to go back to school for nursing or something more "useful"!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #10  

Foxxy Welcome! I hope that you get all the support you need from here.. these ladies are amazing!!

Peatrix Good job with getting back on point... I haven't had any binges yet, but I tried a bite of this amazing french bread all gooey with butter at lunch, and I wanted to puke... I think that once you get back on track, you'll be fine!

Petunia Great job on the fiber intake!!

Joley I hope you feel better soon. Aunt Flo isn't nice to me either... You'll get through it!! And Netflix was supposed to send me the 30DS, but I think that the copy I bought will get here before Netflix! The whole thing is on youtube. I watched some of it and it seems like it is going to be a butt-kicker!!

So here goes my day...(so far!)

OMG... This trainer better create a kick-*** program for me... I thought that since I had to wait so long, that he would've had a program all ready for me, because I had to fill out a three-page questionnaire thing about stuff... So I spent 45 minutes sitting there listening to crap I already know and have been doing, it was more like a lecture than anything. He asked me a typical meal would look like when I cooked, and I told him my fav: Zuchinni Spaghetti, using fresh tomatoes, zuchinni, ground turkey, and whole wheat pasta. And I get a lecture on that! (Despite all of this, he did say that he helped one lady get from like 30% body fat to less than 10% in four months... So we'll see!!)

So I'm just kinda like wtf, let's get to work! AND THEN he tells me that it won't be until MONDAY when my program will be ready... AND i'm really like WTF. I waited a week and a half to wait some more for a workout regimine? Seriously? and I paid $20 for this? Kind of RIDICULOUS!!!!! So, I just go and do my legs/back routine which I've been doing.... Taking my frustrations out in the hour of squats and leg presses.... I left happy

So now I'm back home, and my house is a TOTAL DISASTER! So, clean-up time is now... I want to have it all cleaned before Jason gets home, so I have some work to do! I shall be back later ladies!! Have a great day!!

OH! And the WW cookbook that deals with leftovers, is amazing. I made some wonton soup last night, AND had egg-rolls for only 6 points! Totally satisfies my chinese craving beast that lives inside of me... lol... Wasabi Turkey Burgers tonight!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #11  
Bride-to-be!

Bliss- I have a Chinese/Thai beast that lives inside of me! I don't know if you ever go to Walmart but they have really light egg-rolls in their deli section. I haven't bought them in a while but I think I got chicken last time (they also have shrimp, pork, and veggie) and they only have 100 calories each. I'm pretty sure the fiber is high enough to bring the points down to 1 each. Definitely look for them! DF really liked them too... he could just come home and throw one in the toaster oven for an after-work snack!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Blissclaire -- I can see why you'd be annoyed with that trainer! Since you filled out such a long questionnaire, you wouldn't think it would take that long to get a routine together for you! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though!

Cake -- Do you watch Private Practice too? I love that as well!

So, I'm freaking out a bit right now because I was just informed that I have to take another class this summer (on top of the 3 I'm already taking). I'm a grad student and thus poor, and I totally didn't count on having to take this extra class...I'm not sure if I have enough money saved! Which means more loans, arg. Plus, the prof. already sent the syllabus and it looks like it's going to be a lot of work...not necessarily hard work, just a lot of it. Grrr.

I can tell I'm really making progress with those whole "lifestyle change" thing though because normally news like this would have sent me straight to the cookie jar. Now, I think I might take the dog for a walk, lol.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - this thread is smaller now and less daunting so I figure I'll join in.

I'm 26, and new to WW. Seems great so far. Just having a little trouble getting to my points. (I never thought that would be possible... but now with finding healthier alternatives to everything I eat... urgh.)
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #14  

Petunia I think that those were the ones that I got! Small world!! lol

foxxyI totally am there with you with the summer classes thing... My professors keep cancelling classes, thus making me take summers, and they are waaay too expensive! (600/ 3 week class!)

Gretchy Welcome!! I'm on week two of WW, and had some problems getting in all my points as well, but you learn to find little snacks that help with that... (or a dessert at the end of the day!) This thread is amazing, I hope you get a lot from it!

As for me, I'm pooped... I thoroughly cleaned my kitchen and living room... Just need to get Jason to sweep/mop tomorrow while I'm at work...

And can someone answer me this... Why in the heck do two people have SO much laundry?!?! I swear, I do about a load or two a day and I still feel behind!! LoL. (it's prolly cause our washer/ dryer is small and is a piece of crap)

And I am officially addicted to the site! I come on here more than I ever did on Myspace/Facebook combined... I dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing... lol

Last edited by blissclaire; 03-12-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I worked out today. ^_^ Yay me.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote