Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Found a Decent Crackery Thing

My bp shot super super low while I was out Shaking hands the whole bit So I popped into the grocery for Pretzels. Mind you they turn me into our blue furry friend from Sesame Street
P is for Pretzels Its good enough for me!
So I found these Armenian Crackers called OK-MOK (at the generic a&P)
5 crackers 115 calories 220 grams of sodium Yay BP! 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of Protein
Thus Far No Crave Monster!
highly surprising!!
oh and .6 sugars
Just thought I'd share
ok back to boring stuff
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

WOW!!! that's quite a find!!! what's in them???? all that protein - DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh those are pretty good. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods carries them as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Ak-Mok's are good, as are Wasa bread.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

mmmmmmmmm sounds Fab!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default I found them!

Hey KO! Thanks for the crackery thing!!!! LOL!! I found them this morning at Trader Joes for $1.38 a box. I was looking for the powdered peanut butter and happen to run across these. They have a nice taste and will go good with hummus. I'm wonder about storing them? I want to keep them crisp. I also picked up a bag of soy white cheddar crisps for the DH, good! I went to a place called Sprouts and picked up some veggie chips and that is what he as been doing instead of potato chips. Has dried squash, sweet pots, taro root, beets, yellow potatoes, green beans, stuff like that. With the way it is processed not sure it is any better than kettle chips, but it is a veggie dang it!! LOL!! I have to keep a variety for him or he will go foraging. DD has now lost 15 lbs low carbing and she will be happy to see these crackers also. I also went to Whole Foods and picked up some sample salads: Wild Pecan Rice with Cranberries, Lemon type Quinoa with tofu, Beef and green bean stir-fry, and a Chicken Bean Cumin type salad (has edamame). Just taste testing. I stopped at Chipotles and got a burrito bol without rice and double chicken for a couple of meals. Good thing I don't live in the big city, because there is too much to pick from. I discovered a new Starbucks tea creation for me: Rooibos Vanilla Tea with SF Vanilla or Carmel flavorings. My son got us Starbuck mugs for an anniversary present because we would walk every morning, in Phoenix, to get something to warm me up and get us moving for the day. I love their chai tea, but the chai alone has about 21 grams of sugar a serving!!!!! So that is a no-go. There were about five Starbucks within a five mile radius of us. Besides I would have to sale my house to afford Starbucks on a regular basis.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

psssst. nan - ask s-bucks for a TEA BAG CHAI. it's the tea only. and then you add some milk and sweetener, and you have almost 0 calories, and all the chai flavor!!! honest!!! and the extra extra extra large is only 2 bucks!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote