Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wed, 3/11

Mornin'!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hi everyone!

Just got back from the gym, and boy was that a workout . I've been doing a ton of cardio, and not so much core work. Well I added it in this week and boy are my abs in pain . I know after a week or so, it'll get better, but those first few workouts, in a new routine are so hard on your body. I'll just have to chug on through the pain and look fore-ward to the end results.

Who's next?
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

LBH

Here's that recipe. She uses the full fat version of everything but I use FF. I love this stuff. It's better the 2nd day because the flavors just all meld together. I also use less dressing than she uses. I don't think it needs as much as uses. I dojn't measure either. I just pour what I think works in.

1 can white corn
1 can black beans
ranch dressing
italian dressing (1/4 cup to every 1 cup of ranch)
chili powder to taste
black pepper to taste

Today is dreary out, looks like rain. So no walking today . DD likes it to rain because we usually play the Wii. Guess I'll be playing Rayman this afternoon.

I am really looking forward to starting a new program next week. A couple of years ago I had jumped all the hoops to have either gastric bypass or the lapband. The only thing I didn't do was the 6 month diet. Life happened, I had 2 ACL repairs, sinus surgery, you name it. So "me" was put on the back burner while LIFE was happening. About a month ago I started thinking about pursuing the lapband again. My doctor agreed but after talking to my insurance, I won't qualify. I was so upset. BUT found out that the surgeon I went to had a weightloss program that doesn't involve pills, or surgery! YEAH! So I made an appointment for March the 17th. I have to meet the Dr., the NP, a nutritionist, exercise physiologist and I think a counsler if available if needed. They will guide me through and help me every step of the way. I am so excited! They sent me some papers to fill out. one question was "How much excerise do you do a week?" and " Can you commit to five days a week?" If no explain... I put because I am lazy. Always before i would have fibbed but this time I am laying all my cards on the table. I am 100% commited to get healthy. Not just to weigh less but so I look and feel better. Yeah! Me.. FINALLY I have reached that commited stage.

So on another note......

Yesterday my beagle decided to chew a piece of lattice off my porch. We had cut a piece of lattice to cover the side of the steps. He pulled the whole thing off! Silly dog... He is a such chewer. If he can get his mouth on it, it's gone!. After I cleaned the mess up he got up in the porch swing with me and swang & enjoyed the nice weather. Dogs, you gotta love em.

Beth
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #4  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

UGH.....I have totally fallen off already. I have put back on the weight I had lost. I am so totally disappointed in myself.
Today I officially joined WW again! I am going to do this. I really need to and want to. I am going through my fridge and pantry today to get rid of the bad foods! I need to be in control!
I hope that you all are doing better than me!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Babynurse- I was at goal and gained everything back as well. It's now just coming off. I have started over many times. I am not a person who is just willing to give up and be the weight I am. Goodluck with starting again.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Pearfreak - WTG on the workout!!

Squeak - Definitely being honest is the best course of action. Last time at the doctor's he said, "do you ever eat junk food?" I looked at him like he had two heads and said "if I said no, would you believe me???" I mean come on. lol Let us know what the program entails!

Babynurse - I have lost and regained too. It sucks. All you can do is keep going, today is a new day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #7  

I've done the lose/gain cycle too but never more than 20 lbs. I've never lost more than that before (note my ticker now!).

I just got back from the rec center too where I got to try out a new cardio machine- it's some sort of Tredclimber? Part elliptical, part stairstepper. Whatever it is, it is a serious butt kicker but I did 60 minutes with some high-intensity intervals.

This is a big deal because I fell off the exercise wagon 3 weeks ago. I haven't GAINED any weight because I've still eaten decent but without exercise, I won't consistently lose weight.

It's probably been good for me to learn this about myself. My body loses weight best when I consistenly exercise, otherwise, it's sort of a crap shoot whether I'll have a loss or not. Interesting. Of course I already know that if I don't do my food well that I'll gain. I DID NOT want to leave Onederland after all it took me to get here!

So, anyway, I am fully back on track. I love how I feel after a good workout and I'm enjoying those endorphins right now!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, I braved the scales after falling off over the weekend....I'm only up 1.5 lbs.....I'll take it. Although everyone that started when I did is way past me....oh well, as long as I get it off. bindersbee, I'm totally with you on the fact that I know I won't consistently lose if I'm not working out. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks.......I'm GOIN BACK next week, if not before then! Feels too good not to go...plus you lose more weight!!

Anyway, this morning I was up more weight, but I hadn't taken my bp meds in a couple days (a diuretic...which I've normally taken when I weigh)....taking it today has taken me down over a lb....I've been peeing all day long!! lol

Anyway, I've been on target today......don't think I went over.....

Glad to know I'm not the only struggling one right now....if I ever fall off the wagon, it's murder gettin' back on, but once i'm there, I'm there......

Okay, I'm offa here.....have a great evening everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am really trying to keep up the exercise and the food program but tough times have hit us pretty hard. My husband was laid off (unpaid leave) last Friday and he is stressed. They might find money to fund his project so it wasn't a total lay off, but there is still no pay check right now. And at my work there have been 8 lay offs. Not me, luckily, but it still is a big fat bummer.

So, I am trying really hard to keep my focus.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote