Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

Default help me please

ok i am really discouraged. i have done this twice before once extremely unhealthily (working out 3 hours a day and eating about 800 cals daily) and another time a little better (walking around a lot and about a thousand cals a day).

anyway, i have been working out every single day (usually a 3 or 4 mile run, some yoga or kickboxing thrown in there) and ive been at around elevenhundred cals every day with some 2000ish days thrown in to shake things up. i lost 4lbs the first week but its been 2 weeks with NO loss. that is wild to me since the weight came off pretty easy those first two times and i feel like i am being penalized for doing it more sanely. ive been drinking 2 liters of water everyday, taking a multivitamin, getting 8 hours of sleep... i am so frustrated. my clothes (im a size ten right now) arent even really fitting better at all and by week 3 they really should be...also i know its not the whole im building muscle thing because then i should be going down in inches but im not. i feel better but not seeing any difference in my clothes isnt going to get me through this process.

i dont know what to do to make the scale move..its not really a plateau bc i never even started losing weight. and its not my calories because ive eaten less calories while working out more and lost a ton of weight. i just cant deal with watching what i eat and working out diligently if i literally have nothing to show for it.

please help me.
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

How much do you weigh? are you eating enough food for all the working out that you're doing?
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #3  

i weigh one76 (sorry my number one key doesnt work haha) and im 5'7, im a size ten though...most people would be like a fourteen at that height and weight im just distributed weirdly i guess.

it should be enough food, i always eat when im hungry i just eat very whole foods like fruit, salads (salsa as dressing), occasionally ill have whole wheat bread or brown rice i try to avoid non-fruit carbs though, yogurt, tuna and salmon (i dont eat other meat anymore), etc. im in college but i stopped drinking in these last 3 weeks because i know that doesnt help things at all. even when i was eating less food/calories i was losing weight the last 2 times ive done this...so i have no idea why its just not working this time. im getting better endurance from working out often but like, thats it. i really just want my clothes to fit better i dont even care what the scale says...and i dont know why what i am doing isnt working. literally, ill do anything.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

if you go to free dieting dot com, you can calculate how many calories you should be eating to lose weight, ect. not sure how old you are, but since you said youre in college i just guessed 20. it says you should be eating 1400 calories a day for extreme weight loss. youre not eating enough.the more you work out, the more you need to eat to fuel your body.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes it takes a while for the changes to show on the scale and elsewhere, so I'd advise patience! AND to watch that you're eating enough especially on big workout days. Your body is a machine, and it needs fuel or it won't run well!

Also, if you're interested in getting smaller, have you thought about weight training? It's a great way to tone, and look and feel great!

Last edited by Heather; 03-09-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but your brief list of foods seems to be well-balanced with one exception - you might want to consider adding some healthy fat. Walnuts/almonds/avocados ... that sort. For me, if I try to go too low-fat, my hair starts to break, fingernails split, and my LDL cholesterol just shoots up out of sight. Not to mention all weight loss stops! But that's just me - and everybody is different. The good news is that you'll know in 3 days if that's your issue - so if it doesn't work, you can go back or try something else.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #7  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

From what I have read you shouldnt go below 1200 calories ever. So with all the working out you are doing as well you just need to eat more. I was having trouble eating enough at first too but alot of meal planning helps alot. I try to plan my meals out ahead of time so I am sure to get enough calories in.

It is scary to think that you have to eat more to lose. It is just hard to wrap your mind around and because you usually are so afraid that eating more will mean you will gain. But you just have to get alot of confidence and motivation and want to be healthy as you lose! You can do it

I go to sparkpeople.com you can put in all your info & how much fitness you are doing and it will tell you exactly how many calories & other nutrition info that you need each day. Does all the math for you
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #8  

ok ill try eating 200 more calories a day, hopefully that should help. i eat almonds occasionally but i usually eat too many so i dont keep them around as often as i should...thanks girls
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Hey goodday--

I admire you for your exercise and eating plan commitments! It can be pretty dang hard at times!

If you prefer doing that amount of exercise, go for it. Just make sure to take care of yourself and not overdo your joints so you end up with injuries.

And take in at least 1,200 calories per day!

(*Say, add a dessert to your eating plan. That'll take care of the remaining 200 calories you need!)

Good Luck!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

Maybe you need to eat more. Your goal may take longer to achieve, but you will be able to keep it off. While I am frustrated that it has taken me such a long time to lose the poundage I have, this is the first time I have not put it all back on.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Weight training/body weight exercise.
More food.

I lost 18lbs in 8 weeks eating about 1400 calories and strength training 2-3x a week for 45 minutes and doing about 3 hours of cardio a week.

See my ticker. I started out at 176# like you.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote