Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 9 - 15 March

Hi lovelies!

How are we all going. Me, I'm feeling good today - I didn't manage a sleep in, went to the gym and made it home again before 7:30am. I had a very quiet day today - did a lot of reading and pretty much stayed off line which probably did me the world of good. I couldn't avoid the work dramas though - a member of my team texted me 4 times through the day to complain about another person in my team. Just what I wanted!

So, official weigh in today, and I'm down 3 lbs. Not sure how, but I lost them in the last day or so - all of a sudden my weight just took a tumble. So that brings me to a total of 25 lost from my all time high, and 15 lost since Christmas. I'm certainly not complaining about that!

Back to work tomorrow. I can't say I'm enthused about that, but at least it's a 4 day week. Roll on Easter!

So, the menu today was:

B - porridge with apricots

S - blueberries and yoghurt

L - lamb salad rolll

S - pita crisps and tzatziki

D - leftovers from last night.

Enjoy your Monday, ladies!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hello Friends and Happy Monday,

Schmoodle - What wonderful news on you friends surgery!
Nicolen - Congratulations on your 3 lbs loss!
MJ - Love the hair and love seeing my friend! You are quite the cutey and look much like I imagined.

Well, I'm back on plan starting today even though I still don't feel 100%. I'm fighting the nasal congestion and I have a constant neck ache. I'm still on the allergy medications and trying to trust my doctor. But, in the back of my mind I keep thinking "sinus infection." The pollen count today is only a medium, but the forecast is for high counts on Wednesday and Thursday...and, we're not even in our highest blooming season! Anyways...despite still feeling crudey, I can't keep putting off my weight loss and health goals. I've been on a month long sugar binge and my body is not happy. Although the scales aren't showing a tremendous gain yet, my clothes are much tighter and I can see the weight gain in the mirror.

Today - my goals are to track my calories on TDP and to do 30 mins on the treadmill.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I took today off, just to have an 'extra' day....I haven't had a real vacation in way, way too long, but dh can't get anytime off yet, so I am taking a couple of long weekends this month to get me through (mentally) until we can take a week off.

nicolen--CONGRATS!!! 3lbs is awesome!

Rhonda--Ahh, thanks! So sorry you are still feeling icky. Good for you for getting back on track!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

I did ok over the weekend, not great, but not as well as I would have liked. So, back on track for me today too!

Have a great OP day...I'm sure I'll be around later...it's a dreary day here and I really don't have any big plans....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #4  
mj5

Alrighty....just found some new motivation to make sure I keep lifting weights! LOL!!! We are going to a wedding in May. I just ordered a dress that is sleeveless....I have a jacket that will look fabulous w/ the dress AND I am actually getting the dress "free"....I had a $10 coupon for Old Navy and the dress is 9.99! I already have shoes and accessories that will match. Sooooo......first I hope it fits! And, now I need to really keep it up...I have been saying for the past two summers that I want to be 'brave' enough to wear something sleeveless, so here's my chance!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday chickies! It is sunny, warmer and breezy here, definitely a spring-like day. I hope it is as nice where you are. I've had a good week of South Beach Phase I, and decided to go for another week. If I don't make the whole week that's okay because I feel like the cravings are back under control. Then I'll add back some oatmeal and berries, yum.

I had a really nice weekend. The weather was great and I got a lot done on Saturday, then quite a bit of relaxing on Sunday. The week started out well, with my Monday morning telecon canceled and my business trip to Charleston canceled as well. I've got a busy week planned nevertheless, as my niece and nephew are coming for the weekend and I want to be able to plan fun stuff while they are here and be free from chores.

mj your avatar picture is so cute and I LOVE the hairstyle! You will look great in that dress.
Seems like allergy season is coming early this year Rhonda. I've been having issues the last week too, I feel like I'm drowning. I hope the medication starts working for you soon.
nicole, I'm glad you had a nice relaxing day today. 3 lbs is awesome! My weight loss is like that now too, nothing for a while, then poof, a few pounds gone. I haven't had a poof in a while though, it is almost TOM so I'm hoping for after...

Here's my day:
B: scrambled eggs with brussels sprouts and mozz cheese, coffee with milk
(this was gross. I thought I could hide the sprouts with the eggs and cheese, but I think I need to accept the fact that I don't like them and not buy them anymore.)
S: edamame, mozzarella cheese stick, V8
L: pork tenderloin over salad, mashed cauliflower
S: bean brownie, skim latte
D: white bean and turkey sausage soup, more veg
S: NSA skim hot chocolate
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I'm new - this is day 3 for me, and everyone's menu just sounds so delicious. Is there a recipe thread?

For me, since I am starting out, I wanted to make sure I had a no fail meal. I work weird hours so I just made myself a batch of stir fry with chicken and about a cup of rice to last 3 servings and packing a cup of brussel sprouts (sorry schmoodle, they are my faves!). It's not real exciting, but a ton of veggies, some lean meat and hopefully filling to keep me from sneaking off to the vending machine at work. I am hoping to get a little more creative as I progress and figure out what I like or healthier alternatives to the things I normally eat.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #7  

Hi sushi and welcome! From now on you can have my share!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi guys,

This is going to be a bit of a rushed post tonight as I've got to write an application letter for a new job at work. It's not likely that I'd get the job because the person currently doing the job is on secondment, but it's more about showing that I'm interested. And maybe finishing off the secondment. Anyway, I told my boss I'd write something tonight and show it to him in the morning as applications need to be in tomorrow.

I got my first compliment today! I ran into my old boss and she looked me up and down and said she noticed I was losng weight. I've been waiting for someone to notice, and someone finally has!

Apart from that, it was a quiet day. Had a good workout, had the regular one on one with the boss where I mentioned the texts and emails I got yesterday. I wanted it to be off the record, but seriously when I've taken a day off, I don't want to be dragged into all the dramas that are happening. He's aware of the issue and is going to move one of the people involved once a staff member finishes up at the end of the month.

Rhonda, you're still not well. That's certainly a nasty bug that you've had. Sending lots of get well thoughts your way!

MJ, yay for days off. And dresses to aim for. My friend is getting married in November and I've got a target outfit that I want to wear. It's a size 16, so here's hoping...

Schmoodle, sounds like your week has become almost manageable now. Yay for spring like weather!

Sushi, welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! I'll split Schmoodle's share of the sushi with you, OK?

The menu today was:

B - porridge and dried apricots

S - yoghurt

S - 2 plums

L - lamb salad roll

D - chicken curry, rice, steamed broccoli.

Have fun everyone - I'd better go and work on this application letter.

Last edited by nicolen; 03-10-2009 at 01:32 AM.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! Just popping in quick, I have a lot to take care of today (so it's basically a normal day, LOL!)

Plan for tonight is legs/back and cardio at the gym. Still trying to drink LOTS of water! Almost time to fill up my bottle again....
Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #10  

Today's starting out hectic! I had an early telecon (which I am still on but my part is over), during which my DD1 called on the other line. She had to travel to a training class an hour away and got herself lost, so I was google-mapping directions for her and calming her down at the same time, as I was teleconing and taking DD2 to school. How's that for multi-tasking? Haven't had time for breakfast yet, but I wanted to pop in here and get my menu down. If the rest of the day follows the way it started, I will need a plan!
Oh, and I think I have or had a skunk in the crawlspace under the back of the house. The bathroom back there really stinks! I closed the door and will stay out and leave that for DH to deal with.

So,
B: oatmeal with blueberries, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: sugar snap peas with hummus
L: White bean and spinach soup, NSA fudgesicle
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: Deep Dish Spaghetti Squash Italian Pie
S: NSA pudding cup

Have a great day chicks!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #11  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Today I had a cup of yogurt and a banana, grilled talapia, a cup of pasta and 2 cups of stir fry veggies. For dinner I am having a huge "chef" salad (minus the cheese, eggs and ham), with oil and vinegar dressing and baked tomato and basil tortilla chips (made them myself), taking some carrot and celery to snack on (and I really am looking forward to the celery!). When I come home, tonight (I work weird hours) I am giving myself permission to eat a cup of yogurt and some strawberries.

Also, I don't know if anyone has seen these, but last night when I went shopping for some healthy snack options (I was starving at work), I found probiotic pudding cups. Sort of like a pudding cup with all the good bacteria that yogurt has. I'm having one as a snack at work tonight, I'll let you know how I like it and if it stacks up in nutrition.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Okay everyone. I haven't been around, I was on a mini vaca stuffing my face for me and bf's 14 year anniv.

I'm afraid to weight myself. plus I"m constipated from taking too much NSAID's.

damn it.

but i"m back on track as of yesterday. Lane Bryant is having a right fit sale. 30.00!!!! so I bought a pair of blue 3's (I'm currently a blue 4) this way it won't cost me 50$ to get new jeans cuz I'm sure I'll need them in a couple of months.

I <3 right fit.

anyhow, I'm back on track and it feels good. all that celebrating made me feel pretty gross.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies,
Well the skunk problem seems to have resolved. I think he must have been under the house, and gotten himself out. I was just worried he'd get into the basement from the crawlspace, but no sign of him down there. I don't even know what's on my agenda today, but at least I've got a menu.
so here's my day:
B: oatmeal with blueberries, 1 piece turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
(I woke up hungry!)
S: sugar snap peas with hummus
L: leftover spaghetti squash pie, NSA fudgesicle
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: meatloaf, sauteed cabbage
S: NSA pudding cup

lottie,
those LBs are really nice jeans, just about all I've worn for years now. When they went to right fit, I discovered I was a red, which was the same cut as their old line, so I bought a bunch that were on clearance. I'm wearing them now, and I need some more so I just bought a few pairs on eBay. I didn't want to spend much because I hope I won't be in them too long! After that I'll have to find new favorite jeans. I guess that's a nice problem to have.
sushi, how do you make your tortilla chips? They sound yummy!
Where's our Beverlyjoy, numina, nicolen, cfmama, redflame, Lyn, Rhonda??
Hope all are well!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #14  
mj5

Hi everyone! Another quickie post from me....I'll get caught up as soon as I can. They are starting to move my office today (instead of next monday!), so now I literally cannot find ANYTHING I need.....

My knee is horrible. I have an appt w/ the lawyer for the stupid workers comp stuff tomorrow...hopefully he can get things moving. I HATE that it sometimes take a lawyer to get things moving....

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI chickies!! I've been in a real funk since DH lost his job. It's been a downward spiral of anxiety, fear and food. I've had a couple of anxiety attacks where I just couldn't 'catch my breath' and ended up breathing in a paper bag.

Today I got up and decided to try again and realize that I just have to take it a step at a time.

Here's my plan:

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, ketchup, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey and lite mayo, lite green bean salad, 1/2 banana, pnb spoon
snack - cheese toast, applesauce
dinner - tomato soup, cheese toast, steamed carrots
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

MJ - LOVE your hair.

Thanks for missing me, friends.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote