Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #61  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

That's is odd - I remember being able to buy any denomination, but that was a few years ago. Only 3 lbs to go, though, WOW!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #62  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning friends!

Hope you all have a great Friday! I am so excited for some rest this weekend!

DF' company party is tomorrow, I'm determined to do well. I'm so sick of wasting time!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 3"

Yah, they said every time I need to buy more weeks I have to buy 4 or more... I can't just buy one at a time. I guess that is how they make their money!!
mwasdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Mandy, If they aren't charging too much, maybe buying 4 weeks would be good for you, then you could start stabilization with the support of the center, unless you already bought the stabilization.

I got this in an e-mail from Jillian Michaels, and I liked it. For those of us who struggle to figure out what our ideal weight should be.

Friday March 06

Welcome to Losing It with Jillian Michaels, the program designed to help you shed pounds, increase energy, and finally get fit for life!

FRIDAY: IT'S YOUR BODY, BABY

Tune in to Your Body
Your body is trying to tell you something, but you're just not listening! To win at the weight-loss game, you've got to make some changes. One of the most important ones is to stop listening to anything but your body to establish a realistic weight for your specific build. Forget about what you see and hear from pop-culture sources.
Another thing not to rely on is the body mass index (BMI), which determines the amount of fat you have on your body according to your weight and height. Here's why you're not going to use it: It fails to distinguish between fat and muscle, so the BMI will ultimately give you an incomplete sense of the shape you're in.

Today, the medical industry has set its weight guidelines according to the waist-to-hip-ratio method, which is a much more accurate way of arriving at an ideal goal weight. Follow these steps to find yours:

Get a tape measure and measure your waist right at the belly-button line.
Standing with feet hip-width apart, measure your hips at their widest point.
Now simply divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement. This is your waist-to-hip ratio.
The ideal waist-to-hip ratios are 0.80 for women and 0.95 for men.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #65  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Morning friends!

DF' company party is tomorrow, I'm determined to do well. I'm so sick of wasting time!
You'll do great! I have faith in you! No more wasting time! October is coming fast!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #66  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

You guys keep the board to busy for me to keep up! Hope your day is POPping! Off to prep some snacks for the kiddoes. Later!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #67  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Morning friends!

great outlook about the party tomorrow! you can totally do this amy! you know you want it bad enough! can't wait to hear about your victory!

Last edited by JLem311; 03-06-2009 at 03:18 PM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Hi, I am doing horrible. It has taken me all week of being here hitting the post reply button to actually post. I have not had an on program day in weeks. I have lost it. Every day I wake up and tell myself I need to eat healthy to be healthy but somwhere along the line I decide to be unhealthy. I have gained most of it back and have given up I guess. It is great to see you all doing well and staying mostly on plan, it motivates me, then a few hours pass and I am at the drive thru ordering more food than one person really ever needs. I am going to keep trying to just stay on plan one day at a time. DBF and I are having a fitness challenge with each other while he goes to school in april. No junk in the house and we are going to be active everyday together. April can't come soon enough.
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I don’t know if I’ve posted anything ALL WEEK… so let me go ahead and write a book! Just kidding, I’ve been keeping up with you guys, just haven’t been very chatty lately… no progress made, no backslides… Just the same. I am worrying a bit about vacation next week, but I don’t think I’m as worried as my sister who feels like she’s got to cook something that everyone can eat INCLUDING me! I’ve tried explaining to her that I tend to eat a piece of meat and a salad at dinner time and not to worry about me, I will work around what she’s making – she’s a very healthy cook, so I might just be able to eat what she’s making. But she’s a Virgo and hates not being in total control, which I get – remember, I’m married to one. Anyway – wish me luck on my very first vacation adventure while on LAWL!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #70  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Erin your post hit me like a rock! HA! Ok. I just want you to know that we all feel like that from time to time. I haven't had a good day with eating since before I went on vacation, but I know I can do it. And I know you can do it. Start slow. Start with getting all your water in. Then eat at least one healthy meal a day each day add another healthy meal until all day is healthy again. I know you can do this. Obviously you can, you did it before and you did a great job! The thing is weightloss is an ongoing battle sometimes we are all geared up for the fight and sometimes we need a break. It really makes me sad to hear you being so down on your self. You are a strong Woman and I know you can do this! Let me know if you need anything! Keep a smile on your face! ; )
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Hope everybody had an amazing Saturday!! It was gorgeous here, 77 degrees and sunny! We got the Harley out of the garage, dusted it off and took a ride to the mountains, gotta love living this close to the Smokey Mountains! We parked and hiked to a beautiful little waterfall. I found out really quick how out of shape I am, sheesh! We hiked 2 1/2 miles and I'm worn out but feel good for doing it! Diet wise things are going great. I'm following plan to a T all week with the exception of Friday night, I'm allowing myself that one meal a week to eat whatever I want and guess what? Last night my meal I chose was grilled fish and steamed broccoli! LOL Seems like my brain still remembers some of the rules of LAWL!!
Have a great weekend everybody, we can do this....One pound at a time!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote