South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Weekend Beaching

Good morning,

Can't believe I am the first one on. Couldn't sleep had a headache so got up. Yesterday's weather was great it actually got up to 82 degrees but kinda of muggy. Not sure what the temperature is supposed to be today.

Have to take DD1 to soccer this morning, and then need to run errands. We were going to have some friends come this weekend but they were unable to make it, so that gives me more free time.

Not much else going.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I thought I might be first again this morning but you beat me to it Rose!! Sorry your head is hurting - hope that clears up soon. I had to get DD up to help out at the Lion's Club breakfast this morning. I'll grocery shop while she's there, then the kids start up their spring riding lessons. After that the day is mine, and I will either corral some of the clutter around here, or blow it all off and go enjoy the beautiful weather! Tough choice. Can you guess which way I'm leaning?
I've got 4 clean days on Ph1 and was able to face down a platter of GS cookies last night at my mom's without a twitch. Yay, schmoodle is back!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Pearl - hope you feel better soon.

Scmoodle - WOW!! Great job!! Not sure I could've resisted anymore myself!

Me - It was too warm in here to wear a sweatshirt this morning! Hopefully, the bitter cold of winter is gone.

I work today, with a fairly full schedule, then ???. I would suspect go with the DH to pick out fans and lights for the new house?!?!? We close in 4 days! Scary and exciting!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh - and I finally tried the cinnamon omelette...they ARE good!! I almost crave them at times. I told Matt about them (remember Matt?), he thought they were a bit odd sounding, but he might try them too. He's a skinny work out boy now!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pearl, Schmoo and Twin are the new EarlyChicks! Thanks for starting us up.

I am finally starting to sleep longer than 5:30. Of course the time change tonight will screw me up a bit and I'll be even later. Never mind! The clock in the car will be right.

It'll be a simple Saturday around here today after a hectic week. It's still nice and mild so more snow should go. I am waiting anxiously for my first snowdrops to poke up. There's still snow on their bed but I know they're under there.

Enjoy your day, whatever you choose to do.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everybody. It seems everyone is up early and rarin' to go already!

I don't have any plans for today or tomorrow except for getting groceries and visiting my parents. Today's supposed to be sunny and warming up to 68*, so I hope to sit outside on the patio for a bit this afternoon and just soak up the sunshine and plan my flower gardens. It won't be too much longer before I can play in the dirt again!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early birds

Pearl - Sorry you woke up with a headache. I sure hope it passes quickly and you can enjoy your free time and nice weather.

Schmoodle - Way to go! I recommend saving chores for a rainy day. That's my plan Those first springy days are too special to stay indoors.

Twynn - I've never tried that cinnamon omelet but I think I might have to!

Ruth - It's nice of the dog alarm to let you sleep in a little

I'm going to keep chores to a minimum today. I am going to run into town for the Winter Farmers Market and to pick up a few things, but will bird my way down We thought about going to the coast but agreed that resting my neck another week or two would be smarter. I know that once migration really starts I won't want to worry about that disk so taking it easy now is smart. I'm tempted to fire up the grill tonight. Hmm, think I'll see what looks good at the Co-op.

Have a good day Chicks

ETA - Cottage enjoy the sunshine I'm going to start a few plants this afternoon - plum tomatoes, some greens for the cold frame, maybe some herbs. That gives me a couple of weeks to figure out how to protect the sprouts from cats

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-07-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a great relaxed day!
Twynn- I will be with ya working today... I am not just loving my longer days.... we've went from 8-5 to 9-7, thus I lose my whole day on the days I work... usually getting home around 8. blah. but, the three days off are nice so I will try to compromise! Looks like a busy day for me today as well...

My first seeds have sprouted! two of the currant tomato plants that makes me so excited! I haven't ever planted from seeds before just planted from baby plants I bought at the hardware store- its going to be much more cool this year growing everything from seed!

well, I better go prepare my lunch! I haven't had time to post bout yesterday but I was good Cyndi!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey, chicks! Flying by again! I'm up and at 'em and ready to finish getting the house ready for the "inspection". I found out that they're planning on going out sightseeing tomorrow and DH and I are going to opt out (they're going to places we both have to go to on a regular basis for inspections at work), so I'll have some peace and quiet this weekend after all! Well...time to get the vacuum going!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi to all of you.
I introduced myself in Bios on Thursday. Is this thread for all to join or just phase 2?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

Goooooood mornin CHIIICKIES....(ty pennington impersonation) lol

sounds like everyones gonna have a good day... its raining here.. blah... i wanted to get out and walk, hopefully it stops raining later in the day... chloe and brady both have spring colds... ugh, we all know how they are... i got up early and then my oldest daughter got up so i got to go back to bed for a bit.. was very nice, i need it once in a while. i havent seen any flowers poking through here yet. we had some last year, that we didnt even plant. they just popped up and they were lovely. cant wait till the grass is green again. on my walk last night i noticed everyones lawn... its yucky and yellow, not very attractive lol... come on sunshine!
ruth--i seen pics of you and your dawgs... very nice, and the dawgs are sweet! what kind are they? disney's my fav, just looks like he/she has quite the little personality lol
twynne--im so excited for you lol
kim--enjoy your peace and quiet
rikki--ive never planted actual food. might be something to consider eh?lol
cyndi--barbequeing sounds like a great idea! thanks!lol
cottage--we arent quite up to 68 here yet, so no sitting out for me lol cant wait tho... maybe by april lololol
schmoodle--heck take a day and enjoy yourself.. you need it
pearl--get better soon.

jenny515 this is a great site and this is a great bunch. you will get what you need here.

well im off to get this day started.. have a great day on the beach gals

stacy xxx
Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Good day (no longer morning),

Remodeling a bathroom with DH today (he's doing most of the work).

Had to share this... I made Rikki's black bean soup (crockpot recipes for Phase 1) and it was fabulous. It was great!!! I added a bit more garlic than the recipe called for (personal preference) and DH topped his with feta cheese. A 1.5 cup serving came to only 467 calories, it was easy to make, and so inexpensive.

Thanks for sharing that, Rikki!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny515 View Post
Hi to all of you.
I introduced myself in Bios on Thursday. Is this thread for all to join or just phase 2?
Jenny! Our daily chat thread is open for everyone to join in, and we're happy to have you here!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Friends!

Some of you were up WAY too early! I'm glad most are getting a taste of spring. It's supposed to be upper 70s here today. Woohoo!!! I'm on my way out to sit in the sunshine.

I started the day with a kick-butt Jazzercise class. Had an early lunch, because I was starving. I might find a place in the sun to nap. DH's parents are coming for dinner -- Fish Tacos. YUM!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Hi, Jenny515! Jump right in with us.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all! Er afternoon! I slept in something awful, but so did DW. I think, since it's 70 today, we're going to go outside and wash the car. We need to clean inside so badly, but heck I am leaving for NY Monday for my sister's wedding so who cares if she lives in filth!

Have a good weekend all.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 199/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for the welcome.
Closed Thread