Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 05:59 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Oops, I posted practically on top of yours, Wabbit! To answer your question, I spent most of the weekend on just that one DVD -- it had so much extra stuff on it, including the director commenting on the whole film, so I actually watched it twice. By the time I was done watching everything, I'd about had enough! We also watched Panic Room Friday night. Pretty good suspense (bloody, though!)

And Happy Birthday, Brattie! I actually read right through "yesterday was my B day" thinking it had something to do with WW

Kiwi
Old 09-23-2002, 07:53 PM   #17  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

todays lazya cows become tomorrows meatloaf!!!!Be careful whom you follow,for many a cow has followed the herd into the butchers's truck....these are a few cowisms i just ran into----things are hectic around here----my sis is having a hard time with the kiddies---they are still all mixed up and sad and acting out---anyone who prays,send some our way----xoxoxo cow cow
Old 09-24-2002, 03:15 PM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Bagz

Poor babies, I really feel for them and their mom. Losing a parent is horrible enough for an adult, for a kid it is so bewildering I just can't imagine. We have lost 3 brothers-in-law in the past 10 years or so, all with kids. All I can say is thank goodness for extended families; they make all the difference.

Gotta go drive DD to her guitar lesson. It's a gorgeous day for a change. Maybe I'll spend some time outside first. Why, I could pick up dog poop, that would be fun!!

Kiwi
Old 09-24-2002, 06:58 PM   #19  

Bagzie, although I'm a unchurched heathen, I'll send some prayers up for your sis and her kiddos. It must be a nightmare for your sister, having to be strong for her kids, when she has grieving of her own to do. She's lucky she has you for a sis.

Kiwi, you are the most dedicated dog mom. DH just runs over the doggie doo area w/ the riding lawn mower and it vacuums that stuff up.

I bought an old Mary Chapin Carpenter cd on half.com. I'm groovin' w/ Passionate Kisses Do you remember that tune?

It's just another perfect, sunny day here in my pacific wonderland, right Brattie?

Last edited by Wabby; 09-24-2002 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:07 AM   #20  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh Wabby wasn't it a beautiful day today? I love days like this and for the NW it is amazing! I did some bad emotional eatting today. I was bummed when I found out what it takes to get a in home day care license. I won't be able to do that.
Baggz you and your family are in my prayers tonight and as long as you want them. I never did tell you how sorry I am for all you have been through. I hope that your sister can find some happiness soon. No matter what it takes Ihope she and the kiddies find it.
Have to go but wanted to say hi!
Brattie
Old 09-25-2002, 02:29 AM   #21  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi! I'm still here!

Bagzie, I feel so bad for the little ones. When I was growing up, I never knew anyone who had just lost a parent because they would transfer families elsewhere. It was strange for us, and I'm sure it was strange for them, because not only did they not have their parent, they also lost their friends. I'm glad the little ones have their extended family. It won't fill the hole, but I hope it will eventually help them heal. And I'm glad your sister has you.

Hi to everyone else. I just don't have much to say right now. Just tired. Been trying to squeeze in some reading. I just finished "Thief of Time" by Terry Pratchett. Not one of his better ones, but fans of the Douglas Adams/ Neil Gaiman school of fantasy would like it. Now I'm rereading "To Kill a Mockingbird."

DH and I celebrated our anniversary weekend this weekend. Eight years! Wow! It sure doesn't feel like it.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:42 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I remember

Passionate Kisses. At least the chorus.

Who's going to start a Member Journal? Seeing as how I just started a Diaryland journal, I don't know if I can be bothered. Not that I would write word one about exercise or weight loss (or gain) in Diaryland. Anybody could be reading that Maybe I could start a really maudlin How Fat I Am journal here. Might be fun. Could it possibly be motivating?

I got the most hilarious spam in my hotmail today. It was entitled
Our Brides Treat Their Husbands Like Kings
, so of course I had to read it. Here's the copy:

Explore the world of beautiful Russian woman

Browse FREE PICTURES submitted by Lovely young Russian women seeking love and a better life.

Everything you've dreamed of
Unspoiled, Available, Eager
Think of the world through the eyes of beautiful young Russian women with few prospects in their homeland. They're eager to meet and marry the regular, hardworking guys they've seen on TV and in the movies. And they're just as eager to be loving, devoted companions, free of the attitudes and neuroses of typical American girls.

Post a FREE ad -- then see the girls who write to you.

Are You a U.S. Man
Interested in meeting
a Russian Woman?

Click the picture to see more->

Isn't that a riot? There was a picture of some blonde girls posing like Charlie Angels.

Bye
Kiwi
Old 09-26-2002, 04:40 AM   #23  
fatter than U

Talking That's what scares me...

...about starting an on line journal, Kiwi - the fact that someone might actually read it!

Actually,quite a few Russian girls come over here and snag themselves short, balding German husbands. Hilarious that they would send you that spam.

Happy Belated Birthday Brattie and Happy 8th Anniversary, Cherry!! I know it's your birthday soon, Cherry, but I always forget when it is.

I know you don't really want to know about the ongoing saga of my stupid back molar but I'll tell you anyway. Turns out I don't need a root canal after all but it's STILL going to cost me 380 smackeroos to get it fixed. Dang. Good thing someone in the family has a job

Tomorrow is the last day before a two week school break. Yay! As much as I like having both babies in school, I hate getting up at 6:15 every morning.

Bagzie, darling! You and yours are in my thoughts every day. I guess it would be surprising if the children *didn't* act out but it must be so stressful for your sister. Wabby is right, thank goodness she has you for support.

Off to clear off my horizontal surfaces right now. Started reading the FlyLady e mails again (Wabby! Did you see she's coming to Portland and Vancouver!?) and I hate to admit it, but they work.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:03 AM   #24  
Miss. Brat

Morning all! Am I the only one here that watched BB3? Lisa won waaaahoooooo. It is a dumb show but I like it I also like the Anna Nicole show that is really funny.
How do I get the Fly Lady e mails? Wabby are you going to go see her? Vancouver is about 45 minutes for me tell me more about her.
Cherry Happy Late Anniversary! Happy Early Birthday if I forget.
I want to say thanks to all of you for the Birthday wishes I love attention!
Kiwok did you reply to the e mail? What would happen if a lesbian wanted a Russian wife? I am in a weird mood today huh?
I need to go to the library and get a book I think.
Whoever was reading Hearts in Atlantis it starts out kinda slow and took me 3 tries to finish it. It is a great book and I didn't want to put it down, I read during work breaks even.
OK I have a zillion things to do so have a great day all!
Brattie
Old 09-26-2002, 12:28 PM   #25  

I'm going to keep an eye on DH. He's a short balding italian.

Sugar, I need to go to the dentist, but I know as soon as I do, it's going to involve pain and money. I haven't heard that the flynag is coming to Portland. I stopped the daily emails when I went on vacation, and I enjoyed not being nagged so much I never started her up again. Of course my house is now a sty, but I feel so much calmer.

I started an online journal at one point, but my life was so boring it got embarrassing so I stopped.

Brattie, flylady is a free nagging system to get us off our keysters and make us clean house. Kind of voluntary brainwashing. Go to www.flylady.net but be prepared for a zillion emails a day telling you to do stuff like shine your sink. What is BB3? Am I missing something?

Last edited by Wabby; 09-26-2002 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:37 PM   #26  
Member w/ messiest house

No time, but wanted to say I watched Big Brother 3 and hated Danielle (nobody "deserves" the money, girl, not even your sacred family), thought Lisa was adorable, hope she and what'shisname live happily ever after.

bye
Kiwi
Old 09-26-2002, 06:59 PM   #27  
Miss. Brat

OK Wabby I am on the FlyLady list now! As if I don't receice enough junk mail a day. Big Brither 3 had 12 house guest that get voted off each week. They have cameras on them 24/7. Danielle was a good player in the house but she was nasty in the Diary room. She lied to all the house guest but Jason and made evil and cruel remarks about all of them but Jason. Last night was the final show and the former houseguest got to vote the winner. It was a 9 to 1 victory for Lisa. Danielle kepy saying she needed the money for her family. Well duh who doesn't need money for their family? It irks me that she still get 50 K and the $750 a week for being in the game. Lisa was sweet, beautiful, considerate, compassionet, etc. I am glad she won. OK I am really a geek now huh? It was just nice to see someone sweet win. Good guys don't always finish last!
Daphne
Closed Thread