Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 08:41 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry Hello, New Here....

Hello Everyone

I had originally posted a new thread, but Sara suggested I drop by this folder. So, here I am

I am new here and I see I have found a very nice caring place to come and share my weight loss woes. I have lost 18 lbs. so far through upping my exercise. I do at least 5 days a week. I alternate between walking on the treadmill and an aerobics tape. Anyone ever tried "Walk Away the Pounds" with Leslie Sansone?? I really enjoy this tape. I got the set. You can do a 1 mile, 2 mile or 3 mile walk. Basically, it is a 15 minute mile that you are doing. I alternate between the 2 and 3 mile walk. I do alot of outdoor walking and gardening as well.

As I stated in the other thread I started up, I am doing good with my exercise, I just need to work on my eating. I eat pretty healthy but I need to scale back on how much I am eating. ::sigh:: I would love to get to a place where my every waking hour is not consumed with my weight, etc. Is that even possible, LOL!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know others and hearing their stories. It is always comforting to know that we are not alone in our struggles!

Have a great day everyone!

Smiles,

Michelle
Old 09-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Welcome!

It's good to see your post. I am also doing the Leslie Sansone tapes and I love them. Right now I'm still doing the 1 mile and will begin the 2 mile on the weekend. I have little time to exercise so doing the 1 mile each morning gets me going. I too struggle with eating too much especially during PMS week.

After a while all this becomes lifestyle and you don't obsess so much about it. I've kept 40 lbs. off for 3 years now and have another 30 to go.

Glad to have you here!
Old 09-26-2002, 11:00 AM   #3  

Talking Hi again!

Wohoo! Glad to see you back and in the support section! So many times, people only post once or twice and I think... "If they only KNEW what kind of motivation/support system they were passing up!" I feel that the 3FC site has made the difference in my weight loss this time!

To answer your question, I only joined 3FC at the beginning of June, after already losing 20 pounds or so but it's amazing how fast it's become such a big part of my life! If you check out our thread, "300+ And Ready to Try Again," you can read about my diet/exercise plan. If you feel like posting there, just hit "Send Reply" at the top or bottom of the page and it's easy from there; you'd be SO welcome there!

Sounds like you're doing an AMAZING job with your exercise! Getting your eating in line can just be a matter of making a few small changes. For instance, you could start with cutting out all drinks (or as many as possible) other than water. The amount of calories consumed even from drinking fruit juice is HORRIBLE! To get your fruit servings in, eat fruit... don't drink it! I keep water bottles in my fridge and I usually add a teaspoon of lemon to them to give them a bit of flavour. I drink at least 6-500 ml bottles a day. Sometimes when the urge to snack hits me, I drink a bottle of lemon water and I find that satisfies me!

Hope to see you soon!
Sara
Old 09-26-2002, 01:10 PM   #4  

Wink Hi Wilma:)

Hey Wilma

Thanks for your reply! That is so cool that you, too, are doing the Leslie Sansone tape How long have you been using this tape? That is good that you are getting the 1 mile in. I love how QUICK it goes. So, it makes it very convenient for those without a lot of time. Do you work?? I am fortunate that I don't work away from the home. Inside the home, but not for pay, LOL I do mine in the morning as well. I know that I have to make that my first priority. If I get showered, dressed and start doing other things, I will never get around to the exercise. By the end of the day, I am too tired. Doing it first thing in the morning really energizes me.

Way to go on your success so far That is awesome! Oh gosh, I will LOVE hitting the 40lb. mark!!! I know it will happen, just will take some time.

By the way, do you do the weights with the tapes, or do you just do the tape? I haven't included the weights. I prefer to do the weights alone as that way, I get a better workout. Easier for me to focus on the weights by themselves.

Have a great day, Wilma, and thanks for taking the time to respond

Michelle (I think I might get carried away with these emoticons!!!)
Old 09-26-2002, 01:21 PM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I've only been doing the tapes for a week. I work out of the house so I do them as soon as I get up in the morning along with some strength training exercises. I don't use the weights with the video because I think it would be too much upper body work. I agree with you about your reason for doing them first thing in the morning. My day gets away from me if I don't do them first thing and you're right I am feeling like I have more energy during the day. Now, if only I could curb that appetite!!! I get one day off during the work week and I plan to try the 2 mile tape on my days off because I'll have more time to do them. I don't have the 3 mile one yet. Do you like it? Is it basically like the others only longer?

Do you have kids still at home? My youngest just left home to go to college so I'm experiencing empty nest. DH works quite a bit so I do have a bit of time to myself now.

Take care!
Old 09-26-2002, 01:23 PM   #6  

Angry Hi again, Sara ;)

Hey again, Sara

Good to hear from you I think I still didn't end up where I wanted to, LOL!! I think it is because I posted a new thread instead of replying.

You are so right about the water and also how drinking can add up in terms of calories. I am not a big soda drinker, or a big juice drinker as I don't like how sweet those drinks are. However, I am a HUGE water drinker. My husband teases me all the time and says that I should buy stock in Poland Springs Water! Nothing satisifies my thirst like water. But, I do like decaf iced tea, unsweetened. I have an iced tea maker and it is great. I have fresh brewed on hand quite often.

My biggest problem is portion size. Even though I usually eat fairly healthy--as far as the actual meal goes--you really can have too much of a good thing, lol! I am trying to work on that. If I am really super busy, it is easier for me. I don't even think about eating. I have identified that boredom is a huge trigger for me! My worst time for eating is after 3. I know in part this is because I do not eat breakfast. I am trying to incorporate that. I have been eating oatmeal the past couple of weeks, when I can remember to do it. Hopefully, this will help to keep me from getting famished by dinner time.

I am glad that you are finding this group to be so helpful with your weight loss, Sara. I know it helps to have support!! I am going to go to the thread you mentioned, now, and look for your diet plan. Hopefully, I get it right this time around!

Talk to you later and have a great day

Michelle
Old 09-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #7  

Wink Hi Wilma

Hey Wilma

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! I have been jumping around these boards, lol

That is cool that you get to work out of your home. What do you do for work, if you don't mind me asking?

I hear you about curbing the appetite!! It can get really hard sometimes!

In answer to your question about the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape, yes, it is pretty much the same--just longer. I find them very easy to stick with and very motivating.

I do not have any kids as of yet. Sorry that you are missing your youngest. That is hard

Where are you from, Wilma? Is your youngest going to a college in State? I hope you get to see him often!

I have joined the group Sara directed me to. Are you part of a group here already?? If not, drop by sometime. There are alot of great people over there

Hope your day goes well for you and have a great weekend

TTYL!

Michelle
Old 09-27-2002, 10:29 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Hi Michelle! Thanks for the info on the Leslie Sansone 3 mile tape. I think I'll order it. I did the 1 mile each day this week and really felt it this morning. I also did squats yesterday and so my thighs are a bit sore. It means something is working!!

I must have mislead you about my job. I work outside the home - not out of the home. although I wish I could! I am a librarian in a middle school. I enjoy it and get the same holidays the kids do so I get my summers off along with a nice break at Christmas!

I am Canadian. I live in the province of Manitoba. Both my sons are away at College. One is going to one in Winnipeg and the other is in the province of Saskatchewan and is only a 5 hour drive away from us. I really do miss them both but am enjoying the freedom of doing what I want instead of living around their schedules.

I am actually a part of the Christian Encouragers group here in the Support thread.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread