Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Foot Surgery

I'm having Bone Spurs Removed in May and I have Bursitis in my Third toe.
So no more WATP till after then BUT I have a new Chair Salsa DVD So I'm ready to get Caliente!
I had to Re RE Re schedule My appt with my WLS doc so now that's May 28th. I want to be Lean and mean (ok nice) by then!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

OUCH !!!!! good luck... OUCH !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Yeah Ouch is pretty much my new Mantra!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I'm not really a member of this particular subgroup, but when I saw your posting I had to post.

Good luck with your foot surgery! There seems to be a lot of that going on around here lately. I had foot surgery on Feb. 5th and I'm still in the recovery stages - one hobbly little step at a time now

I was just wondering what the chair salsa DVD is called and where you got it? The only seated DVD that I could find at my library was for tai chi and it was VERY SLOW. I mean it was good for my limited mobility, but boring and crappy in terms of calorie loss. I'd like to get something else for when I have to get my other foot done.

Good luck again!
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Pan!
some of those seated workouts are SCARY have you seen Sunshine (she looks like Dee Snyder) or Jodi Stolove
I got my DVDs from
http://www.chairaerobics.com/Chair_A...e_-_Store.html
I havent done the salsa one yet but I have done the boxing and it's good!
Good Luck!
Kier
Old 03-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

Oh my goodness, there's a whole website full of those DVDs?!?! I totally have to check those out.

The one I got from the library is called Gentle Tai Chi: Meditation in Motion. The instructor, Dagmar Munn, seems to know what she's doing, but it seems the DVD is focused more towards the geriatric community.

My mom and I were doing the DVD together and laughing our butts off! There are three practitioners showing you the movements - 1) Dagmar, 2) a little old lady (seriously, about 90), and 3) a 30 year old guy. The 30 year old guy looks so painfully out of place it's ridiculous. He doesn't even try to cover up the fact that he's embarassed to be there and thinks that he should be pumping iron with Arnold instead.

Overall, the DVD wasn't bad for a morning stretch/wake-up routine or a evening relaxation routine, but I wouldn't rely on it for any kind of toning or weightloss.

Thanks for sharing the website!

Ania
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

KO: OUCH!!!! I had heel spurs, plantar fascitis, and a broken foot at the same time. I would get out of bed and walk like I was on a tightrope and gave my kids a fit of laughter. They are still kidding me about it. HURTS LIKE HECK! I sure wan't built for walking on my hands!!!.

After about a zillion injections in my heel,they put me in a walking cast and I worked at the hospital doing my job and ended up with a pressure sore. So they changed it to a walking boot cast. I wore that thing off and on for about 18 months. Just about killed my hips and knees. They asked me to stay off of it for a while, but because of my job I just couldn't so the doctor put a non-walking cast on it to keep me off of it. What a pain! You should have seen me tearing down the hospital halls in a wheel chair. I would get to the patient's room and hop to the bedside on one leg to do wound care and PICCS. I couldn't find the big-butt wheel chair one day and decided to squeeze myself into a normal w/c. I was going down the hallway at my usual sonic speed and all of a sudden both of my hips started to feel like they were on fire! I jumped up and realized that because I was so fat, the metal sides of the wheel chair was up against the wheels and I was creating a pretty good heat from friction; metal against metal YOWL! It did do the job on my plantar fascitis and as long as I don't wear a low heeled shoe, I don't have as many problems with it. New Balance shoes seem to be the best for me.

Hope your surgery goes well. I recommend a fifth of whiskey and tylenol for the spur pain!!!! LOL!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan! I swear Woman you never fail to make me laugh. I'm rocking my new balances right now the Merrils were squeezin my toes and I bought some Aravon Open toed *cough* heeled sandals for the wedding I'm going to 2 weeks later
and Rest assured I intend to dance!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350/200/150

Height: 5'9

I'm going to check out that link! I need to have surgery on my foot also, I broke 15 bones in my foot and didn't know until years later after its caused major problems. ( Apparently since they are small it feels like bruising and not breaks), I've been putting it off out of fear of gaining from not moving and some other health issues, but that link will fix the first problem! Thanks and good luck
ravengyrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 350/200/150

Height: 5'9

Aww the link dont work, will google
ravengyrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #11  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

First, sorry about your foot hurting

And second...Keir, you are awesome!!!! You know how much I love to salsa! AND when you can't dance you Chair dance!! As I'm sure you know, it's all in the hips anyway! Woohoo, I love that!

I have a SIL that refuses to actually dance, too shy (I just don't have that problem! hehe), but she did chair dance when we went out the last weekend...she thought no one was watching!

You go girl!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-16-2009 at 01:17 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote