Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #1  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30-Something Daily Chat, Wednesday, 3/4

I couldn't wait for the thread to be started.....I lost MORE!! FINALLY!! I'm at 16 lbs GONE!!! I've had to take off my wedding and engagement rings and my Mother's ring because I've almost flung them off my hands several times because they're so loose! Guess I need to go have them sized....I've never had to have a ring downsized before....this will be a new experience that I certainly won't mind having! I cannot tell you guys how HAPPY I am!! When I had my hysterectomy in 07, I lost down to 216, which was the smallest I've been in YEARS...but the scales only read that one time, EARLY in the morning right after I'd gotten up outta bed....I'm only 6 lbs above that now! I had gained 22 lbs onto that 216, since my surgery! I'm just completely overjoyed....and I'm to a point now that people are starting to tell me, "You're really losing a lot of weight!" Even my husband says, "I'm starting to be able to feel your bones!" and "Man, your fingers aren't pudgy anymore...they're getting slender." WOW!!

Okay, I'm gonna get off here and enjoy my cloud nine for a while! Have an AWESOME day everyone!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 03-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Congratulations, GainingWeightinLA! That's amazing.

I have a follow-up appointment today post-surgery from having my gall bladder removed. I need to ask them what exercise I can do. I know I can't lift weights. I'm doing well walking though.

I am sticking to my new diet very well. The DR warned me not to eat high fat foods, or I would pay the price. I'm not testing that theory so I will stick to my chicken and turkey.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/218/165

Height: 5'9"

Good for you!!!! I know how you feel. When I get off the scale I would do a little "happy dance". I would be so happy I just wanted to tell everyone I encountered that day! I was 207 last fall (September 2008) and that was my lowest in many years. I have put on alot over the winter. UGH. Trying to get it off. Maybe if it ever stops snowing I can go out and walk again...
Ms Fluffernutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

WTG! GainingWeightinLA that's great! Who knew getting your ring resized would mean so much. Keep up the great work.

Finally it's warmed up here enough that I can get back to walking. Yesterday it was below freezing today in the 50's and by Friday it should be around 70!! Crazy weather but I'm loving it. Friday I also hope to go help my sister with the horses and clearing off some brush for a fence she is planning to put in. Nothing better than getting something done AND working out at the same time.

Yesterday, was a horrible day as far as eating and exercising. DD had to have tests at the Children's hosp, we had to be there early and she couldn't eat so I didn't eat either. Then by the time we were done with the test I was STARVING so went a little crazy. It was her birthday so I let her pick and she wanted Mexican. I never do well around those chips. By the time she got all her tests and labs done and we had run our errands and got home I was so pooped I didn't exercise and continued to eat. Luckily I am back on track today and next time I need to plan better. (Next time is next week when we go back for more testing)

Everyone have a happy Wednesday!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #5  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! That is so flippin awesome. I still haven't lost any weight yet but I know it will happen.

It is kinda cool & a little cloudy, but nice outside. Wish I wasn't confined to this desk.

I am still weighing in at 220 & STILL waiting to hear back about my blood work. Hopefully today.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

You rock, Diana! Keep up the good work!
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #7  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

GainingWeightinLA- awesome job on your weight loss!

Today was day 3 at the gym, and it was by far the hardest day. I wanted to quit as soon as I stepped on the elliptical, but I pushed through, and did my workout.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote