South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Walking into Wednesday

OK, who's going to be first this morning? I see Ruth and Cyndi are lurking out there!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I was snooping around the Net and sipping coffee. I know how much you like being first so gave you the chance!

Another sunny but cold day is happening. Although the temp is well below freezing, the snow IS disappearing. The skating rink in the yard is still pretty solid. I'm not looking forward to the lake that will be there when the thaw hits on the weekend. Right now I'm crossing my fingers that the culvert is open and the water will whoosh away as it thaws. (In 1929 there was a stream running through my yard and Mother Nature still thinks it's there.)

Jazz and I do Pet Therapy this morning (coffee with the clients) and early this afternoon Jazz and I go to the nursing home with two observers to do the next step in her official qualification as a therapy dog. It's a bit silly as she has been visiting since last June but rules are rules. I'm sure she'll be fine.

You'll be pleased to know I finally vacuumed the downstairs rugs. I think it's time to get a new vacuum cleaner. Mine is a Sears from 1980 so I may be due. Whaddaya think?

Time for coffee and breakfast. Happy Hump Day!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I was cooking not lurking It's ridiculously cold for March and I'm not looking forward to going outside. At least it will warm up a bit after today.

Apparently fear of Rikki is a great plan, the scale was kind to me this morning I'm a daily weigher so will see what the next two days bring but it was nice to see it back in the 130s.

Just a normal day around here. The most interesting thing will be starting to plan our garden recruitment and training. I love thinking about gardening

What's carrying you through this hump day?

ETA - Good morning Ruth! So were those actually rugs downstairs or just piles of dog hair

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-04-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all! There's not many in yet, so I can still jump in and do personals...

Cottage - when is it going to warm up for us??!!

Ruth - Good luck with Jazz!! That's very cool. I'd like to do that eventually. And with the vacuum...they certainly don't make them like they used to...they're a POS now!! They'd never last that long these days.

Cyndi - Glad the scale was kind to you, and that today is calm. May you enjoy!

Me - Short day at work. We've been really slow the past couple weeks....makes me SO unmotivated. I'm trying to think of things that NEED packing, but there's not much (we're only moving a mile...we'll just make a trip every night with more stuff). I do need to call utilities today and make sure everything goes through for that. Otherwise, I hope to get a run in today...I would bet inside!! Too cold...it's 12 degrees right now!

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-04-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: silly girl mixed up her dogs!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, my friend is having her cancer surgery today, so my mind is very much on that. She'll have her kidney and spleen removed and then I guess they'll have a better idea of the extent of things.

Twynn, have you been slow because people are cutting corners and not taking their animals to the vet? That would be a sad thing.
Good morning Cyndi, Ruth, and cottage. Congrats on the scale victory Cyndi!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Schmoodle- thinking of you and your friend
Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #7  

Schmoodle - hope all goes well. Keep us posted!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, my thoughts will be with your friend today, too.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies- Today is my monday- which is never any fun... not that I hope to be slow at work but I would really like to have a chance to get my roots touched up and my nails done :P working in a spa we don't usually get much time for ourselves and its been a while!!!

Ruth- Enjoy your therapy time! and I think if you are ready for a vacuum a dyson is the way to go- I don't think I will ever own anything else!!!

Cyndi-and i'll be watching! lmao...

Twynn- its so much easier when you are moving close! have a good day!

Schmoodle- will pray for you and your friend!

SO, for me work is on the agenda- since I have mainly been walking at the gym I am going to try to hit the treadmill on my lunch break today-or walk around the hotel, we'll see! I better get off and running! going in a bit later causes me to leave a bit earlier because of traffic!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning!

Ruth, I'd venture to say you don't remember the stream running through your yard in 1929? If so, you are the BEST looking 90 year old woman I've ever seen! BTW, I love my Orick.

Cyndi, Have fun thinking about gardening. We have our spot tilled. Just waiting for warm weather.

Twynn, You never told us about the snake. How did that go?

Schmoodle, Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers today.

Me: My favorite... I have a dentist appointment today. I chipped the corner of a back tooth. No pain, but food is getting stuck between the teeth. He's going to put a new filling in it. Where's the laughing gas???

I've lost one of the five pounds I gained in Louisiana. Hooray!

Hope your days is fabulous and warm!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #11  

THe snake was a no show....darned!! (*sarcasm*)
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

From "Things Only a Vet Could Say Seriously"
Quote:
THe snake was a no show
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, chicks!

Just a quick pass through--I got to reading Pearls Before Swine on Comics.com and lost track of time!

Oh, dude, Ruth! You totally have to get a new vacuum cleaner, though I'm shocked that a Sears appliance has lasted nearly 30 years! That's awesome! I highly recommend Dyson. I love mine and actually just used it last night. Good luck to Jazz today!

Schmoodle, I hope things go very, very well with your friend and that what they find (if anything) is easily fixable.

Love the snake comment, Schmoodle! Too funny...

Me:
Had a good weigh-in yesterday. I went to yoga, which really made me feel good. Today is work, gym, home for a quick dinner, then off to Adult Faith Formation. We're learning about St. Paul--not one of my favorites--and I'm hoping to develop a better appreciation for him.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I'm cleaning my house today, top to bottom. At least the first floor. Will probably have to do the second floor tomorrow.

I'm down to my last pack of cigarettes. Quit Day is right around the corner. The Chantix has been bothering me something fierce.

Jumped on the scale this morning and was down two whole pounds. Who would've thought? Tomorrow, it'll probably be up five.

I went to the supermarket last night and got my groceries. Planning the menu and pulling the shopping list off that makes it so easy! But I couldn't find sugar free salad dressing anywhere. So I'll just keep making my own.

DH will be back from his business trip Friday morning. I've enjoyed my alone time very much, but I won't tell him.

Still fighting this headache. It's been four or five days now and it won't go away. Haven't had a drop of alcohol and I know it's because of that. When you go from four to five glasses of wine a day to zero, your body is gonna notice.

Chelby, congratulations on your loss. (That reads weird, doesn't it?) Louisiana is much like Girl Scout cookies!

Rikki, I'm jealous! Enjoy your time!

Ruth, you don't owe that vacuum cleaner a dime. I think it's okay to say goodbye now. When you get your new one, you'll be amazed at how little the old one was picking up.

Twynn, enjoy your run. If you can find ice-free roads to run on, and if you have good winter gear, I'd say run outdoors if you're only doing a couple of miles. Winter is absolutely GORGEOUS and nothing like a run outdoors to make you appreciate it. Don't forget your sunglasses.

Have a good day, ladies. (Any gents here?)
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good morning chickies... in here really late today.. had to get the kids and house in order first... not much in store for today, im afraid im getting another freakin cold... runny nose, scratchy throat, sneezing, and a headache the size of Texas... might just take it easy and see if i can get better faster.
twynne--good luck with the packing
ruth--yep i think a new vacuum is in order lol... ive been through 3 since last may when we bought the house.. cant seem to find one that i like. i have a bissell powerforce now.. its doing pretty good.
chelby--oooohhhh the dentist.. now theres someone i dont like. i dont sleep for days when i know i have to go. congrats on the loss!
beach--happy the scale was kind to you
rikki--have a good day at work, when do you have your interview with the show??
cyndi--im a daily weigher too, helps me stay focused
schmoodle--in our thoughts and prayers hun.

well im off for now. have a great day ya'll

stacy xxx
Closed Thread