Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight Loss Buddies

Hey Everyone! I hope you found the thread okay. We have a great group of girls already, but always looking for more weight loss buddies. So Join in and Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #2  
Miss Otis

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'4"

I would love to join a group, but I am not so good about navigating my way around the site. Including a photo and the cute icons, is there a tutorial somewhere because I have a lot of weight to lose and could use all the help and support I can find.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

i'd love to join
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #4  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hey Neesy - I found you! The link in the email didn't work, so I just searched! ;-)

Today has been better than the last two days of disaster, however I didn't get my walk in......oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone finds us. I will check back later.

Miss Otis - Look under the link on the bar labeled UserCP - which is your control panel. It is pretty self explanatory in there.

Welcome Paperskin!!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #5  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Whew! I found it. I was starting to panic there! I was wondering when it would get closed out...we have been here for a while. HaHa! I wonder if the last one will stay up or if they will pull it all together at some point? Sometimes I would go back to remind myself of who is who and what's going on with them (we have so many, sometimes I get confused )

Well, smoking today...not so good. As soon as I had the last one this morning, I freaked! Then I bummed, then I bought a pack. Crap... So I'm done with them for today and tomorrow I will try again. But the good news is I still haven't had as many as I usually have.

As for food-I've done very well. Yogurt, LF cheese stick, chili, mandarin oranges and now I'm making turkey spaghetti sauce w/wheat pasta. I really need to work on the veggies, but it's so hard when it's cold out. When will this cold go away-for good?!?! It's gonna be nice the next few days then hang in the 50's. So that ought to get me moving.

Welcome paperskin and Miss Otis! I hope you find what you need here, everyone is great!

Hope to see our other ladies here soon!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey ladies!

Neesy - thanks for starting the new forum and updating all of us. I hope everyone makes it back here. On a separate note - your pictures look AWESOME!!! You look SO MUCH SMALLER than what your actual weight is on your ticker, you actually look like your well under the 200's. Congratulations!

Takeadeepbreath- your doing good with the smoking. Keep up the good work. Just like weight loss, smoking is just as hard, if not harder, take baby steps and you'll get there. Its kinda crazy for me to give you this advice considering I have never smoked but my mom, dad and brother do (did), so I saw and heard everything they went through. We're your friends and are here for you through lifes challenges, not just with weight loss, so pop on here and vent all you want. Good luck!

Maddiesmom - I can SO relate with you and being depressed going to work when you have a kiddie at home. It will get better, it takes about a good 2 weeks to get into the swing of things. Eventually, it will be second nature and it will not bother you as much. Im sorry to hear your so bummed lately - I hope things turn around for you soon. How is your hubbys job search going? I know things dont turn around that quick though - just thought I'd ask. On the positive side- it is GREAT that you have such an awesome opportunity with your job to help in your weight loss journey. I too have some great opportunities with my job with fitness centers, weight loss groups and weight loss incentives and I consider it such a blessing. Good luck with everything, you'll get through this and excel.

Mygrits - considering how big Bike Week is here for us (and our economy), as stressful and exhausting it is for you, I'm glad you got the catering deal. As soon as it is over, you'll be back to your normal routine and feeling good.

Now, my day. I had a great day today until my husband decided he wanted to take us to Olive Garden, oh god - why?!!! I actually said no to him and said that I didnt want to go, but with some persuation and a very stressful day at work, I caved. I'm not too worried about it because I've been doing good aside from that. I also have a new mini goal. 30 pds. by the 28th of March. We have a BBQ with my husbands co-workers and I would really like to be at 190 by that time. And I'm quite confident I can do it. In addition, I have a meeting with LA Fitness to join the gym...wow, I am so excited. The girl was telling me about a killer cardio class that burns a ton of calories and as an incentive to get people back to the gym, they are offering 5 free personal trainer sessions to help you tone what you want to tone the right way - so, YAY!!!

Well, glad to see everyone is doing so well. I hope everyone else makes it here with no issues.

Take care!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Found it, I was a little worried too. Couldnt find the thread I know I need you ladies to keep me going. I haven't worked out in a few days. I just feel so tired. I think its because lately I have been staying up late watching movies and then getting up early, so tonight, I am gonna go to sleep early and get up and get my work out i first thing. But then Thursday I have to get up early again to get the little boy I keep on the bus. Oh well, I will get into a routine sometime, just have to push my self to exercise. Hope everyone finds us here.

Welcome to paperskin and Miss otis.

Have a great night everyone.
Allison
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #8  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, I found it too! I came nowhere near making my calories today. I got up late this morning, and all I had that could serve as a quick breakfast was these 100 calorie strawberry cupcake things. So I grabbed one on the way in work, and then didn't have a free second the rest of the day. No lunch, no snacks, no nothing til I got home at six. I had the leftover barbq chicken we made last night for dinner, and turned them into sandwiches. so maybe like 700 calories for dinner. So 800 total today. According to the machines at the gym, I burned 1100 calories. So, I know I should have ate more today, but I am hoping the deficit gets rid of that chicken sandwich and milkshake I had last night. I was up like 3 lbs this morning .

I just felt sooo exhausted today towards the end. The same thing happened Friday night. Friday night though, I came home at 6 and went straight to bed and didn't get up til the next morning. Maybe when I get on the thyroid medicine, that will help the exhaustion I have been feeling. ::sigh:: I think I am going to go to bed now.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #9  

Neesy- I just saw your pics and you look amazing. You look like weigh a lot less than the scale says. Keep it up girl.

Kelly-you are doing great with food, and keep going cutting down on smokes, just take it slow and you will be able to quit. I know what you mean about the cold weather, it has been in the teens here the last few days. It did warm up to 24 today, but tomorrow it is supposed to start warming up. My yard is going to be horrible, we live down a hill so we get a LOT of mud. Yay.

Lindy-mmm Olive Garden, I am so glad there isnt one near me. You can get to 30 in no time, you are doing great walking everyday, I want to get outside!!! Thats it, I am moving to FL, which one of you Fl girls is going to take me in??
Did you go to LA Fitness yet?

Tiff-I am feeling the same way lately, I am so exhausted and have to make myself get up and do the things I know I have to get done. I really need to go to the Dr. but dont have insurance right now. I know about the calorie thing, it seems when we dont want to we eat too many calories and when we try to we cant eat enough.

So, I had a long day and finally was able to get myself up and do the 30DS which, I have slacked and havent done it in 5 days, so needless to say, I thought I was going to die! I could barely finish it. I have to start doing it everyday or I feel like crap. I didnt drink much water today either and that makes me sluggish. So tomorrow, I get to stay home all day, I can finally clean my house, it really needs some TLC, and I can do the 30DS and do some on my wii fit. I talked to my sister today and she has lost 16 lbs, so I am 4 behind her, gotta catch her.

Ok, so its 1:30 in the morning, didnt I say in my last post that I was gonna go to bed early. That didnt happen and never does, I dont know why I try to fool myself. At least I have no plans tomorrow. Have a great night ladies, but I am guessing most of you are asleep.
Allison
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #10  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies

Takeadeepbreath - You are doing awesome with your smoking less. That is sooo difficult and the fact that you have cut down and continue to try says alot! Keep going, you will kick it - remember one day at a time, just like eating ;-)

Lindy - LA Fitness sounds great! I wish we had one hear, but the town is too small for it.....LOL There is one in Daytona I think, but that is 20 min. a way, and doesn't sound terribly far, but I know I would break my committment with that distance. I am hoping to join the YMCA again, as they built a new fitness addition. It is more costly though....

Tiff - Sounds like your still doing great! I wish I had eaten that small the last few days, but I am sooo off track. This bike thing has just totally screwed me up. I know you need to eat more, but on occasion it doesn't hurt. I hope your feeling more energetic today!!!

Maddiesmom - Like Lindy said, give it a couple of weeks and it will be routine. I know you know how blessed you are to have gotten this job with such a bad economy out there. I hope today and the rest of the week is really good for you!!

Well, I am just sucking wind at my whole great routine I had going. This bike week really screwed me up. These 3 days off before we go back tomorrow I have done nothing good. No workouts and eating at night. YUCK! I know I have gained a few pounds because I can feel it. So back to grilling the next few days......UGH! I know we are very blessed to have the work, I just had feeling like my weight efforts are out the window......

Hope all of you have an AWESOME day!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad everyone found eachother! We were yacking for so long they had to boot us off. That's funny.

Grits-You'll get back into a routine you can keep with. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

Rayne-Thank you! That makes me feel good=) Have fun cleaning.. that's what I'm about to do now. I've been slacking off in that department for the past week. Now, it's caught up with me. I guess I just have to look at it as more exercise. ugh

Tiff- I hope you can catch up and get your rest. Don't burn yourself out. Take a snack or two to work with you if you can't eat lunch. Maybe that will help. I know I go 12-13hrs at work without eating, then when I get home I am just burnt out, but when I eat something.. I feel better.

Lindy-Thanks for the compliments! We have a similar goal. We both want to lose 10lbs by March 28th (my b-day). We can do this!

So.. Today I have a TON of cleaning to do. I wanted to take my dogs to the park but it is way too cold. I can't wait for it to start warming up. I'm sick of the cold. I'm gonna try and stay busy today and stay on track. I have work tomorrow and friday, so I know I'll be good on those days. It's my off days that get me.

Talk to you guys later! Glad everyone made their way back to our group! YAY!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/108/100

Height: 4ft 11

hi all i am new to the site as i thought it would be a great idea to meet new people going through similar issues and support each other.

i am 4ft 10 with a current weight of 142 with a goal weight of 100 so only 42 to go lol i have already lost 5 lb in two weeks and rearing to go. would love to hear from you soon
Old 03-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #13  

Mygrits-dont stress about your routine, just think of all the calories you are burning while working. Dont let it get you down.

Welcome mystic-just join right in, everyone here is so supportive of each other.

I got on the scale(why do I do it to myself everyday, I just cant stay off of it) and I am still at 224. I want it to move down, but I know slow and steady is the best way to do it.

So, to those that watch the biggest loser, last night really made me mad, how could they end it like that. To be continued, what, come on, I want to know what happens!!!! I really hope they all lost enough and no one had to go home.

I need to stop blabbing and get back to cleaning. Have a great evening everyone.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #14  
Sandy....

Thanks Neesy and Burgand - I do really appreciate the encouraging words. I managed or should I say 'forced' LOL myself to walk today - almost 2 miles. I am also still doing good with my eating, and pray I keep it up till bedtime! Now, tomorrow back to the bike week grilling, so I am AWOL for 3 days. I am going to really try to manage my eating because I know no workouts are happening - I'm too pooped by the end of the day.

Neesy your doing so good at 208! That is awesome. I wish I were there too, but I know it's just a matter of time.

Burgund the scale will move when it's good and ready - I know, mine is stuck too! LOL Hey, Biggest Loser made me so mad to - grrrrrrr I can't believe they did that! Another week, how could they?!!!!!!

Back to my letter writing. Nite!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey ladies:

I dont have too much to write, I'm kinda tired and I have not exercised in 4 days!!! There is no reason for it either, so I'm really mad at myself. I think I'm in a funk right now, actually, I KNOW I'm in a funk. I will get out of it, I just need to focus. Im sorry girls, I wish I could provide some encouragement for you, but I'm really not in the mood to even type. Hopefully Ill be better tomorrow.

Take care!
Closed Thread