Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #1  

Default Honey and cinnamon

Has anyone heard of the honey and cinnamon drink that helps rid your body of toxins and encourages weight loss? My friend's son met a woman who has lost weight with this drink and I wondered if anyone else has tried it. I'm going to start and will let you know how it worked for me.

The recipe varies depending on who you ask:
Cinnamon and Honey formula for weight loss:
This should be prepared at night before going to bed.
1. 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts raw honey. 1/2 tsp cinnamon to 1 tsp honey is recommended but can use any amount with the ratio of 1 to 2.
2. Boil 1 cup water.
3. Pour water over cinnamon and cover and let it steep for 1/2 hour
4. Add honey once it has cooled. Do not add honey when it is hot which will destroy the enzymes and other nutrients in the raw honey.
5. Drink 1/2 before going to bed. The other 1/2 should be covered and refrigerated.
6. In the morning drink the other half, but do not re-heat it.

Reportedly, cinnamon and honey causes a cleansing effect in the digestive tract ridding it of parasites and other fungus and bacteria that slow down the digestion. Once this is all cleaned out, you may reach a plateau. In addition, people have reported increased energy, more sex drive, and an overall feeling of well-being.

Last edited by flowergirl2005; 03-03-2009 at 03:45 PM.
flowergirl2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've never heard of it, but I have seen studies that suggest that cinnamon helps keep your blood sugar more even. I know when I put 1/2t of cinnamon in my oatmeal I last longer before getting hungry than if I don't.

That being said, what is the rest of the diet like? Do you still eat sensible meals and healthy foods? If it's just a liquid diet, the weight will just come back once you start eating normally again.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #3  

Cleansing?

Bacteria?

Fungus?

Come on. Whatever good this "diet" is comes from the rest of what you eat, not some magic drink that cleanses you of bacteria and fungi.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I don't know how the honey would aid in this, but I take Ceylon cinnamon capsules and my blood sugar seems to be doing better. My A1c went from 6.9 to 6.1 in six months.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Cleansing?

Bacteria?

Fungus?

Come on. Whatever good this "diet" is comes from the rest of what you eat, not some magic drink that cleanses you of bacteria and fungi.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like a cure all for weight loss, but it sounds like a nice jump start. And there can't be anything wrong with ridding your digestive tract of toxins. I just wondered if anyone has tried it.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Flowergirl, if you hadn't put that last post in there, I'd have agreed with Maria Maria. I also think that ridding the body of toxins would probably and fungus is not something this drink would do and that ridding the body of toxins is not necessary as Mom Nature invented us as a self-cleansing unit.

But since you qualified that you didn't mean it to be a cure all for weight loss, I thought I'd like to comment that I personally don't see why anyone shouldn't drink this (although I'm not a doctor and am very cognizant that as 3FC says, "Posts by members ... are not considered medical advise ...") such a drink unless honey or cinnamon are something one has an individual reaction to.

There are stranger drinks. I personally like to drink apple cider vinegar and it makes me feel good, I think, but everyone laughs at me as there is no reason to think that such a procedure would have a medical benefit.

So why not honey and cinnamon?

Unless that were all one was ingesting, and I didn't think you meant that.

Honey has a number of known health benefits, as does cinnamon.

I think the reason people make comments in these kinds of threads is that it's hard to see people passing things along about weight loss procedures that might have a harmful effect or distract the person trying to lose weight with irrelevant ideas when really the best way to lose weight (IMO anyhow) is to eat lose and move more.

That really works.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I drink a hot tea most every afternoon that is a cinnamon blend and I tend to season it with honey... I haven't noticed if it has helped with the weight loss or not, actually. It does make me less likely to snack.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

My neighbor sent me an email about the miracles of honey and cinnamon. I don't believe them all, but I like both honey and cinnamon, and unless you're allergic, I see no harm in the drink. I have read about cinnamon helping stabilize blood sugar as well.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Just another comment that if I were to think of this as a tea to stabilize blood sugar, I think agave nectar would be good as a honey alternative in the drink, and yea, some green tea.

Starting to sound good.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It seems like every week, there is a new 'miracle' food. The truth is...

Whole foods are good for you. Some spices have very beneficial effects on the body such as cinnamon. Bananas are good for you, blueberries are good for you, spinach is good for you, cinnamon is good for you, etc. The list can go on and on.

I personally don't eat honey but I do use cinnamon fairly liberally. I also eat a whole foods diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. If you want to 'detox', cutting out the junk and adding healthy foods is how you do it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #11  

I read about this on a holistic web site and found it very interesting. I mentioned it to some co-workers and one of the girls said that she does this every day and said that she feels it has helped her and she swears by it. I'm going to give it a try, thanks for the recipe I will update you with the results.

Take care
timetoshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #12  

Well, I've been using the drink day and night...although I've been using the full cup each time instead of 1/2 c. I have also been cutting back on calories. I go anywhere from 1300 to 1500 and have on a couple of ocassions gone up to 1700. I have lost 6 pounds so far. I definitely think that on it's own, it won't help you lose weight. But it could be a good compliment to a reasonably balanced diet. Haven't started any excercise program yet...that's my next step.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My grandpa is drinking it, because he got some email about it, and swears he feels better. Whether real or placebo, I'll take him feeling better any day.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #14  

Well, Mon I had a dismal weigh in: 1 lb lost. Still it's losing and not gaining, right? As for the drink...I'm getting tired of it to the point of gagging. I wasn't as loyal to it last week. I'll try it again more loyally and see if it makes a difference.

I do want to make one point, however...I noticed my cravings were lessened and my willpower increased while on the drink.

Last edited by flowergirl2005; 03-17-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

Question Cinnamon & Honey?

Hi Everyone!

I just received a forwarded email about the various benefits of cinnamon & honey mixed together, it listed a whole slew of ailments it can cure but what caught my eye was the claim that it can help weight loss. I googled it and found a lot of websites substanting this. It just sounds like a bunch of hooey-whenever I read this stuff I just think to myself- if it worked the entire diet industry would be out of business! But aside from my cynicism, I am very curious if anyone has tried it, heard of it and what they thought.

The magic formula is:

Mix 1 tablespoon honey & 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and mix into a paste
Pour 1 cup boiling water into mixute and drink half in the morning and half at night.
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote