Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Default Fresh Express Cesaer Salad

I just sent the following e-mail to the Fresh Express company. I was wondering if anyone here had any insight. This has bugged me forever and I can't help but feel like I am being duped:

I am writing to ask about the calories you have listed on your Fresh Express Caeser Salad. I am very confused as to why one serving is only 130 calories. The dressing does not say low-cal or low-fat but when I look up 2 tbsp of caeser dressing elsewhere I find that it is normally more than 150 calories. Additionally, the 130 calories in one serving also includes 2.5 cups of lettuce (20 calories), 10 croutons (12 calories), and 1 tsp parmesan cheese (7 calories). So rather than the caeser dressing having more than 150 calories, your dressing appears to have only 91 calories for 2 tablespoons. I am sorry but I cannot see how that is correct. Can you please verify that this is correct? Thank you.

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 03-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I was wondering the same thing myself because I always buy those to save time. Their serving size is large too, at least 2.5 cups which is a generous serving. Most caesar dressings I see are about 50-90 per tablespoon.

Let us know for sure what they say!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote