Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/284/160

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy I'm so disgusted...

This whole weight loss thing is just so hard. *sigh*

I'm so frustrated, angry and disgusted. For the past month, I have counted calories, stayed within my limits. I am at the gym 5 weekday mornings at 530am. I work out with a trainer Tue/Thu. I am at the gym on Saturdays.

And what do I have to show for it.....NOTHING! ZERO! NADA!

I realize, in my head, that this is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong process of ups and downs. I know that the weight will eventually have to give up, and I will see results.

I can stay in bed, eat what I want, and get the same results I'm getting now! And I wouldn't have to be killing myself to lose not a POUND! What the heck!!!!!

I'm sure this dark mood will pass, but I wonder to myself on days like today. WHY am I getting up every day at 530am when nothing seems to be happening?

I'm just feeling a little frustrated and angry with myself. I have pushed myself in the past month, even as far as injuring myself ( I think I have tendonitis in my arm, and I pulled my calf muscle working out with the trainer today! AUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!)

lindalou0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Linda -

How quickly did the first 7 lbs come off? Some people just lose at a much slower rate.

Do you calorie count? What's your plan? Maybe if you share the details of you plan and what you eat in a typical date, we can help.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #3  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

I hear ya. I'm frustruated too. However, I know that the first 10 pounds came off really quick and I think that my body is adjusting. I know i am still losing inches because I can tell by the way my clothes fit and I see it in my face, too. I even saw my cheekbones yesterday! It sounds as though you are working out pretty hard. I wonder if you are eating enough??
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I have lost A LOT of weight in a very short amount of time--98 lbs in 6 1/2 months--but I stalled out pound-wise about 2 months ago and haven't really lost since then. It was really frustrating.

Then! I saw on an old thread that I had posted my size a month ago. I haven't lost any pounds in the last month but I have lost a whole size!

So ~ don't get discouraged! With all the great healthy stuff you are doing, you are definitely losing fat! Sometimes the scale is not our friend! You are doing great!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I have been experiencing this as well... I think I have been not eating enough calories on the days I work out.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #6  

According to the scale at home it's 7lbs. At the gym, it's not even 2 lbs. I calorie count daily, and keep track on The Daily Plate. I don't really count the workout calories, and I try to stay under 1800 a day. My trainer tells me to eat 3000 a day! UMM NO! I can't eat that much food.

My typical day goes something like this.

Breakfast
Oatmeal with raisins
Banana

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch
Chicken breast, one slice cheese on Oat Bran Bread
A smatter of organic mayo
Orange

Mid Afternoon
Yogurt and/or sliced peaches

Dinner:
It depends, but here are a couple of samples

Ground Turkey tacos (2) with lettuce, tomato, avocado.
Fish (Swordfish, Tilapia) with rice and vegetables
Veggie salad w/2 tbsp dressing and one serving of croutons

Evening Snack:
Skinny Cow ( I love these!)
or
Yogurt covered raisins

I don't drink pop. I don't drink alcohol. I LOVE propel fitness water, but I have cut back on that and drink it only with dinner. Other than that, its plain old water!

I work out Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat on my own. 45 mins on the elliptical at level 5, per my trainer.
Tue/Thu I work out for one hour with my trainer. We box, we do circuits, we do squats, we do the stepper.

So, what gives!!!! LOL
Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #7  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Have you taken your measurements? Are you seeing a difference in the way your clothes fit?
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I would definately say stick to weighing on one scale only! ... Think about it this way though, even if you weigh on the other scale you have still lost 7 pounds, but your highest weight would be a little higher. Either way you have still lost the 7 lbs!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #9  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

How far below 1800 do you go? Your sample menu didn't seem like it was nearly that many calories. Is it possible that you're overdoing it?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #10  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou0510 View Post
According to the scale at home it's 7lbs. At the gym, it's not even 2 lbs. I calorie count daily, and keep track on The Daily Plate. I don't really count the workout calories, and I try to stay under 1800 a day. My trainer tells me to eat 3000 a day! UMM NO! I can't eat that much food.
I know it sounds crazy but I would listen to your trainer and eat more. I'm not sure about 3000 cal a day (I'm not an expert) but I would up it to at least 2,000 and then maybe even more. To give you some perspective I'm 5'6, 188 and I'm eating 1,900cal on days I workout and 1,700 on days I don't. My weight loss has slowed since I got under 200 but I'm still averaging a 1.8 lbs loss per week.

If you're still worried see your doctor for advice.

By the way you are off to a great start don't get discouraged Getting up at 5am to workout that's hardcore
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Don't give up, losing weight is hard and sometimes very slow. You have to make up your mind that you are tougher than the fat- you will win the fight over it! Maybe you can make some adjustments to your program to make it more doable for yourself. If you can't keep up with the early morning gym schedule could you do it later in the day? I have always had to fight myself to exercise so I started out very easy, walking on the treadmill. I'm in my fourties and I don't lose fast. I've had to keep telling myself that it's okay, I'm not going to lose it quick like some of the younger ladies here at 3fc. It's so worth it to stick with it, even if it takes a lot longer than you would like.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone!

The morning gym routine is really best for me, and I actually enjoy going first thing. I get it over with, and I have my evenings to enjoy and do with as I please.

I guess we all want fast results, and when they don't come, it's easy to just throw the towel in and say FORGET IT! However, I'm not doing that! I will stay with it, but I just needed to vent!

I will try to eat a few more calories. I become obsessive about watching what I eat, the scale, etc. 3000 calories is just too much, but perhaps I've put myself into starvation mode!

I refuse to give in and give up! Failure is not an option!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #13  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou0510 View Post
I will try to eat a few more calories. I become obsessive about watching what I eat, the scale, etc. 3000 calories is just too much, but perhaps I've put myself into starvation mode!
I can relate especially to the obsessing part. I see your goal is 150...think about it if you are eating 1800 cal now how low are you going to go when you have the last 10lbs to lose? Eat some more, stop stressing, and keep at it
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just FYI, a trainer I started working with said that I should be eating more, too. I didn't want to believe that. No way. If I couldn't lose at 1350 cals a day, why on earth should I think I would lose at more?

But, I looked around at different calculators, and for my current activity level, they all said something similar to what my trainer is saying. So I decided to give it a try anyway for a month. Why not?

Bottom line: I'm 17 days into it and I have lost 4 pounds. That's faster than I used to lose when I was heavier! And I'm eating more. I'm never hungry.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

That is great!!! When I got my LAWL plan a week ago I thought it was more food than I ever would eat. But I talked to a nutritionist and she explained to me it is the combinations of food and the way your body breaks down the food that matters. So I hope my plan continues to work and yours does too!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote