Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #1  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Friends and Losers March 2- March 9

G'morning all! Up bright and early for a workout and thought I would check in... any plans for the weekend ahead? Keep POP today!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I have plans, but they aren't good.... It's the first weekend of my 3 weekend master class - Education Law. <<SNORE!>> But, I am doing it with my other classmates, we were in hysterics just trying to choose a hotel to stay in (the class is being held inthe middle of nowhere in the Catskill mountains), so our after hours should be fun at least. And, for humor, I will share our hotel choosing hysterics - there are only a few hotels in the area, a Days Inn, an Econolodge, and one or 2 more low-budget places. The next nearest places to stay are 45 minutes away, which we wanted to avoid travelling since the classes start pretty early and go late. So, we are reading reviews (on the computer during class of course...) of each place and I just started laughing me A** off in the middle of class because one of the places had a review that said "We were sleeping and in the middle of the night I felt something in the bed, and when I jumped up and turned on the light I found a USED YARMULKE in the bed!" (you know, the little caps that Jewish men wear?) My question is, how did the reviewer know that it was used? It just struck me funny. SO, those are my big plans.

This was my weekend to get my plan in gear again. So, today I have all of my food pre-planned and ready to go. That is such the hard part, just getting organized. I love it when it all becomes routine. I am also going to head back to the gym this week - between hurting my back in January and then going away I have been seriously lax in that area.

Anyway - Good Morning all and here's to a good week!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. not much going on with me this week. just the usual, plus a dr appt on friday. i've been pretty freakin' uncomfortable for the past few weeks..and it's just getting worse. ugh. soon enough it will be over...forever! yay!

hubby had a good bday on saturday and it's my bday next week. i don't think we'll be doing much of anything really. just resting. i'm not much fun these days, but it's to be expected.

hope everyone has a good week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

oh and if you haven't already, please check out my link in my siggy for my annual NAMI WALK. thanks everyone!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I hope that you are all having a good Monday. Hope those of you who are getting snow are enjoying it, LOL. For once, I get to brag that it has been unseasonably nice here. The snow is melting, the sun is shining. I even sat on the front steps to enjoy my coffee this morning. Well, I had better get busy. Mondays always bring a lot to my list!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #6  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,

It is me again. I hope that everyone has a great week. I know that I have been on several times trying to start back. And here I am again. I did Take off last Thursday and Friday and have been on plan since. I am doing good with the plan. I wanted to come back here for the support and friendship. I thank you all for always supporting me and taking me back into the group.

One question I have is I usually use the Luna bars as subs for lites. However, I was in the store yesterday and looked at South Beach Living Cereal Bars and they seem pretty close to the lunas. Does anyone else use the South Beach bars? They are a lot cheaper South Beach $2.60 and Luna $4.97.

I better go eat my breakfast.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Dionne - Welcome back We're always happy to see you here... Are you on Facebook also? Maybe that's another way we can keep in touch and keep motivating you...

I have used the south beach bars as well. They are a good alternative. Right now I have the special k bars, they are pretty similar as well and less expensive. I bought a box of 24 for around $18 at costco.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #8  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Yes, I'm on facebook and myspace
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #9  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi all! Hope you all had a good weekend! I, once again, had a major binge and gain. Not to mention that TOM is here. I dropped out of the BL challenge. I was doing my team more harm than good. I am hoping to recommit (no, REALLY recommit) this week and stay on track. It was never this hard for me in 2007, what's the deal??
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimberly, I had a bad weekend too, with my family in town and lot of big meals. Time to recommit. You might not have been so ready to start before, with a new baby and then a surgery. That is a lot, enough to put all sorts of people off track for awhile, so don't be harsh on yourself. Just focus one day at a time. I can be good for a day, and today I chose to be on plan. I hope to make the same choice tomorrow and the next day and to have a good weekend or two ahead... but right here, right now I'm just going to worry about today, and forget the past and not fret over how many tomorrows it might take to really make a big change.... We can do this. We can put a few bad days of eating behind us, and look forward to doing better.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. Bad weekend for me, but not so much because of food... For some reason, I got what I thought was a big migraine on Saturday afternoon, and pretty much felt like crap all day yesterday. I went to work today, but continue to feel pukey and really blah... No appitite, which is good, I guess, but that's keeping me from eating what I need...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #12  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi all!

Wow! I missed a lot while I was gone! No time to catch up! Just got back from Mexico yesterday... back to work today. Normal life. I am thinking Mexico is going to have to be a normal trip every year! HA! Food wise I was not terrible but of course I was not good either. Lots of beer too. Try to get back on track... I think I am going to force my self to go to the gym tonight. One week and I am totally not motivated! UGHH!

Glad to see you are all here and well! Lets have a great start to a new week!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #13  
Amy

Hey guys!

Got some snow here today, about 6 inches or so. Nothing much compared to some of you!! School was cancelled today so that was nice. Got a full day of cleaning in. The whole house is done now, just enjoying the cleanliness before I start messing it up with cooking dinner!!

I've been out of sorts recently too. It's like I binge/screw up one day and it starts a trainwreck of days together! It's been over a week now, time to recommit! I would love to lose those 5 lbs by St/ Patty's!

Back to teh gym this week though, so I am excited and ready to get back on the wagon.

Have a great night!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends
I had a busy hectic weekend myself.......both of my brother's came down to visit, and the one had his wife and kids and I made lots and lots of food It was good, and I stayed POP until Sat. night. Then I kind of continued the food fun until today.......but tomorrow, back to my atkins lifestyle I will not WI until next week, and things will work out just fine

Kim......OMG.......you had me about the, "YARMULKE in the bed." WTF? I was expecting a huge bug at first........then a used condom or something gross like that.....but a YARMUKE???? Also.....how the **** did you know how to spell that? Your explaination was so needed for this girl . I would have died laughing in class myself.

Ok, time to chll on my couch and relax..........my house has been a whirlwind.....and mama must rest
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Kim......OMG.......you had me about the, "YARMULKE in the bed." WTF? I was expecting a huge bug at first........then a used condom or something gross like that.....but a YARMUKE???? Also.....how the **** did you know how to spell that? Your explaination was so needed for this girl . I would have died laughing in class myself.
Nicole - expactly what I was thinking too - "Oh boy, she found a bug or something - no, just a little round cap!" hysterical. As for the spelling - I am kind of a spelling geek, thanks to having a sister who is 15 yrs older than me who went to college to be a teacher right around the time I started kindergarten. I was her guinea pig for teaching.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote