Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 3/2

Mornin' All!

It's a winter wonderland here! March definitely came in like a lion! We've got probably about 6-7" and counting. It's snowing on and off. Closer to the city may get up to 15"!! Hopefully March will go out like a lamb...or even better, most of it will be a lamb!

Anyone have a good whole wheat pizza crust recipe?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!!

I did good over the weekend, exercised both days and even tried running on the treadmill both days..
Summer is getting closer and I havent lost enough yet! I need to do something different, switch things up!
It's so cold here this morning that my car didnt want to start! -22 ouch..
Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I am sore today from all the walking and carrying stuff around this past weekend at the con... but, I had a blast, so its worth it.
Decided to sleep in a bit today before work and not do my workout to let myself recoup a bit from the lack of sleep Saturday and Sunday. Only one day though, back to working out tomorrow morning!

Off to work in a little over an hour, hope you all have a good Monday, I just want to make it through the day as easy as possible because I wish I was off today! Ha.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies!

Hope you all had a great weekend! DH and I were on the go ALL weekend! We took the dog out for some long walks, which was great b/c the weather was beautiful! I'm back to the gym tonight and tomorrow night before we head out of town to visit my family on Thursday! Gotta stick to plan!

Last edited by Wifey; 03-02-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Boy, I gotta get back to the gym!! I'm at a standstill!!! I'm holding at 14 lbs (I've lost maybe half a lb)...I know, I know, better than a gain. I know if I'd get my lazy butt to the gym I'd be showing a loss. The friend that I'm in the "competition" with has lost 17!! I have a feeling I'm gonna be making another trip to Georgia because I'm gonna be the loser...but like DH said, we'll both be winners because we lost weight! (I hate it when he says stuff like that........)

Have waited too late to gym today, so maybe tomorrow. I've had my butt in park in front of this computer playing online scrabble...of all things! I think it may be a new addiction. lol

Have a GREAT week everyone!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 03-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Can I join in?
I really need some support. My friends are thin and I feel like a big cow in sea of toothpicks.

I am 31, married, have a DD who just turned 11. I have been on numerous diets and have always managed to find my weight back. I started researching having the lapband but discovered I didn't qualify. I did find out the surgeon for the lapband also heads a Comprehensive weight management program that has a required weekly support group, nutritionist, exercise phyisologist and of course the md. I start on March the 17th. I am so excited!!

So that' s me, just want to join in and share with other's who have the same experiences I do with weight issues.

Beth
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Howdy Ladies!! Happy Monday!!

It's a Winter Wnderland here as well. Snowing up a storm, and still expecting more. DH told me to stay home because the roads are real bad... so grocery shopping and the gym is put off until tomorrow. Kids and I are having a movie day... we are on our second movie. After we get bored of watching them, we'll play withth big box of play-doh stuff we haven't opened yet. Dh is coming home earier then usual, so all in all not a bad day... but oh how I wish I could go out and get some yummy pickles. I've been really wanting some crunchy dill pickles all day long now.

Doing pretty good on the eats and water. Lagging a bit in the gym... but funny how the scale moves when I take some time off . It isn't like I was sitting on my duff all day long doing nothing, I was doing other things.

Welcome squeak351

Well off to pop some popcorn... you can't watch a movie without having fresh hot popcorn.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #8  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

I FINALLLY got back to the gym today!!!!!! It felt sooooo good!

Now, I just have to make sure I can control my eating.

It's a beautiful summer-like day here. It's not even noon, and it's about 77*.

Last edited by daydreamer; 03-02-2009 at 03:03 PM.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

This is my first day back to work after being off for a week post-gall bladder surgery. I feel pretty good, but given that I was off for a week, it was so difficult to wake up this morning. I have a ton of email and paperwork.

The great thing about being on this restricted diet is that I do not eat deep-fried fatty foods, and I can already see a difference. I had my weigh-in this morning. I have lost 5 pounds!! Hooray!!! I was so happy when I saw that on the scale. That will make a total of 11 pounds lost.

My dear spouse bought me a George Foreman grill over the weekend. It’s the brand new one with temperature controls and removable plates for easy cleaning. Now I can just throw a chicken breast on there or turkey burger. I love it!
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

Not much going on today......weight is still the same, which I'm not surprised about considering last week was Mardi Gras and I ate lots of fried chicken and didn't work out much. Kinda frustrating, but at least I didn't gain.

Got a pretty decent workout in this morning before I went to bed....did 20 minutes of core, 20 minutes of upper body and 40 minutes of step aerobics. Have to work tonight, so no real exercise other than running around with my head chopped off (gotta love mondays)!

Welcome Squeak!

Sapphire, glad to hear you're doing good after your gall bladder surgery. One of my supervisors had her surgery last year and lost 40 pounds after her surgery.

Has anyone tried colonics??? A girl at work is doing monthly colonics and daily Acai berry supplements and has dropped 15 pounds in 3 months she has done it(states no change in diet/exercise). I'm just curious if anyone else tried it and had any results with it.
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #11  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Boy, I'm really fighting a case of wanting to just throw in the towel and give up. I know comparing to other's success is a bad thing to do.....but I'm doing it. DH has lost 19 lbs, my friend has lost 17 lbs (we all started at the same time) and I've lost my measly 14 (I spent most of last week hungry, btw....and I ate my allowed points/calories). I know it's gym-related (not going regularly). In this respect, I'll be sooo glad when my 3 year old starts to pre-k. I spend most of my time cooking for others and it makes losing really, REALLY tough. Even DH was just telling me a while ago, "You should be very proud of what you've lost since you're around food all the time!" He's told me he'd be a house if he had to cook pizza and macaroni and cheese all the time like I do. (My 3 year old has trouble gaining weight, so we feed her high calorie stuff to try to get her to gain weight.) Right now I'm stuffing pretzels (4 points worth....all measured out...will take my points up to 11 for the day so far, which is really good!) There's a whole pot of macaroni and cheese on the stove in there....and I'm stuffing pretzels. I guess atleast I'm eating pretzels instead of macaroni and cheese, huh? Having taco soup for supper (3 points per cup) and mexican cornbread. If I don't show some kindof loss tomorrow, I'm really hoping I don't hit the macaroni out of pure frustration. Encourage me ladies!! I'm countin' on ya!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All,

Diana, Hang in there!!

Squeak,

I found an awesome pizza dough recipe! It got 309 great reviews, so I tried it. Of course I had to use all AP flour, since i Haven't been shopping to get WW. I made it in the bread machine, then rolled it out. I separated it into 4 pieces first, and cooked one. Rolled it out rectangular, and put some sauce and cheese on it. It was really thin and crispy.
Here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amazing...st/Detail.aspx It made a really nice to work with dough. Try it! We're going to make the rest of it for dinner tonight.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #13  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Well GOOD AFTERNOON!

It's sun shiny here in Texas. A little cool for my taste, but nice. I still haven't joined a gym. I need to make a decision & get my booty in gear. I'm doing something a little crazy, but I want to lose 20 lbs in 20 days eating right and exercising. Let's see what I can do!

I would love to be under 200 when I go back to Florida this month!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #14  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Diana- I do know how you are feeling...my husband THINKS about losing weight, and he is down 5 pounds. He just had a fitness test for work today and the lady told him that he has 10% body fat or something ridiculous like that (I blocked out the number when he told me, because it was WAY lower than mine!).

14 pounds is nothing to brush off! Keep up the good work and get your butt to the gym, or walk outside with the stroller. Just do something!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #15  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Um hi.

I'm new here, and have put up a thread introducing myself already. But to make a long story short, I'm Mollie (just call me Mollz) and I just need a little more support than what I'm currently recieving (it's close to the zero mark, except for my husband who gets a couple of points for his support).

It's fairly warm here in New Zealand- about 70-ish degrees. Very sunny. Perfect day for doing laundry.

Diana, good on you for losing the 14 pounds. I have an issue with making anything a competition (only because I'm constantly competing against someone in my martial arts classes and after a while it gets on my nerves!) but if it keeps you motivated, keep it up!

That's it.

Cheers.
Mollz
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote