Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Health Focused Friends - March, 2009

Hello!

Here's a group for anyone, whether you are a Weight Watcher member or just thinking about joining WW, to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!

Last edited by Jane; 02-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

I'm heading to Evansville, but wanted to get this thread started since I'm not sure when I'll be here tomorrow.

Victoria - sorry about the migraines. I wanted to get a goat, but Neal talked me out of it. Sounds like he was right, ha ha. Anyway, I'm glad you'll have help with your garden. There's no comparison of the product straight from a garden and what is shipped to the grocery store, is there? Thank goodness lots of town people get to shop at the Farmers' Markets!

Kathy - the Jonas Bros. concert/movie is today. Wish me luck in the midst of all those screaming little girls, ha ha.

Gotta run....

Last edited by Jane; 02-28-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone

Heres a question for all of you. Chunkster (the puppy) is a foot biter. And he likes to bite the top of your foot, so that it grabs the skin, and it really hurts. How can I break him of this habit I don't want him to bite the little one and so that we can stop kicking him every time we take a step and he is of course attached to our feet?

Jane have fun today. We found out that Sharon, Lois, and Bram (minus Lois) is coming in April to put on a concert, so we got tickets for Cole, 1 nephew and my niece. That should be fun. Also Cole's favorite movie is Annie, so Santa got him tickets to that play coming up on March 10. DH however is trying to get out of going as it is not his cup of tea. As for the goat, our goat took a great liking to Cole. It was quite funny as she was very protective of him. She always put herself in between him and the dogs, if he tried to go down the driveway by himself she would herd him back, and the first few times my mom and dad came to visit she would not let them get close to Cole, she was in between them and she would do a little charge at them. I had no idea that goats were like that. Victoria was your goat like that?

Well I must run, and start my laundry. How much fun is that....
Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I was up early this morning, but spent time doing other things. We have a rainy, possibly thunderstorms today. DH isn't feeling well and since he got his new laptop this week today will be a lazy day for us. (I finally talked him into getting him one.) Not sure we will get to church tomorrow as he is having an earache.

Kathy - DH didn't pick out new glasses. He is going to use the frames he already had.

Jane - Happy Belated Birthday to the twins. Y'all have fun today in Evansville.

CG, Victoria and others MIA and lurkers-

Have a great day.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Trish - is Rock Hill a big place? I missed Survivor on Thursday, and was checking out the website... I noticed one of the contestants is from Rock Hill. The closest village to us is population 500, so the next closest city from where we just moved from a few years ago is 16,000. Nice because traffic is really never all that bad Hope that hubby feels better soon, both for you and for him as at our house the men are never good patients. A couple of girls in Cole's class have invited him to their church, so we went last Sunday and he says that he would like to go again tomorrow, so I guess I better go see what I can find for us to wear.
Have a super day everyone.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey there y'all! Sorry I'm late. I was not on yesterday due to having a doctor appoinment, allergy testing, and a CT scan. Once I got home, I was tired. It has been a rainy day here all day, Since this morning it has gotten colder and windy. Now they say we may get snow tomorrow....YUCK! I had my 3rd WI this morning. I am down another 1.8lbs, to bring my 3 week total to 10 lbs! I am thankful for ANY LOSS! Hope everyone has had a good week. Now we are venturing into another new month with new goals. Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #7  
Not Giving Up

CG - Wow for your loss. That is great. Are you managing most of this loss through diet alone? Or what type of exercise are you doing?

Question for everyone. (Thanks CG for the idea) New Month, does anyone have any new goals for March to help them with their focus to become healthy? For me, I have been working out on the treadmill, and my goal is eventually to enter a 5k walk/jog. But my problem is I seem to think that because I have been working out, this gives me permission to eat whatever / whenever and I will still lose weight. I have been finding out that this is not how it works, so my goal for March is to plan a healthy eating plan, and stick to it. Lindor Chocolates is not a healthy food group.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #8  

Thanks Kathy! I have a longer term goal (hopefully by the summer) to be ABLE to jog. I feel I need to get off more of my weight to be able to maintain posture (I am VERY TOP HEAVY, and I NEVER lose weight there either) and stamina. I feel if I can get more weight off- building myself up to it, I may can do it eventually. I have been doing an exercise DVDs from Prevention during the week to get in some sort of exercise. So a goal for me in the month of March will be to increase my cardio to at least 4-5 times a week. I have also been busy with doctor appointments this week and was only able to get 1 day in this past week. I also hope once the weather gets a little warmer, I will be able to go walk more outside with my iPod. Good luck with your goals!
~Candy~
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Candy - I have been tryin to jog also. I have found a website called c25k.com and it teaches you to be able to jog 5 k's in 9 weeks. I am not going to be able to do it in 9 weeks, but at least I have a guide on actually how to get there. Click on the first Cool Running tab to get the outline. At least it gets me on the treadmill for a workout. My SIL is giving me an MP3 player preloaded with music so that should help put some pep in my step on the treadmill. I got out the WW cookbook, and I am going through it and making a grocery list and planning meals for the next week. I am going to see if that helps me a little.

Jane - She added you.

Hello to everyone. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Last edited by luckycharm; 03-01-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #10  

Thanks for the website Kathy. I will go and read over there and then go from there. Good luck with it when you have built yourself up to it. When do you think you will be ready for it?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Candy - I have finished week 2, but I am not ready to do week 3 yet, so I just keep doing week 2 for the 3rd week around. I am hoping that this week or next week I can push myself to do week 3. However I do not get off the treadmill until I have finished 4 miles. Now to just get the eating under control. Well if you decide to give it a try, we can challenge each other and do it together.

Cody is wanting to bring his girlfriend over for a visit, so he is cleaning the house so she can come for a visit. He has enlisted the help of his little brother. It is so funny to hear the encouragement he is giving to Cole to stay on track. I will have to remember this type of Ninja encouragement because it is working. Now I have to go and show Cody how to run the dishwasher. Proof that this is not normal for him.

Enjoy the rest of the Sunday.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - how's Tony feeling? Better, I hope. I've decided I am NOT buying one more diet or nutrition book. After all these years, and all the money I've spent looking for a new idea for weight loss, it all comes down to "Eat less, move more". With WW, I get the variety I need, and I get the best loss results when I actually follow the plan as written. I'm focusing on healthy foods, preferably grown locally. Just a few months, now, until I'll have my own home grown produce. Whoo hoo!

Kathy - I saw the photos! How cute the baby is, and the horses are stunning. Tell her thanks for including me. My plan for March seems to be the same as yours - stick to my plan. I can't understand why Lindor chocolates aren't listed as a Filling Food, ha ha. Has Cody's gf been over, yet? How cute about the boys cleaning. I loved it when my DDs were dating because they always made sure the living room was spotless. My son didn't care what the house looked like, ha ha.

Candy - my belly weight is what makes my back hurt. Plus, being tall, I have to bend a lot. If I ever become independently wealthy, I'm going to have all my counter tops raised about 5 more inches to help my aching back.

Jen - we miss you and wish you'd pop back in when you can. How are things at the theatre?

Sue - no fair just lurking, lol. How's your mom?

Today I have to go to town and stock up on produce, and also run some other errands. It's sooooo cold out, that I'm waiting until later in the day when the temp rises a bit.

Have a good day.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #13  
Not Giving Up

Happy March everyone.

Well thank goodness only 19 days until Spring. That really only means another month of cold weather, but at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Daylight Savings time is really early this year also. On Saturday we get to change out clocks ahead. Yahoo. I honestly don't know why we actually ever turn our clocks back.

Jane - Thank you. She is quite the cutie, and of course thinks Ama and Poppa are the best. Although, she only thinks she should play with Poppa while I am holding her. Kristi will have to update everything. Cody's GF did come over. It was funny, DH woke up from his nap and I was unloading the dishwasher, Cole mentioned that GF was coming and hubby said then Cody should have been the one to tidy up if he wanted company, I had to tell him that the boys did do all the cleaning, I was just unloading the dishwasher. I had to get him a chair to sit down on. It was funny.
How big is your garden that you plant? What do you plant in it? Do you start some of your plants early? I love this time of the year, as in the sales flyers it is all about plants and getting ready for spring.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #14  

Good afternoon y'all. We had about 2-3 inches of snow last night, and I HATE SNOW! The sun is out thank goodness, to help it melt away. I am a beach person and snow does NOT make me a happy person. But I do get around in it pretty well. I just put my truck into 4WD and away I go!!!!
Hope everyone has a great Monday and make it a great week!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Kathy I am sorry your in snow it made me so depressed when it snowed it felt like bars coming down on a cage. lol Far cry from the joy seeing the land covered with a beautiful blanket of white.
To the goat lovers.... My Betty served a purpose. I have a daughter who is bi-polar when she was 15 she told me she wanted to be a mother by the time she was 16. When we bought Betty she was just 4weeks and had to be bottle fed. My daughter had to feed her before school and instead of a nap she had to care for her after school Betty demanded her bottle until she was almost 10 months. My daughter is now 20 and is still not a mother. Any thing Betty did or did not due beyond that was fine with me. She now is the best friend to 2 7 year old twins and lives on 150 acres.
I can now have a garden again and I am not taking care of a Grand child
Closed Thread