Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #1  

Default Hoodia Bites

I just ordered a 1 month supply. I mainly want something to have after dinner because I graze constantly until bedtime. Has anyone tried them? They were $80.00, quite pricey!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Real Hoodia works **, but this doesn't contain real Hoodia. The only real Hoodia is in South Africa, as a protected and endangered plant. This is just the latest marketing scheme on the billion dollar hoodia scam that's been going on for the past few years. They pay for and conduct their own 'research' so anything you may read about it is biased.

**Real Hoodia has proven to work for hunters in the desert that eat the flesh of the plant on long hunting trips, but it has not been successfully developed. Even Unilever dropped it last year after spending $20 million on research. They said: "Our latest assessment is that using hoodia extract in a Unilever-branded product cannot meet our high standards for safety and efficacy."

Last edited by Jennifer 3FC; 03-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hmm yeah I tried to look them up and I'm not sure what is in them. They say palm kernel oil and soy protein. Usually 'hoodia' products contain some type of fiber but I don't see that in this one. I personally wouldn't buy any 'hoodia' product because you never know what is in it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #4  
No description available.

Hi Shelley,

I don't have much to add to Jennifer3FC's excellent post on hoodia, but I do have some tips to stop the after dinner grazing.

I eat my planned dinner.
Clean the kitchen.
Have a chocolate calcium chew and a full glass of water.
I brush and floss my teeth.

These are new habits and have changed my after dinner grazing habits. Now, sometimes I still do WANT to graze after dinner. In that case, I still do all of these steps to the best of my ability and I tell myself that if I still want something in an hour I can have some fruit and string cheese or something. Most of the time, once some time goes by, I am out of the grazing mood.

It really is about changing habits. And it can be hard, but it is doable. Some folks knit or crochet or eat something like popcorn to make a better choice.

Good luck!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Lol, I was just posting on the Special K Protein Water thread and can attest that some kind of drink like that or as an other poster on that thread mentioned is a less expensive product (Tide Me Over by South Beach Diet) that for me having any kind of a low calorie "special" (to me) sweet but not sugary drink with a little protein and fiber in it to sip in the evening hours or before working a meeting is a huge help with overeating at night.

A tablespoon of peanut butter also helps.

Any little bite of something with protein and fiber is my hoodia.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #6  

Janga-You are funny! Oh well, I already spent the $80.00, and there is a 60 day money back guarantee, so what the heck? I was doing great for a long time, then started the grazing. Last night I ate practically a half bag of twizzlers, and the night before it was about a cup of almonds. I'll try anything right now. I don't know what has happened to me. I just need a little push to help out. I might be sending them back..
Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #7  

Update on Hoodia Bites-I take 1 when I am really hungry and don't want to eat anything. They do seem to take the edge off. They have a nasty after taste. They also sent me the P57, which I took and don't do a thing! I say don't waste your $$. I am going to keep them anyway.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #8  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i take something along the same line, but they dont cost 80.00. they have hoodia(realy hoodia) in them, they take away my choclate cravings, take away the craving to snack. my hubby loves eating chips and dip at night while watching tv..i take a one of my hoodia's and im good to go. and they are low in calories..20 each and taste amazing..
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote