Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for March

Hi,

We welcome anyone who wants to join us. At some time or another we once weighed on Thursdays. If I don't mind saying so.... we are a very supportive group and help each other out anyway we can. We've been through lots together.

Tina, how are you feeling? Take care of yourself!!! Prayers for you and your mother!

Tammy, are you staying warm?

Jeanne, what's new with you?

Dori, when is your spring break? Mine is 2 weeks aways, and I am ready!!

Maureen, how is the new job?

Nothing new here! Same ole thing. Not ready for Monday!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Susan, thanks so much for starting us off. Wow, it's March!!!!!

My mother is going down very quickly. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. I pray that it stays that way.
For me-----recovery is slow. I'm taking it easy.

Tammy, are you sore from all your exercising? Are y'all getting all that snow that I see on the weather maps? I hope Tim is safe going to and from school.

Jeanne, you are so quiet? I miss you.

Dori, all you need is a very long and quiet Spring Break.

Maureen, can you come up for air? Have you been able to lose much on the vega diet? I hope so.

We'd love to have new members join.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Merry March everyone!
I'll catch ya up a little bit! Our getaway was nice. We ate too much and gambled too much and lost too much!!! hahah.....getting the drift?!?!?
We are remodling our family room....yay.....it needs it! We had put it off because we thought we were moving and then we didn't so.........I can't wait! We are getting a flat screen tv for the wall and an "L" shaped couch!
Valentines WEEK was SO busy here at work! Now.........EASTER! My store is set for it and it looks so cute........
We are going away 3/13 - 3/23 ..........Myrtle Beach! And to think I was a wreck leaving the kids for 2 nights. I guess thats what grandma & pap are for! haha! We won't have our laptop with us. It hasn't been working and we don't have a pc at the condo!
AVON - so busy! There is no recession when it comes to womens facial creams and makeup! haha!
Jessica is doing absolutely AMAZING!!!! I couldn't be prouder! She has lost almost 20#. She thrives on the gym. She can't wait to get there. Her & Kait actually talked me into going yesterday with them. I AM SO SORE! I won't be able to go back until Weds. But.........I'm just fine with that!

Tina - I'm glad you are recovering! What did I miss about your mom?

Tammy - Hi! How are you and Tim and Maurice doing? I think mother nature fooled us a couple of days last week with some mild temps cause it's gosh darn freezing here again!!!

Dori & Susan - what are you going to do for spring break? Anything special or just relaxation?!?!

Maureen - Hi! Hope you are doing well!

Well I'm at work (shhhhh) so I better scoot. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am missing you!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #4  

Sorry I haven't been on lately. When my brother was here last week, he agreed that my computer is on its way out. I ordered a new one, and it should be here by next week. Also bought a new desk yesterday. The old one is at least 15 years old, and it has seen better days.

Had some warm days last week (at least for February), but now it is really cold again. And windy!! Little bit of snow flurries, but nothing like what others have gotten thank goodness!

Tina, keeping you and your family in prayers.

I was so busy over at the church for the Emmaus Walk for men from last Wed. till yesterday. I took a 4 hour nap yesterday! I got up this morning to go to aerobics, but I ended up going back to bed for 3 hours. I know that I overdid it. I'll never learn!

Jeanne, Myrtle Beach sounds great! Tim's spring break is next week. I told him we should go to Jekyll Island for a few days. I have a couple of things going on during the week, but I could always call and reschedule. Who knows.

When my brother came and brought the pizza last week, it was great because I really didn't like it! I didn't eat very much at all.

I think it's nap time. I haven't even gotten dressed today. Pretty pitiful.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #5  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Sigh. Things are so hectic I don't know which way is up. I'm emotional as all good out, not so into losing weight at this point, and basically just so ready to throw in the ball. Anyways. I'm not looking forward to weigh in this week and I'm debating on going at all.

My Spring Break is April 13-17 and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm not sure I'll do anything exciting, but a day or two on a beach would definitely be nice.

Well I must run for now. Talk at you all later.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #6  

Dori, I think we have all had that mindset at one time or another. I've had that mindset too many times to count. I have been ready so many times to just throw in the towel completely. Know that you can come here for support, and we'll help you out in any way that we can. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I agree about the beach being nice.

I can't convince Tim to go anywhere. Bummer.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #7  
jeanne

Dori...........ditto what tammy said!
We are all here for you~
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #8  

Well, the new computer arrived yesterday, and it is still in the box. lol Tim was putting the new desk together last night, and the main part of the desk is bent. He got online to the company about getting a replacement for it. That should be here in a few days. It would be nice if it was here by the weekend so Lauren could help him put it together. Gets me out of helping that way!

Leaving for reflexology soon. Taking Tim out for his 21st birthday dinner later at his favorite local restaurant. He is looking forward to their pork chops, I'm looking forward to the whitefish. Yummy! I can't believe he is 21.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #9  
jeanne

Happy Birthday Tim!
Have a great dinner out Tammy!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Tim
It's so hard to believe that he's 21. Wow, time really flies, doesn't it!
I'm glad you'll be going out tonight.
That desk!@! That's the way it is now when you buy things. I'm glad the computer got there okay. Is it another Dell?

I got the rest of my staples out yesterday. I've still got a lot of soreness and discomfort. The nurse thought it would be better after another week. Hopefully, she's correct.

My mother is not good. With the way she's "progressing," we might lose her next week.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #11  

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Tim! Dinner was great. The computer is HP this time.

Tina, I'm sure you'll keep feeling better each day. I am so sorry about your mother going downhill. It isn't easy to watch that happening. Keeping you and your family in prayers.

Well, it's getting late, and I haven't done my Bible study for today yet. I can't get behind because then I have trouble catching up.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  

I have done water aerobics for the past 3 years, but I'm not doing it this session at the Y. Today for our aerobics class, we went to the pool. I almost didn't go because I've done it so much before. This was an entirely new experience! Usually when I have done it, we are in the shallow end of the pool. Not today! We all wore flotation belts, and we were in the DEEP end! Oh my! I stayed close to the side for quite a while till I got comfortable. It was a great workout! I would sign up for a class if I knew it was going to be like that again. Once I got used to it, it wasn't so bad.

Tim's gf will be here soon. We are doing Italian for supper. Eating out too much! I'm keeping track of everything though.

Hope you are all ok!!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, I've heard that the deep end workout is really something! Just the thought makes my abdomen hurt.
Talking about eating out---with me out-of-commission, we've been saving lots of money. People from church have brought us several meals. I'll be able to put some money in savings this month.

How is everyone doing? We are a very quiet group right now.

Come on and post!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #14  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Tina - Sorry to hear about your mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy - Glad to hear that Tim had a good birthday and you are doing good. I've never done water aerobics, but think I may have to look into it.

Well I decided that I would go to weigh in even though I knew I had gained. So I went and I gained 3 lbs. I'm not stopping though. Yesterday I overate, but still tracked my points. Today has been a little better, but not much. I plan on starting back with my exercising and hopefully that will make a difference.

I was supposed to attend a Women's Conference today with my church, but was unable to find a sitter that I felt comfortable with for Teresa. I was really looking forward to it because I definitely needed something geared just toward women. Oh well, maybe next year.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #15  
jeanne

Hi Ladies.............
Urgh...............I feel so fat!!!!!
Got out some capris for the beach and I look like a whale! Oh my!

Tina - Have had you & your mom in my prayers. How is she doing?

Tammy - How was the Italian? We met my brother & his family at Cafe Capris in Boardman last week!!! Yummy!

Dori - Sorry you didn't get to go to the Womens Conf. Maybe next year! They are so spirtual & encouraging, aren't they!!!!

Susan - We haven't seen you since you started the thread, hope you're ok!!!

Well gotta scoot. I'm only a half day at work so I shouldn't spend it on here. heehee! And..........when I leave I have shopping to do!
Have a great day everyone! Hugs to all!