Old 02-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #73

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-28-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Where is everyone today?? I miss you all

Gab and I are still looking for pink western wear, it isn't as easy as it sounds. lol

I had a salad for lunch and ready to go take a nap and get rested for a night at the hoe-down - hee haw....

catch you ladies later!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Susan - Grrrr to the teacher that told Gabby she needed to dress up. Just put her in a pair of jeans, rubber boots, because that is what you need to have on when you clean out the barn, or go to catch the horses when it is muddy, and a white blouse, that is what they have to wear when they are in a horse show with a bandana around her neck. Have a good time tonight at the hoe down. Might be just what you need....a fun night out.

Hi to everyone else.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Susie--i like Kathy's idea--maybe the bandana ca be pink...Have fun!!

Hi Kathy!!!

Sue--didn't know you had skin cancer. They said what mom's did was strange.

Hi to everyone else...kind of a blah day, it's cold again and might snow...Thursday and Friday were in the 60's.....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

PS--I love the ladies in the pic Susan...you always do such a great job on finding them....
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #6  
RosieKate

I love the new pic, too...can I be the one in the red dress?

Just got back from packing food boxes at our church's Community table. Every time James and I do this there are more people coming for food...it's depressing and the need can be overwhelming, yet I'm glad we are there and can help a little.

I think hubby and I are going to cuddle up and watch something romantic..either The Departed on Into the Wild..yeah..Sooo romantic, lol! I may opt for the ultra-violent Scorsese since I am a Scorsese fan.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Carbs today were at 110g and I did 2 hours of exercise..yay for me
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I love the pic too! Can I be the one in the purple?

we went up and visited my parents on Saturday. It was a chore in itself to get motivated to even get out of bed! then we got motivated to get on the road, and had fun up there! my grandma informed my mom that she was going to die tonight......to which my mom said "you told me that two nights ago." seeing my grandma like how she is, it is so out of character for her. She is more or less on the loopy train. she will sit and talk to herself and just ramble on and on. she told my mom that the walls talk to her.

Sunday, well today, is going to be a day of relaxing! Logan got sick before we left to go up north, so I was really hesitant about even going up there in the first place. we are just going to hang out around the house. the kids are all sick, so it isn't going to be a fun period of time for me at least!

Tommy goes on Monday to fill out paperwork for his new job! wish him/us good luck on that one!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #8  
Not Giving Up

Mindee - Congratulations to Tommy for his new job! What will he be doing? I might go out on Monday and look for a new job also. Not sure yet. Anyway, hope that the kids get over their sickness quickly.

Katy - I showed my hubby your post and what a great hubby that you have that he would sit and cuddle and watch something romantic. Then he pointed out what a great wife you are that you would watch something ultra-violent....we still can't agree on what to watch for a movie. What did you end up watching? Guess you guys make a great couple.

Last edited by luckycharm; 03-01-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:28 AM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hi chicas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back!!!!!!!! And I've missed you all!!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I was going through some emotional stuff and I was being all depressed and crap like that. But things are starting to look better.

So for starters..the main cause of all my issues..was my BIL. Things were just not working there. I was seriously unhappy and it was taking a toll on my marriage. I was stressed out and really fed up with the way BIL was behaving. It started causing problems with me & Fonzo. I was always complaining and being really stressed out (Fonzo was majorally stressed out too). I mean, I couldnt even go into my own living room to watch tv, cuz he was ALWAYS playing video games or passed out on the couch. When all 3 of us went out together, he would act like he was soooooooooooooo bored. He called our lifestyle stupid. And ugh..there was just so many many many more things there. The only time me & Fonzo were ever happy was when BIL was at work. How sad is that? We could be alone together and just do our own regular thing. However..things with Fonzo got better, because we realized what the main problem was (his stupid *** brother)...but things with the BIL got much much worse.

To make a long story short...on friday, he decided he wanted to go back to Az. He said he couldnt adjust to life here, and he was homesick and missed all his friends. So we bought him a plane ticket..and he left saturday morning!! YAY!! Then me & Fonzo spent the WHOLE day just being lazy together. Which is something we havent done in awhile. It was totally stress free and wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got to sit on my couch and watch some much tv!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! LoL!!

Anyhoo...so I have a doc appt on March 18 w/the fertility doc!!! Turns out that they do accept my insurence, but I only get 3 appointments with them. So hopefully something will happen!!! Yay!! And my friend sent me this tea to drink that will help boost my fertiliy!! I'm soooo excited to try it out.

I also wanna get back on the weight loss track. I've been eating so bad lately, cuz I've been so stressed out. I started walking again though (well..I started on friday, lol). I also need to get my hair colored again, cuz its looking a little faded..but thats a diff story, lol.

I hope everyone has been well!!!!! Looking forward to catching up with you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #10  
ugggg.....

Francie---sorry to hear you were having such a stressful time, stress causes me to graze....not a good thing. Woo hoo on the fertility doc--what a great friend to send you that tea!!! PS--did you get snow???

Kathy--Roxy is such a cutie!!!! Tell your daughter thanks for adding me so I could check them out!!

Mindee--sorry to hear about your grandma!! but hooray on Tommy staring a new job...Teri starts mid-March at Citigroup. She will work 4-10 hour days--Mon, Thurs,Fri & Sat--she's going to see if the babysitter she still has a slot, if not he will go into the company daycare until we get off work on Mon & Thurs. JR will pitch in now and then and his mom loves Dominic and says she can help out to give us a break some Saturdays....Looks like we will still have him 4 nights a week.

Katy--I think it's good for the kids to be involved. We volunteered a few years at a local Thanksgiving dinner and the kids worked in a soup kitchen with their youth group. I worry things are only going to get worse before they get better.

SusieQ--what did Gaby end up wearing??? Hope you had fun!!

Miss Cristina--come back and visit with us!!!

Sue--how's the workouts going--I forgot how hard it is to do a workout routine with a one year old running around.

Hi to everyone else--gotta get this boy to sleep so i can go shovel snow.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Happy Sunday Everyone

Francie Glad that you are back we have all missed you. Sorry that things did not work out with your BIL. It is definately stressfull having someone else move in with you. Glad things are getting back to normal for you. Glad to hear that your insurance is worked out.

Jules - Yahoo that Teri found a job. Dominic will love having so much attention from everyone. Glad that you will have some help. It is surprising that we don't drop the pounds just running after them.

Sue - When do you head out to Las Vegas?

Susan - Did you have a fun night out?

Cristina - Hope you had a relaxing Saturday. Did you go and watch some basketball?

hello to everyone else. Hope everyone has a super day today. Not much planned here today. Hubby has to work out of town for the next three days, so we will spend the day getting him ready to go. Of course he gets to go to beautiful Banff so I am feeling a little envious.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules & Kathy~I'm happy that the cause of all the stress is gone. I did feel sorta bad towards the end..but whatever. I seriously felt the stress leave my body. I dont hurt as much..and my stomach has unknotted itself, lol. Oh and Jules..yes we got some snow!! Just a little bit though. Did you?
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Francie..Glad to see you back here. I was worried about you. Sending good vibes to you for the Dr. visit. I am glad your stress is gone...can't have stress with fertility treatments, right? We will all think calming thoughts and send them your way. HUGS!

Kathy- We head to Vegas bright and early Wed. morning. I am so ready to see that sunshine! It is mid 70's there right now, which I will take over these mid 20's.

Jules- Workout is going slowly...lol. I watch the tapes where the instructor is "speedy alka seltzer." I keep telling myself she is NOT 60 years old and it makes me feel a little better. I figure any movement for me is better than none, but man, would I like to be able to do this quicker. Yes, I had a cancerous growth on my back which was melanoma and another basal cell. Scary stuff.

Susan- Sorry for the bad financial stuff heading your way right now. Somedays it seems you can't catch a break I know. Keep up your sunny attitude and things will get better. Hey, even if your job is boring...at least you have one, right?

Cristina- Come out, come out wherever you are. Hope things are great with you and the fam.

Mindee- Gosh those kiddos are growing fast...seem like we just read about their birthday party and cakes. Time flies. Hope Logan is feeling okay and that they all are healthy. Good Luck to Tommy on the job.

Okay...I know I am missing some and I am sorry...Love you all, but my oven timer is calling. Ham and scalloped taters tonight.

Last edited by suetalks; 03-01-2009 at 04:35 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Hi Sue--skin cancer is scarier than I thought. It never seemed as serious as the other cancers. Makes me worry of ALL the summers I laid out with baby oil and burned until I got brown!! I have alot of freckles and brown age spots I make hubby look at....we had turkey wraps.

Kathy--you would think with all the chasing and carrying and picking up after and everything else that we would be twigs by now....We work Mon-Thurs then have Dominic Thursday night until Monday morning. I haven't actually slept in for forever. Hubby and I were getting used to being empty nesters and doing stuff together after all these years and now it feels like we are starting over sometimes. I lve Dominic and having him here with us, it's just we need a break every now and then too. I wish Dave would step up and be a man and at least take care of Dominic one day every other weekend or Teri would stay home and do it herself once in a while....enough whining...

Francie--our snow is gone already--Dominic had fun with it this mornoing. We are suppossed to get more tonight--not as much as you are suppossed to get...

Gotta go...
Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up

Francie - I am glad that your stomache is unknotted, and you felt your stress go away. Are you and Fonzo still going to the gym? Hope that you two are able to take a nice walk together.

Sue - Sounds like your weather is alot like ours. I am so sick of winter already. -30 is just too darn cold. I can't wait until our trip to California in 28 days. Also I think that daylight savings time in 2 weeks might help out a little also. A little more sunshine in the day will be so nice.

Jules - It would be really nice if Roxy's dad stepped up sometimes also. We wanted to take DD to the movie as her boyfriend had already seen it, but she couldn't go as he would not watch Roxy. He gets quite upset whenever he is asked to watch her. Also, we had all the puppies that DH and I took care of, 3 of which we started housetraining, good thing there is only the 1 left here, that I have almost housetrained. I asked DD how it is fair that these are her puppies, we put in all the work, but she receives all the financial gain? DH told her that there is to be no more puppies in this house until they have a better plan that does not include us having to do anything.

Well I guess I had better go and show DS how to use the dishwasher. He is bringing his girlfriend out for a visit, so he is cleaning the house so that it looks good for her. Obviously cleaning is something he is not use to doing. Funny that he has his little brother helping him, and it is funny to hear him encouraging Cole. Too bad I didn't have the video camera charged. Anyway off to dishwasher duty.