Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #1  
junior

S/C/G: 150/135/115

Height: 5"2

Default Does anyone think this is possible?

Hi Everyone, am just wondering if you all think a goal weight loss of 20 lbs in 3months is do-able while somersizing and doing light exercise for about a month heading back into longer more intense work outs at the last 2 months?

By light exercise I mean walking, jogging, playing wii!! etc

I am 135 hoping to get to 115 by the end of May!

Thanks Everyone!
foxie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi...welcome to 3FC!!
HUmmmm. It just depends but to honest, it will be difficult. I'm a much bigger gal than you and I stay on plan pretty faithfully, (I've had a few slips). In the last 3 months I lost 10 pounds, 5 pounds & 6 pounds respectfully....and that is with some pretty goods workouts. 21 pounds in 3 months starting at a good 68 pounds more than you weigh now. It might be possible...Good luck! and keep us updated
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Pop on over to the Featherweights forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

When your weight is lower and/or you have less to lose, it's often challenging, but the Chicks who hang out there know all about it.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 02-27-2009 at 11:10 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've learned to avoid setting any goal by dates. For me, they're just too damaging in the long run, because if I set a 20 lbs goal and lose only 15 by the deadline (or even 19.5) I always felt like at least a partial failure. Also, if I got behind schedule, it became very tempting to try to "catch up" by using very unhealthy methods. Making weight loss any kind of race with myself was just a horrible idea.

If you can do it without those pitfalls, and if you can reevaluate your goals if they turn out to be unreasonable, then shoot for it if you must, but realize that there's no way we can tell you if your goal is realistic or even possible. When I was in my 20's at my current weight, I could easily lose 8 lbs a week or even more, and now with insulin resistance and other health problems, my weight loss can be very unpredictable, even when I'm "doing everything right."

Personally, I think goals should be based on things you can control directly, and weight isn't that. You can only precisely control how much weight you take off, if you're using a chainsaw (don't recommend it, very messy). Losing weight isn't a direct action, it's the result of direct actions, so setting your goal based on direct actions makes more sense. Things like "I will exercise 1 hour, three times a week," or "I will use a food journal and follow my food plan."

In other words, make "rules" for yourself and follow those rules the best that you can, whatever weight you lose is your reward. If you aren't losing weight, then you need to change the rules, but you won't feel like you've failed if you don't see the rewards you were hoping to.

Last edited by kaplods; 02-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey, what's the big rush?

I think at your starting weight it would be next to impossible to lose that kind of poundage in that short of a time period, to be quite honest.

What I would do is give it my all - really stay strictly on a sensible eating plan, workout and whatever you get off by May - you get off by May. Then of course you can go on to June and July and August. STICK with that sensible plan and the pounds will come off.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

From your stats, you've lost 15lbs already. So if I were you I'd ask myself how long it took to lose 15lbs, and how close were you to following the plan you outlined above...

I really liked kaplod's suggestion -- define success by measuring things that you directly control and the weight loss will naturally follow.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote