Old 09-06-2002, 11:14 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Somercizers chat Sept 6+

Hi ladies!

I just thought I would start a new thread for us.

Jennifer- well as long as it wasn't something like fluffy pink poodle or delicate flower or something sissy like that, I will stick with sultry and sassy is okay too

Anne- I hope the new meds work for your son.

Aleka-I can't believe they are trashing the whole site either, what a waste.

Nikkic-hope you get good results from your mammogram.

Well I am off to bed but I plan on posting tomorrow so I can keep myself OP. I find the weekends really hard to stay on track.
I am going to a football game tomorrow and lord knows what I will eat there

Goodnight

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 09-06-2002 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:03 AM   #2  

Angry Good morning,

I can't believe it's the weekend again. DH & I went out to dinner with friends last night. I think I did ok. I passed on the bread basket, but my tongue was hanging out while the others dove into it, but it passed I had chicken cordon bleu w/a hollandaise sauce, which I hope was legal, and coleslaw instead of salad. I took a tiny bit of coleslaw in case it may have had sugar in it, but it wasn't sweet in the least bit, so I guess it was ok. I did get a baked potato, which I didn't touch, a restaurant baked potato is less of a temptation for me. Of course our friends had to make an issue of my not eating the baked potato, or a potato in general.

mauvaisroux, thank you for starting another thread. I find the weekends very hard to stay OP. Have fun at the football game. I haven't been to a football game since high school. I really love going to the games, but can't stand to watch it on TV.

ANNE D, I hope that the medication helps your son. I have two friends who each have an autistic grandson. I remember once I was visiting one of my friends, and she had her grandchildren there. When I was leaving, he came over to me and hugged me goodbye. I almost started to cry.

nikkic, I hope you have good results on your mammogram. I honestly can't believe that they will trash everything, especially the recipes on SS website. I will see how being away from that site for 2 weeks is, I may not even go back. Sometimes I get so angry at some of the comments some of the people make over on that site.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:31 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone:
Still hot here in Toronto although it looks like the weather is
going to start to become more seasonable by mid-week.

I have two family birthdays this month one on the 19th and
one on the 29th. I am debating on wether or not I will
indulge in a tiny piece of birthday cake or not. Problem is
There are three more family birthdays in October one on the
11 & two on the 20th, not to mention our thanksgiving

What is a somercizer to do??? I am wondering if carb blockers
work for these occassions or they are bogus.

What do you folks do when these problems arrise and how does
it impact the scales.

Take care,
Anne.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:39 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Anne i can say for a low carber some time the indulgence in a small piece of cake is OK do not totally block all fooods out save the ok treat or when you have a tottaly weak moment you will hog out and start eating all the foods you do not normally eat and then you will have to deal with the cravings and start all over again. what i do is know i have a party. plan on eating OP for the most of it but allow some cheating and limit the cheating. it is what i call a controled off day. it is easier to get back OP and doe snot impact the mind so much. it is not a failure but controled day off plan. for the scale you will see a short term gain depending on how much off you eat. of 2-3 lbs or more if you way over indulge. but that is due to the carbs. carbs will make you retain fluid. so it will last a few days or some times if you do not get back OP immediatly it may last up to a week or 2. but again it is just fluid and will come right back off. drink drink drink and it does help get rid of the fluid
Old 09-08-2002, 10:38 AM   #5  

Angry Hi there!

ANNE D, nasus 40 gave you some good advice about indulging in a small piece of cake. You could also start feeling deprived because everyone else around you will be eating cake. One thing I thought of, if it wouldn't create a lot of negative comments, and if you think it appropriate, make one of SS sugarless cheesecakes and bring that a long for yourself. If you will really feel guilty about indulging in cake, you will have something sweet to eat. What I usually do is eat very light the day I'm going to indulge, then eat light the next day, and make sure I get my exercise in. I honestly don't care what the scale shows because to me that little indulgence is worth it. DH birthday is the 29th of the month.
It is awfully hot here too. By mid week they say it could be over 90 and humid. I really can't wait for fall weather. Are your trees starting to turn yet? I've noticed a few sickly trees and swamp Maples starting to turn already.

Have any of you gone into the SS site and copied recipes from deanie? I just found them and they sound awesome, especially the pumpkin cheesecake.

Last edited by aleka; 09-08-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:51 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone:

Your suggestions are all great!
I wanted to post this link to a recipe site that contains all
recipes on the SS boards. I am sure glad I have this!!
http://slgkali.homestead.com/recipeindex.html
My favorite part of that board was the recipes Oh well
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
Aleka, some of our leaves are down but it is like drought here
in Toronto. All our grass is Brown. Really Really weird.
Anne.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend

Well Imade it through the football game despite the scorching temperatures and the sun beating directly down on us. I was smart enough to put on 30+ sunscreen and wear a large brimmed hat so I didn't get sunburn.

I had two large bottles of water and an ice cream as a treat- no other junk food! Yay! I did it! The game was great, very exciting and evenly matched although our team lost, they have played pretty well this season.

It is still really hot here and everytime the wind blows it feels like air from a blast furnace I must confess that I was out with DH and we both had an iced cappucino from Tim Horton's just to get some relief from the heat. We might go to a movie tonight just to get out of the house. I promise that I will completely bypass the concession stand!
Old 09-09-2002, 12:02 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Mauv, delicate flowers weren't in the idea! Something like Hot Pink Sex-Pot or something....hehe...
Old 09-09-2002, 09:24 AM   #9  

Thumbs down Hi there,

It is to be in the 90's today and tomorrow with humidity. Hopefully it will cool down towards mid week like they say it will. It sure doesn't feel like Sept. Went for my walk early this morning while it was fairly cool.

mauvaisroux, glad you had a good time at the football game in spite of the heat and your team losing. It must be hot where you live too. How long are your weather forecasters saying it will last? I can't wait until it cools down. I really love the heat, but by Sept. I'm ready for it to go.

ANNE D, thank you for the recipe site. I went into it and bookmarked it. I like the way they have it set up. I think between all the sites that people created while the SS site is down, we all won't be put out too much.

nikkic, hope you had a good weekend.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:00 PM   #10  

Hi everyone,
Boy am I a I saw that this thread was started Friday, but I forgot to subscribe to it. I didn't think anyone had posted anything. Then, all of a sudden, I realized there was a new thread. I usually don't check around here unless I get an email saying that someone has replied. I was lost for awhile, now I'm ok.
Well, I ordered the Gazelle today. I was going to go with the QVC one, but I figure the Gazelle is probably heavier duty. I am back to 260 lbs, down 14 lbs. since starting. This TOM thing really plays havoc with my weight. Also, we bought a new scale, this one is accurate. Probably too accurate.
Man is it hot here too! 93 F when I went to the bank a 1/2 hour ago. We really need some rain, I hate to water anything this late in the season, but I will have to if we don't get some rain soon.
Nikki
Old 09-09-2002, 06:35 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone:
It was a scorcher here in Toronto today Tuesday is suppose to be the last day of this heat wave and we should be into
more reasonable weather.

You will love the gazelle Nikkic! It is such a great piece of
equipment. I get a laugh out of Tony Little on his tape. The
guy sure has enthusiasm!!!

Tonight is my jello and whipped cream night. I only eat this
little treat on Mondays and Thursdays. My favourite is Cherry.

It is sure easy to get the water down in this weather!!! October
can't get here fast enough for me!

Anne.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:21 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!

hope you all had a good day today It was really hot here too I am looking forward to the fall weather. I love wearing long skirts with leather boots and a cozy sweater and seeing the leaves turning colors. It is my favorite time of year!
They are predicting thundershowers for tomorrow but we could really use the rain

I made the Balsamic chicken recipe for dinner and it was yummy
DH liked it too so it will be a keeper.

I checked out that SS website that Anne posted and it was pretty good. It had a few of PNeuman's recipes from the official SS site.
Are they just revamping the site or getting rid of it completely?

Talk to you soon!
Old 09-10-2002, 11:35 AM   #13  

Angry Hi ladies,

It was a scorcher here too yesterday and it's going to be again today Yesterday the heat broke a lot of records around the state. By tomorrow it's supposed to cool off considerably. We desperately need some rain also. We are hoping that this sub tropical depression will come our way to give us some much needed rain, but I don't know if we'll get anything out of it or not.

DH bought a new pickup this summer, and today is the day he has the plow put on. We took it over this morning then went out to breakfast. I had this delicious Western Omlette. : and it has stayed with me all morning.

nikkic, where did you order your Gazelle? I'm sure you will really love it. Good luck with it!

mauvaisroux, I think they are just reconstructing the website to make it easier to navigate, I think someone posted on the site that it was to be down 2 weeks. With all the fabulous recipes that people have gone to the trouble to create and post, you would think they would keep them and not delete them. It just seems to me that all that time and energy was for nothing.

ANNE D, DH & I seem to have that Miracle Fluff every night!!!! Even though we don't count calories, I'm sure it has loads of calories, so I think that will be an occasional treat. DH loves the Fluff, and he was so disappointed when I said that this batch is it for awhile. I hope you get your cooler weather and much needed rain.

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:58 AM   #14  

HI everyone,
From what I understand about the ss site is like Aleka said plus they said that there were too many threads, so they are going to delete all of them.
I love the fluff. I haven't made any for awhile, I was eating it morning, noon and night. It's too easy and too good. So, I backed off for awhile. I am making a batch today. My husband loves it too. He doesn't really like sweet stuff, but likes this because it's not too sweet.
I bought the Gazelle off of HSN. They had it for $199 and it comes with 4 videos. It is cheaper from QVC-$121, but theirs is sold out and it only has 1 video. So rather than be patient and wait, I went ahead and ordered the Gazelle. Anne, I sure hope Tony Little can motivate me to stay with it. I don't know why I have such a hard time with exercise. I like to do it, when I do it. I think I am basically a lazy person. In my former life, I must have been a cat, because all I want to do is lay around and be pampered.

It is cooler outside today. We can finally turn off the ac. Last night we sat outside and it was really hot, til the sun went down. I will miss summer anyway.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:54 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!
Still a cooker in Toronto I hate to bring it up but I feel
very nervous today. My thoughts are with this horrific
anniversary that is just hours away.

I pray to God that nothing else goes wrong.

Hope you are doing good on our eating plan. I recieved a
huge email from pneuman giving me pointers etc. I emailed
him and asked how long it took him to lose all his weight etc.
I also wondered where you could buy wonder cocoa.

I printed the email and I will read it on the way home on the
subway tonight. I will pass any good pointers on to all of you.

Have a great day!
Anne.