Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Use SlimQuick? Advice/Reviews Please

I'm completely new to this, but hoped a detox would help jump start my weight loss (need to lose 20-30 lbs).

I just bought the SlimQuick Cleanse and Caplets pack. The Cleanse pills you take for 7 days and they include an exercise and meal plan. After the 7 day cleanse, you start taking the regular caplets (which also includes an exercise and meal plan).

I wrote a grocery for the 1st (Cleanse) week and it was over two pages! Lots of stuff on the list makes sense (fruits, veggies, nuts, lean meats), but some of this stuff I've never tried or even heard of (never use vinaigrettes, and what is tzatziki?).

If anyone has tried or is using the Slimquick weight-loss plan, please offer your advice, experience, and reviews.

Do I have to follow the meal plan perfectly, or can I just get the majority of the foods and try to eat healthy?

If I'm getting everything the meal plan includes, where would it be cheaper to buy it all? Walmart or the chain grocery stores?

Here is their Detox Week meal plan:
myslimquick.com/sites/default/files/file/detox-meal-plan.pdf

Thanks for reading~
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hey, I don't know anything about SlimQuick, but vinaigrettes are usually vinegar based salad dressings (as opposed to creamy ones) and tzatziki is a Greek sauce that is soooooo good, in my opinion. I'm actually surprised tzatziki is on any kind of reduced calorie plan, I always assumed it was a rather rich sauce but maybe not!

Last edited by futuresurferchick; 02-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i have used both the slim quick cleanse and the caplets/ drink powders. i thought they worked really well and i lost some weight but honestly found that when i just switched to eating whole foods, practicing portion control, and calorie counting along with exercise that i got the same results.

so i stopped spending my money on pills and started using it to buy more good foods. in my experience, the pills were fine but i got the same results without them...
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Corazonas is right. You can get the same results without the pills. They just give you the pills to let you believe that they are the cause of the weight loss.

Its just that your now eating right and exercising.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

That's true. I read it somewhere that losing weight is all math.
In>Out equals weight gain
In<Out equals weight loss

Have you noticed that all these diet pills or "fad" diets strongly recommend that you eat right and exercise? Well... even without these "helps," you will still lose weight if you are doing that anyways. So why not put that money towards another workout dvd, gym, healthy food, or even new outfit?!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

I agree with all the great responses on this thread.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Thanks for the input, everyone

I don't expect them to be magic pills or anything.. like with any weight loss plan, I know it won't help unless I eat right and exercise.

I already bought the bonus pack (with cleanse and regular caplets) before I made this post but I still wanted to know everyone's experience with it.

I bought lots of healthy foods that were in their meal plan and I'll start the detox Monday.

I know it said it helps with energy, so that will at least be some help.

*EDIT* I just started a 3FC blog, so I'll track my experience.

Thanks again for your responses.

Last edited by ferretgirl; 02-28-2009 at 02:36 AM.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote