Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:48 AM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Default Sweaty Betties (exercise thread)

Well, started the day off right with some resistance work with hubby-man, will do a video once the kiddie is napping, hopefully... will check in late this afternoon when I hop back on the computer...
Old 09-20-2002, 09:36 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

bringing this back up, let's get back into some exercise!!

This is how I've been feeling.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

walked 2 miles this morning.. half of it in the rain...
found a garage sale along the way.. got Sara 10 really nice items for 25 cents each It was worth the walk.

Dana
Old 09-21-2002, 06:17 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Walked about 2 miles just now, it was really great to be back out there pushing Drake in his stroller. Things have just been so out of whack lately we've hardly been out walking together. I feel really good though so I'll have to try and get back into it.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:37 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Saturday was game day at the ole Alma Mater...I've got season tickets...football in the South is more like a religion than a game, so football games are always crowded, which means we always have to park halfway across the very hilly campus and walk. So, I always get my share of exercise (and this time, a sunburn - forgot the sunscreen! ) on game day.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #6  

Haven't quite gotten back in the swing after my slackoff last weekend. I did two water workouts this week and probably 2 walks.

Then tonight, dh and I went to the park for a walk. We did one round, sat on a bench for a while, then got up and did another. Progress! (My rounds aren't big but it shows I've been able to lengthen walking since I got back to it.)

Dh said today he told ds he could take exercise machine. I flipped. I haven't got back to using it but I've been on it and testing it out again. Maybe he's pushing my good intentions ahead a little.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:44 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Okay, so I love to walk but I don't feel like I'm getting enough of a work-out. I'd like to run but I feel like a pig when I run (and my boobs don't stop bouncing! How embarrassing!). I'm working out every day but not losing like I should.

So, any advice on running. I hear "Start slow" is common advice.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:52 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Back when I ran (and I don't anymore because I'm just too damn lazy), I passed out the following advice to beginning runners:

1. Buy a GOOD pair of shoes! If possible, go to a TRUE shoe store like New Balance (not that Footlocker crap) and have a trained professional help you pick out a good pair of shoes. Expect to spend some money (my last pair cost $90) and wear them only for running. (They'll last longer.)

2. Decide if you're running for mileage or time. I started out thinking I would run for mileage, but it got really discouraging, really fast. I ended up deciding I would run for time. My goal was to run 30 minutes without stopping, mileage be damned. (I didn't meet my goal, BTW, but that's my own fault.)

3. Like you said above, start slowly. I started out running about 4 mph (tested myself on a treadmill) and slowly worked up to about 4.8 mph (again, I quit running - my own fault.)

4. As far as the boobs thing, get a really good sports bra. I cannot run in a regular bra...mine not only bounce - they swing to and fro...the lasting effects of breastfeeding and age...Didya hear the joke about the old man who wanted to buy some lingerie for his wife's 85th birthday? "What's her bra size?" the clerk asked. "Well," the man replied, "She was a 36 C when I married her. Now she's a 34 long." (rim shot)

Last edited by Jennelle; 09-23-2002 at 09:54 PM.
Closed Thread