Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #1  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Last 10-15lbs

Anyone have any tips and tricks for getting off those last 10-15 lbs? What worked for you? I am so ready to kick this last phase and I am so close but I need some serious help! I am eating the purple plan (no lites) and am getting in all my water and everything.. should I be moving to the gold or is that too little food for me? Thanks in advance!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Elizabeth - I'm convinced that exercise has to be added to get things moving, but have had a hard time implementing this and sticking to it!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Elizabeth, I think they don't recommend going under purple without the lites. You could probably try to pick lighter options and see if that helps. I did quite a few take offs to get off those last few pounds.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Have you considered the possibility that your body is happy at the weight you're at? At 5'6" your current weight is considered in the normal range. Brought that up to say you'll hafta probably try a little harder to get your body to let go of those last few pounds, good luck!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Here is a link to a chart. You can easily determine your frame size by just measuring your elbow.

Elizabeth, if you have a small frame, you probably do want to get down to the 135. If you have a large frame, you need to reevaluate your goal. A medium framed woman of your height they recommend 133-147, so you are almost in that range.

I'd be 5'9" in the one inch heels that they say you should be wearing for your height measurement, and I measured my elbow and I have a large frame So they say my ideal range is 149-170, which more then my original goal of 148 which just seemed impossible to get to in any healthy way. This chart made me feel a lot better about the goal I eventually settled on which was 160, and even that has been a bit of a challenge for me.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #6  

I agree that those last pounds are so hard to loose. I've been told that people who don't take lites should follow the purlple plan wich has more protein..which makes your metabolisme work harder and faster. So maybe by switching to gold, you would be getting less protein ..not sure if that would any be better. But i'm from Canada and I'm not sure if the plans are the same as in the U.S.

But I must agree with BarbaraB that take offs and Xpress's realy help at this stage. I wish somebody could give me more info on those last few pounds as well because I am on the same plan and at the same stage too.

It's so hard to try and keep up with the program when the centers have closed down and you don't really have anywhere to go to get the info you need. Glad I found this website though!
tanyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #7  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

thanks for all the idea.. I am a pretty small frame, i was 130-135 until after I had kids getting back every time in between without trying.. this extra weight is stressed induced and I know I could loose about 10-15 more and carry it well. I have a closet full of clothes that I would love to get back into for summer, rather than buying more. Anyhow, tanyaaa, I am in canada too, the plans are pretty much the same.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #8  
Lauren

S/C/G: 208/166/150

Height: 5'5"

I know that there has to be EXERCISE to finish losing and keep the weight off... I just don't have the motivation to work out! As soon as I do, I know I will be able to get the rest of my weight off
lonniecate is offline   Reply With Quote