Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default I will not binge today.

I had a really rough morning with my kids today, and my nerves are wound up. This is the situation where I'm most likely to overeat-- when I just need to relax and calm down. The cereal is calling me from the pantry.

I just wanted to pop in to say, I am through with breakfast, and will not eat again until lunch. I will not binge because it ALWAYS makes me feel worse physically and emotionally. I will not trade feeling better for a few minutes, for feeling worse for the rest of the day.

I am staying on plan today. I will not give in to my emotions.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Good for you! You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Dont give in, you'll be so sorry if you do. Hang in there and have a great satisfying lunch and dinner.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Goood job posting, writing it down or talking about it (pre-binge) always helps me! You can do it!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #5  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I will not either!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #6  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Ah, Heck, ThinPossible --- you know that you don't really want to binge! That is just another one of those insidious little mind games that Fat Pounds run on us. What you REALLY want is a break from your kids -- been there, done that, got the T-shirt and it has baby spit on it!

I can't actually reach through the computer terminal to pull you out for a mini-vacation, but I can book you on a complete 4 minute 27 second trip to silly! And it is thematically correct!

The song? "I ran (so far away)" by A Flock of Seagulls (which you are undoubtedly way too young to have heard of).

The company you will be keeping? Kudjo24, who is a cute teen with sunglasses and a girlfriend with a video camera.

Just click on the YouTube link, turn up the volume and invite the kiddies to dance along. 4 minutes and 27 seconds from now, after you have silly-danced all over your kitchen, you will feel a lot less like binging! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olC0d...eature=related

(Or that is the theory....)
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
Ah, Heck, ThinPossible --- you know that you don't really want to binge! That is just another one of those insidious little mind games that Fat Pounds run on us. What you REALLY want is a break from your kids -- been there, done that, got the T-shirt and it has baby spit on it!

I can't actually reach through the computer terminal to pull you out for a mini-vacation, but I can book you on a complete 4 minute 27 second trip to silly! And it is thematically correct!

The song? "I ran (so far away)" by A Flock of Seagulls (which you are undoubtedly way too young to have heard of).

The company you will be keeping? Kudjo24, who is a cute teen with sunglasses and a girlfriend with a video camera.

Just click on the YouTube link, turn up the volume and invite the kiddies to dance along. 4 minutes and 27 seconds from now, after you have silly-danced all over your kitchen, you will feel a lot less like binging! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olC0d...eature=related

(Or that is the theory....)
Thanks Nunima, love Flock of Seagulls (too young, ha, try 42!) That was very helpful. Kids are all in school now, going to try to do something fun, or at least productive.

Thanks everybody!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think it is so important that we stop and identify our "binge" moments. I got a cold last week. That's a classic, "Things were going so well, until I got sick" moment for me. Instead I told all my family & friends that I was going to stay on plan despite being sick...and I did. If I hadn't announced the potential binge, then I might nit have made it through.

Congrats on identifying a tough spot and making it through!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

If you are stressed and have some time to kill maybe try doing something for you... and only you. A nice bubble bath with candles? Watch a fun comedy? Work on a hobby that you never seem to have time for?
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Well done for posting instead of bingeing... I went from Christmas to last week without a serious binge and really thought I'd broken the habit, but last weekend I was really down and ended up bingeing, and then again today That's why I joined here, I really felt that I needed some support. Good luck to everyone trying to change their attitude towards food...it's not easy but we can do it!
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #11  

I had a heck of a time today AND MY HUSBAND JUST BROUGHT HOME COOKIES

Whatever.

I told him no one could have a cookie until I go upstairs.

I think it's National Torment Me Day

Last edited by thinpossible; 02-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 AM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

How did the day end? Did you shove every single cookie down HIS THROAT while you called him nasty names? do you want me to help you??? lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote