Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something daily chat Wed Feb 25th

Morning all....guess i'll start the chat. Nothing really exciting. Still sick (which sucks) but that's life. I have today off, so i'm going to try to take it easy.

hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I'm still home recovering from gall bladder surgery. It's difficult, because I just want to get up and do a bunch of errands.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

I hope you two feel better soon!

Nothing much going on here either. I am at work and its a really boring day! I cant wait to get out of here today and go to the gym! I hate boring days where Im sitting on my butt at work.. Ugh
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/215/185

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm new here. I'm Angie, 33, mother of a 14 year old girl and married for almost two years to my second (and last!) husband, Dave.

I have a ton of things to do this evening, including a parent meeting for incoming high school freshman (I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I'll be the parent of a high schooler this fall!) but I am still hoping to get to the gym. I've been to the gym six days out of the last nine, so I'm hoping to keep it going.

Hope everyone has a great day, and SapphireBlue I hope your recovery goes quickly and easy for you!
Aiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey All!!

Add me to the Boring Day List ... not much going on here. Other then doing a load or two of laundry--- I just did one, and may do a load of sheets and comforters? Maybe?
Trying to think up some ideas for the kiddies to do... was thinking of letting them open up the big box of Play-Doh stuff and making a big ole mess... or or... Gee I am so out of ideas, as we just want outdoors. But really can't as it is a slushy, muddy mess and not so warm that they'd even stay out long. DH sez he'll take them for a zip on the quad when he gets home, but in no way am I telling them that... they'll bug me All Day Long.
So other then tidying things up a bit, I'll be up to nothing. Maybe bake some cookies or brownies? I'd love to make an apple pie-- ahh the scent of freshly baked apple pie sounds so yummmy.
I do have a million and one things to do tomorrow and Friday, so should enjoy today- huh. I did start reading a book... ah, I hate boring, not much to do days.

I hope those that aren't feeling 100% are on their way to feeling better. Rest up.

Well I'll try and drop in later.

Oh, GG.. the chicken wire-- I forgot that you mentioned that. I'll have to let my dh know about that. Makes a lot of sence. Your garden sounds like it'll breing you loads of fresh veggies. Nothing like Fresh picked Free veggies- huh.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #6  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Morning ladies!

Well today is a quiet one for me cause I am going in on nights tonight so I sleep in the afternoon, but this morning I was already at physio and trying to decide now what to make for lunch and dinner...lol

Sapphire I hope that your recovery is going well.

Hope that everyone else is having a good day!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

late morning all..well if got dressed and forced myself to not let this sickness get me. I went out to the barn and took my pony's blanket off since its suppose to be warm again..i wanted to ride but figured better not since still a bit chilly. I then ran a few errnads, in the process of cooking soup for lunch then i have 2 training classes at the aquarium this afternoon. I'm taking a few classes so i can work at the cold water quest gallery...where the beluga whales and sea otters live. So that should be fun. I'm feeling a bit better but still under the weather.

pear- i always love to see your different avitars..you've got some great pear pics. As for the chicken wire..that's what i was thinking..this year i'm getting serious about my garden. We are going to build 4 raised beds within a fence that has a walk way between them. I'm actually going to grow my plants from seeds instead of buying them as plants. In fact i'm just waiting for my warming pad and then i'm going to start growing some of the plants. I hope i'm not too overzealous..this is really my first big attempt at a garden. Last year i grew a few but didn't have much luck since the lighting wasn't the best. I found a great spot where the sun will be a fairly long time. I look forward to fresh veggies....last year we were on a trip to italy and stayed at a villa where they grew fresh veggies...it was amazing how great lettuce tasted straight from the ground, I hope i can do it...i really like the thought of home grown veggies. Dh and i actually had looked into raising our own chickens too..but found out we don't have enough land per county laws..bummer..i think chickens would have been fun. I really want to live more off the land. we'll see..i'm still debating about the asparagus since it takes a good 2 yrs before you can benefit from the crop..but man i love aspargus...so may be worth it.

sapphire-hang in there..hope you feel better soon.

aiela-welcome..great place for help and support.

check back later!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies!! Wow, been a busy day and it's only NOON!! I'm sittin' down for a few w/lunch and then back up and at 'em. I'm sooooo excited....yesterday, I TOTALLY ROCKED and KICKED SOME BUTT with my eating!! I know I'm not supposed to go below 18-20 WW points (no one is, no matter what their size), but yesterday, I was at 18!! I figured with the HORRIBLE eating week I had last week, one day wouldn't hurt me. I was slightly hungry when I went to bed last night, but it was the BEST HUNGER I've ever felt! Kinda weird, huh?? Soooo, I'm offically back on track...have done well so far all week. I asked DH to not suggest places to go out to eat where he knows there's a chance I'll blow it. He did that last week and I blew it. I know I should be strong enough to say no, but til I reach goal, he's gonna have to help me be strong...heck, he'll probably have to help me even after that. I'm not very good at taking responsibility for my actions, I guess...when it comes to eating, anyway. Oh well, I guess we all have our flaws.

Well, I'm glad our sickly ladies are mending.... Hope you continue to feel better!

I'm off to accomplish more....or try to! Have a lovely day, ladies!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-25-2009 at 12:48 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

I've been busy running here there and everywhere today! Too bad it was in the car, not actually running!

Diana, girl, you've really gotta stick closer to your target points range. I wouldn't be proud of being at 18 for the day...unless you were sick and had to force the food down! Are you attending meetings, or are you an online member? Maybe it would help to attend some meetings to get a better idea of what your should be doing to be successful.

Have a great evening all.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am home alone which is a total rarity at my house. I had to leave work early to take the puppy to the vet for the big rabies shot, so hubby picked up the kids from daycare and they are not home yet. They must be getting hot chocolates or doing something fun. Anyway, it was nice to be home and sit at the computer and not have to multi task.

I am going to a jewelry party tomorrow and bringing cheesecake from Costco which is my total favorite food in the world. I am hoping that the cheesecake will be so heavenly that I won't even want to snack on all of the other goodies. That's my plan.

I made a goal to lose the last 6 pounds by April. So, I now have a new goal, but I have to get rid of the girl scout cookies that I have stashed in my cabinets at work. I might just have to whip them out in the break room.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #11  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

GG--- Thanks on the compliment about the avi. I love finding new ones.

As for gardening, I hope that I succeed in my attempt this year too . I hope I am not taking on to much. Last years garden was smallish- this years is (I hope) going to be BIG. I really want to have an over abundance of fresh veggies. The taste is yes... delish. I am going to try snap peas or snow peas ... hoping that they do well... as I love munching on them. The kids saw some *red* and *purple* carrots, but my youngest also told me he wants Long carrots to much on. . I am planning my garden with my mil and mom (they are each doing ther own), so we shall see what we have between the 3 of us. Hopefully loads of veggies.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote