Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tuesday, 2/24

Mornin' All!

Just starting the thread for now...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I could have sworn I posted yesterday, but now that I look back on the boards, it looks like I didn't bummer. It has been a long weekend. I had been posting for the last week, since Valentine's Day that I had been experiencing stomach issues.

Well, Saturday, I had date night with hubby. We had a lovely dinner out and then went to see Madea's Family Reunion. That movie was so funny. Anyway, back to the subject, towards the end of the movie, I was starting to get the same pain again. By the time I got home, I was in agony, and throwing up. I finally told hubby, " I have to go to the emergency room. I'm dying." I got in the door and didn't even have to go to the waiting room. They took me straight back. I was diagnosed with gall stones.

I had surgery on Sunday morning. I got home yesterday. I'm off for the next week. I am just doing little bits at my house. No lifting, no standing too long. Just playing on the computer, knitting, reading, and kicking back. I'll be fine.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #3  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

This week is already starting off better. My kids are all almost 100%, so now I can get back on track. Even though I wasn't able to exercise, or really even focus on me at all last week, I managed to lose 1 pound!

I'll be spending today scrubbing my house from top to bottom, so I think that counts as exercise. Right?!!? lol
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo all. I'm sort of poking my head into this forum...I'm 31 and just wanted to say helloooo.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Howdy Gals!!!!

Been doing pretty good in the eating and exercising dept. Upped my water intake again, as I was sluggish with it this weekend. All in all I am on par.

GG, I think it was you who mentioned the fence for the garden. We are planning on doing that. Just need to find one, haven't even started looking yet- though. What do you put in your garden?

I am hoping that having a garden (that is plentiful and NO bunnies) I'll save quite a bit of $$ not having to buy veggies. My kiddos could easily chow down a whole bag of baby carrots and a bunch of cukes and snap peas. So those are definitely some of the things we'll be growing.

Sapphire--- Take it easy girl. Glad you were able to figure things out and get it taken care of.

Well just a fly by. I hope all you gals are doing well.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #6  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!! Happy THIN TUESDAY!!

Just checking in...gotta go to the gym after school today and walk for about 35 minutes. Then I am taking my sweet girl to dance class! Have fun!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #7  

I'm checking back in. I had a rather off-the-wagon weekend food wise- could have been worse I suppose but it was bad enough. I also lost my exercise mojo. I wonder why I do this to myself everytime I accomplish a significant goal? No matter. I'm not going to STAY doing this. My food is back on track today and I'm going to wedge in some exercise if it kills me- and it might after almost a week without it.

Sapphire- take care of yourself. Gall stones are the worst! I hope you recover quickly.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Sapphire, sorry about your weekend...although, I'm quite sure you're glad to have the problem figured out and cured? Glad you're on the road to recovery! Hope it's a speedy one!

Wow, bindersbee, you're really kickin some pound's butts!! WTG!! I'll be soooo glad to join you in onederland!!! I can't wait....although at my current rate of speed, I'll be waiting a while to join you there. oh well, I'm doin what I can do!

Well, I'm doing really well today with eating, after a VERY ROCKY last week! Okay, it just plain ole stunk. Nothing about it was good....from eating to everything else. I'm sure I gained some weight, but I'm back on plan now and doin' great since yesterday! Haven't been to gym, but I painted and cleaned yesterday and have been shopping today, so it's not like I've been a total couch potato, ya know?

Welp, I guess I'm off of here....got plenty to do and it's not gettin done.

Have a super duper rest of your week everyone! See ya probably tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-24-2009 at 04:59 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..well i'm sick right now..actually had to leave work...i think i have the flu or something..god i hate being sick..but luckily i have tomorrow of.

sapphire-wow sorry to hear about your surgery...but glad you are doing well.

pear-i'm planning on putting up a normal looking fence and then using chicken wire attached to the fence..as for my plans for the garden...zucchini, cukes, two types of lettuce (mixed spring and looseleaf), kentucky blue beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, swiss chard, and possibly some watermelon. I'm planning spinach, winter squash, and starting my asparagus in the fall. We'll see how it goes...

hey to everyone else..hope you guys are well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Pear - I didn't read your last post, but from what I gather you have bunnies? And a garden? We had a rabbit and had to fence the garden. My husband makes a rockin' garden every spring. We have tomatoes, corn , beans, eggplant, peppers, cukes, squash and he puts flowers through out it so it is beautiful. We have a bench out there and love to sit by it and just hang out.

sapphire- I am sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad that you found a cure. I had the same thing and I know how horrible the attacks are. I just had a baby when I had the surgery so I had to have my mom come and stay with me because I couldn't pick up the baby for a few days. It was bad timing, but worth not having to go to the er.

I hope everyone has a great night.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #11  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies!!
Well it has been crazy here over the weekend and this week so far. Busy at work and I am pooped. I managed to get in some exercise and I made my self do the stairs at work. I am down another 1lb this week so total of 3!! I guess that isn't bad. Better than a gain.
I will be back tomorrow to post more. I am pooped....off to bed. I need to go back on night shift...lol that is when I function best!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote