Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Strange things related to weight loss

I've recently noticed that I'm having a hard time adjusting the force I need to put forth when I move. The other day hubby and I went to eat and when I got up out of the booth I shot out of it a little too forcefully. I didn't fall but I kind of had to catch myself. I had to laugh at myself over it. I mentioned it to my husband after we got outside and he said he's noticed me doing that. I do it in bed too, when I roll over I flip too hard. This really cracks me up, but it is strange how long it takes our minds to catch up.
Anyone else have some strange happenings to share?
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Mine has to do with the very heavy plate glass doors & revolving doors on modern office buildings. It's the opposite of your problem, though. I used to just place my hand flat on the door & push a bit to open it. Now I find the doors aren't yielding so easily. I don't have the mass & weight I used to. I really have to get my shoulder into it, too.

Last edited by saef; 02-23-2009 at 07:06 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oh, I hear you! I tried to shift my weight on the ski lift a couple of weeks ago, moving like a Big Girl... I looked pretty silly when I fell off the lift!! At least I lay flat until the chair went over me and they stopped the lift.

'Are you hurt, ma'am?'
'Umm, no - just embarrassed!!'

HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #4  
Meow

These are hilarious!! I notice though I haven't lost much weight yet but I was heavier at a younger age, so I am down from that point in time.. but I find it easier to get out of bed and I kind of launch myself if I am not paying attention lol
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Maybe this is why I'm so clumsy. lol I never thought about it.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

the high heel thread made me think of another funny thing that happened to me lately. My feet have shrunk because of the weight loss. Not a lot, almost a half size, but now some of my shoes are a bit loose. A couple of weeks ago I was wearing these heels when I was late to a meeting. A man was holding the door for me as I was running up the steps and as I hit the top step my shoe flew off. He laughed at me and said "slow down, you aren't that late!"

Last edited by H8cake; 02-24-2009 at 12:58 AM.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #7  
FB

I sit down really gently in chairs, ease my way down carefully out of long habit. I've been consciously flopping myself down to break that habit!

I trip over the sidewalk taking my son to school everyday admiring my reflection in windows. I still can't believe it's me! I suppose the other parents think I should get over myself - since they see me do it everyday and never knew me heavier.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I know exactly what you mean, with both instances you describe. Exactly. And I too get a big kick out of it.

One thing that stands out. I used to have to sit sooo far away from the table while I was eating. I didn't fit into the chair properly since my behind was so large, my stomach stuck out so far and I didn't want my enormous chest laying on the table, so sitting close to the table just wasn't an option. Well, I still sit so far away from the table. My family, especially my DH always tells me, "it's okay, I can move in, I can move in, there's nothing in the way anymore."
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #9  
One pound at a time...

I love this thread. I notice that I suck in my stomach (out of habit) if I have to squeeze through an area (i.e. between people, etc) and I think I am too big to fit through. I still walk into a bathroom stall sideways.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Rockinrobin and ChocLabLover,

You have both done so well! How long did it take you to lose your weight?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Rockinrobin and ChocLabLover,

You have both done so well! How long did it take you to lose your weight?
I started in June. I am working with my doctor, low cal, low carb diet.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Carol,

Congratulations! That is impressive. You are losing much faster than I am. I am fighting a battle with impatience right now. I need to just get over it!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #13  
One pound at a time...

It will come, believe me. Keep in mind that everyone's journey is different and it is fustrating a lot of the times. Weight loss will go at its own pace depending on your metabolism, etc. Keep in mind that I am really active. For me though, what excercise I did, did not really matter. I find that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% excercise. I am really carb sensitive. When I started cutting back on carbs (and processed food in general) it started to work for me. Keep at it, you will get there. You have already lost 40 lbs, that is great!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

H8Cake, I adore those shoes! Super, super cute.

The main thing I have noticed is how easy I go up the stairs now. The other day I went to sit in the backseat of a 2-dr car and it was easy to "gracefully" get out too.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

ChocLabLover, I agree 100% that diet does make up the vast majority of weight loss. Yes, exercise is an important component but diet is where it's at. When I first began, I lost 20 pounds in three months by changing my diet alone.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote