Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Default Fibromyalgia #182

Hope everyone doesn't mind that I started a new thread. I would ask that our moderator please "sticky" this? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. Very chilly here this morning...and windy! Our guests are leaving for central Florida for an overnighter which will give hubby and I some much needed time to get things done. They will be coming back here tomorrow.
All the sick people in the house are feeling much better but hubby has a lingering cough and my GF and I still have some sinus/congestion issues. I've been irrigating with saline which has helped tremendously. Hopefully I won't end up with a sinus infection! I'm having trouble getting more weight off...must be all the cooking I am doing! Maybe I can get back on track today. This cool weather does give me a bigger appetite! That's not good.
Candice, I had to stop with the baking. Too many good things around the house didn't help hubby's glucose readings. He really needs to watch his sugar/carb intake or he will find himself in trouble with his doctor. He does like his banana with lunch every day though.
Mima, glad you enjoyed your company. Did they spend the night or was it just a day visit?
Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #3  

Kate, thanks for starting the new thread! Hope someone will do the sticky thing for us.

I have been having some sinus issues lately too. I've been dizzy, and I wonder if I'm getting another ear infection. Not easy to do aerobics when I keep falling over.

Tim even mentioned tonight how tired I've been this week. I get at least 7 hours of sleep at night, but a couple of afternoons I've taken naps that have lasted up to 3-4 hours long. Mon. and Wed. of this week though I was on the go from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM, so that might have something to do with it.

Maurice makes me laugh each day. I am so glad that I decided to get him. I know he was such a comfort to me in the fall when Tim was still away at school. Having Tim home this semester has been wonderful.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #4  

Frank and Joan have been here for 2 nights-what wonderful people-He and Brad have so much reminiscing about their days in Youth Group. We hope we will see more of them when we are home. Frank and Brad have worked on jobs together.
My neck keeps spasming ???? and my toe hurts-need to soak it more. I will call for a massage. Brr for the cold.
We went out to eat-their treat and I had grouper. Joan gave us 2 leftover porkchops so we will have leftovers tonight.
They are leaving to go to the Villages this morning-more friends. I would love to see that place.
We went to the Flea market-I did get a rug sample to put in front of my chair but def will go to Penney's
the rest. Hope you are ok, Tammy. Do you have a netti pot to drain your sinuses-Kate?? Reda about them and you can buy them at the drugstore. Mima
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #5  

Tammy needs the netti pot too! Yes dogs are special

Mima..soak your toe.......

Kate..gald you are on the mend.

I haven't been out so had to bake to destress....I relaxes me. But we do eat too much..I send them off to my boys and put int he freezer so dH does not eat abunch.

Supposed to snow but It may have missed...hope so!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #6  

Mima, that's nice that you've had such a good time with your friends. I've been to the Villages, and it is a neat place. We were only there overnight, and Bob and I had talked about going back sometime. I've been looking for a rug for the kitchen, but I haven't decided how big or what style or anything yet. I told Tim that I"ll know it when I see it.

I've never used one of those neti pots, but I know others who have and swear by them. Might have to break down and give it a try. Candice, send some of your baked goods to me! LOL

Not sure what's on the agenda for the day. I have my Bible study materials out on the dining room table, so that's where I'm headed when I get off of the computer. I need to go to Wal Mart or Meijer and get a few things, but I'll wait till later to do that.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. Chilly this morning on our walk! But the sun is out and it is warming up fast. My guests should be arriving back here anytime now. My GF will be leaving on Wed. but not sure how long her hubby will be staying after she goes. I think he has plans to visit other friends on the west coast. It has been a peaceful 1 1/2 days!

Mima, I have been irrigating my nose with some OTC saline nasal stuff, tilting my head from side to side to make sure it gets into the sinus cavities. I am still feeling a bit stuffy from this cold/flu but my main goal is to avoid a sinus infection. My equilibrium feels a bit off today as well...you know, that walking into walls/dizzy feeling?? I will check out this "netti pot" gadget though...sounds like something very old-school! I am thinking perhaps your neck spasms could be bed pillow related?? What type of pillow do you sleep with? If I toss and turn at night, I usually end up with a stiff neck the following day. I use a chiroprator's "water" pillow. It's got a chamber you fill with water in the center. Nothing like the sound of "sloshing" water to lull you to sleep!
Trying to get my computer info backed up and printed off as I need to make an appointment with the tax guy this week. Finally got all our statements in so I can get our return filed and over with.
Have you heard anything more about Joanne Tammy? I do hope all is well and she is getting better. Your body must need the sleep for you to want to nap so I say go for it! If your body tells you things, it's good to listen to it.
Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #8  

Those little "neti pots" are so ....cute?? How much saline do they hold? They have an assortment for sale on Amazon.com and I'll bet the constant flow from one of those would sure take care of any "ills" up there! Thanks, Mima. I think I am going to purchase one!
My guests have arrived "home". They certainly love being in my little environment. My hubby is snoring away in his recliner as we speak and my GF is stretched out on the couch doing an "acappella" to his snores! Such a sight! Perhaps a digital photo is called for !!!
Making a Lime Shrimp salad for starters and then grilled hamburgers with sauteed mushrooms and onions for dinner. Side dish of Jamaican black beans and brown rice. Looks yummy. I have to watch those carbs though as my scale is not reading any weight loss this week. Company can be such an excuse, huh?
Hope everyone is doing well......
Old 02-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #9  

Good day to you all. Hope all is well with you.

Mima - glad you enjoyed your company. Watch you don't get an infection in that darn toe. I got a really nice rug for a really good price at a Liquidation Center. It is perfect for what I wanted.

Kate - I use a Neti Pot and I love it. I bought mine at Walmart and it came with the saline packages. Othat than that, take a cup of boiled wated, add a teaspoon of salt, and let it cool down. Then go for it. Takes just a couple of minutes and then it is done. I use Saline Spray as well.

Dinner sounds good - what time do we start ?? Glad everybody is feeling better.

Candice - I bake to relax as well. Hope your toe is now better. Perhaps as the nail grows over it will heal. I go to the Dr. on Tuesday about my foot. Sure isn't gettin g any better.

Tammy - glad that you and your doggy are a team. That is good. Spring is coming, only a few days left of February, and then we are on our way. I have grass outside my window and it is turning green. Been warm and all the snow is melting - having said that, next week it is to get cold and snow for days on end, so that poor grass will be all covered again.

Well, I have to go make dinner. Have Sole Fillets and veggies, salad etc.

Enjoy your evening.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #10  

I haven't heard anything lately about Joanne. Hopefully she'll be home soon and will be joining us again.

Kate, I think you are right about the sleeping. I fell asleep reading this afternoon. I told Tim that I hope to be in bed by 11 tonight.

Anne, that dinner sounds good too!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #11  

Hi. On the news the other night, they were saying that OA causes extreme fatigue! It was a new "discovery" and now they are working on a medication that could help correct that WOOHOO!!! All this time I thought it was caused only by the FM.

I sure hope JoAnne gets back with us soon.

Also, I forgot. When you want a thread to be stickied, you have to send a message to the moderator. That would be Meowee for us. I sent her a message and she kindly came a got us STUCK!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #12  

Thanks, Anne. I just saw the place where you start a new thread-now I will be able to do it.
My shoulders are much better-stress relief and I took my 3rd pill yesterday of methotrexate. Rest of the body hurts though.
Toe is good and I bought some fungus med for it because I read it could be a fungus causing the bail to grow thick and ingrow. If that doesn't work, I will go to podiatrist.
We watched Fireproof last night-wow-what a great Christian movie about improving your marriage. I cried.
Going to make a baby quilt for one of the couples back home-I think I will do a Noah's Ark theme. Gotta go to Joanne's.
Boy, that pillow sounds great. I hold tension in my neck. My aunt used to say I was born with an extra set of nerves.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #13  

Anne, I also thought the fatigue was just from the fibro. I have been so tired lately that even Tim has mentioned it several times.

Mima, I'd like to see Fireproof.

Email from Eleni says that Joanne is home. I'm sure it will take a while to get her strength built back up. Continue to keep her in prayers.

I made meatloaf today. That is the first time since Bob died. That was always one of our favorites. I cried while I made it, and I cried while I ate it. Tim had talked to me earlier in the week about making it, so we did it together.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #14  

Good morning, I have done that crying-it does stop but not right away. Memories are so funny. I would advise against that movie for you , Tammy, because it might make you cry even more. But it sure is wonderful.
PTL Joanne is home. Hope she has home health aides to help her.
Brad is going to the airport to pick up his cousin and her husband for our friend, Joyce, which is how we met her.They come to visit her.
The skin doc is taking out my basal cell this afternoon. Simple surgery-not Moh,s. But it is near my eye,
I am saying goodbye because my page keeps leaving, Mima
Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone. Great to hear Joanne is back home. Thanks ,Tammy. Hopefully she will be up to posting soon! It's hard to not think of someone who has passed when doing simple things that bring on memories...like cooking favorite foods or going to favorite places. Just try to remember that they are still with you and watching over you spirtually.
Just a couple more days and my guests will be heading home. At least my GF will be...not sure about her hubby. I think he may head over to the west coast to visit another friend. Last time he came for a visit, he stayed a month! Poor Queenie....without "her room" for another few weeks! As long as he helps out with buying food I guess we can do it.
Mima, good luck with your skin surgery today. Hope everything goes quickly and painlessly. I'm feeling very tired this morning. I have been sleeping okay but for some reason I have no energy and feel run down. I wonder if my FM is acting up. Maybe I'll listen to my body and go nap. Hope everyone enjoys the day. It's cloudy, windy and cool here today. We might even get some rain showers. Bye for now.
Closed Thread