Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default 4th -4 wk. challenge PLEASE JOIN!

I'm starting another challenge. It started on 9/16-10/14. All you have to do is figure out how much exercise you plan to do in the next 4 wks. and post your weekly totals by Sun. I will tally up the totals on Mon. Happy exercising!

Jacksonmom...goal 60 mi

Kina...goal 100 mi.

4myself...goal 30 mi.

madtypist...goal 100 mi.

Daretobeu...goal 40 mi

Stef...goal 200 mi

Last edited by jacksonmom; 09-19-2002 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:25 PM   #2  

Hi Gang---For this goal I will do 40 miles (10 each week). A quick question---do you count the miles you've walked normally thruout the day, or just those that you're exercising??? Good luck everyone!!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Oops I forgot to post my last total. I was still short (I made 202).

I'll aim for 200 this month. I think the weather closing in will prevent my extended lunchtime walks!

Stef
Old 09-19-2002, 08:29 PM   #4  

Welcome back stef and daretobeu! My computer is having problems so if you don't see me for a couple of days that is why. But I will keep updating weekly! So evryone please post and join in!
Old 09-20-2002, 12:32 PM   #5  

Jacksonmom,

I walked 5 miles this week. I'll try to do better next week!!

4myself
(9/16-9/20)
Old 09-20-2002, 07:42 PM   #6  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

4myself~~~~The week isn't over yet sweetie. Unless you know you won't be doing any mileage on Saturday or Sunday. And don't stress yourself over doing better. You did excellent. That is a great start. You know we are so busy in this world so 5 miles is a great accomplishment and is a whole lot better than 0 miles. Keep up the great work.

Kinarina
Old 09-21-2002, 08:46 PM   #7  

Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!

How are ya all doing????????? I hope everyone had a good week.

I rode 37 miles this week so that was a good week, on Monday I got out twice so that was a bonus.

Next week I will probably have to get into the walking a mile tape,, I don't like that idea, oh well I will have to get used to it, I just don't know how to compare the walk a mile workout to my bike riding. It sure is more of a workout doing the tape, but not milage wise. Oh well I will figure something out.

Have a great week!!!!!!

Suzanne
Old 09-21-2002, 11:03 PM   #8  

Hi Gang---I did 15 miles this week. Gonna push myself to do the extra 5 miles a week. Had some family problems--daughter broke her pinky toe, son had his messenger bag stolen at school, and my dad is doing his %$#@^stuff at me again--so the extra miles relieved some stress!!! LOL I like to keep track of my miles from Sunday to Saturday--its easier for me. Hope everyone had a good week--Janel
Old 09-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #9  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Eee gads, missed a week as I was out of town on business. Would still like to get in tho. Put me up for 30 again. Will have 0 for this first week - we're getting a new treadmill Tuesday and DH took apart the old one while I was gone But, I will make up for lost time. Thanks again for keeping this going Jacksonmom - you're an
Old 09-22-2002, 07:47 PM   #10  

Talking Count me in!

Sign me up for 40 miles (for the month)!! Now all I have to do is drag my butt out of bed in the morning to do it! That and stay away from the chocolate!

Last edited by novachaos; 09-22-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:41 PM   #11  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

IS it too late to join. If not I will walk 35 miles for the month. I am so glad that I found this challenge. I have been looking all over for walking challenges.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:53 AM   #12  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Turning in mileage really quickly before I head for the showers. I was trying to get as much in before the weekend was over. My total mileage for this week is 33 miles. I missed a day of exercise. I am shooting to exceed that this week.

Welcome all of the new challengers. It is not too late to join. It is a great motivator. The Angel in disguise Jacksonmom is the one to calculate our mileage at the end. But it is certainly not too late. We have 3 weeks left in the challenge but you can certainly get plenty of mileage in 3 weeks! Just put your best foot forward.

Talk with you all later. I am off to the shower and then to dreamland. Bye.
Kinarina
Old 09-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #13  

Oh my goodness, how did I let this slip by me.....

I'm going to do 500 minutes for the four weeks. Only did a mere 90 minutes (what I can actually remember) last week.

500 - 90 = 410 minutes to go
Old 09-23-2002, 01:00 PM   #14  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Woah! This thread is certainly getting popular! We should probably have badges or something I met Jackson Mom's Challenge

I did manage my 50 miles last week - a spot of house hunting on Sunday certainly helped! No luck though, and no-one seems to want our flat either

Ho Hum. The scales still haven't moved, I am going to have some stern words with them later! But I will have to admit defeat. Exercise alone really doesn't shift weight - you really do have to watch what you eat as well. I knew that really, all my disseratation info said so, my own research said so but I still had to prove it for myself - stubborn or what?!?!?!

I lost my pedometer but as they are so cheap I will be buying another. But that does mean I will be guesstimating for a couple of days!

Stef
Old 09-23-2002, 02:06 PM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello everybody! Can i get in on this???

I will work towards 35 miles for the rest of the time left...

By the way I am currently walk/running...I am trying to work myself up to running a 5k...so I have been doing 2 miles a day, and today I am going to do 3 miles...it will be a challenge, but well worth it.

I have osteo arthritis in a my major joints...shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, knees, ankles, toes...

Have a great week!
Closed Thread