Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 06:40 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #154

If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer you can find it here. Everyone is welcome!
Old 09-18-2002, 06:51 PM   #2  

Blessing this evening Things are starting to settle down here. We have had this flu thing going around here.

Fonda- I feel your pain! I have a 15 yr old also now I know why you turn gray after having kids!!!!! Your DH better watch that hernia mine had surgery for his two years ago and was off work for 8 weeks! I almost went nuts with him home and he was such a baby!

Wilma-I didn't get any home grown stuff this year I had several people promise but they never came through.

Ez-I am broke right now from those cute kids in my neighborhood selling stuff!

Patricia- how is your family doing? I miss your post!

Sherry- How is things going your way?

leens-How are you?

Zoe, ect....... We are missing our friends!

May the Lord Bless you!
Sami
Old 09-19-2002, 02:42 PM   #3  

Hello Everyone

Hi Sami, I'm fine. Haven't lost any weight in awhile. We are starting a new session of First PLace the 29th. Can't wait. I've done real well this week eating and exercising but not with bible study. My son is adjusting to be gone all day at school, and starting soccor. We've been real busy with revival last week. There were several decisions, Praise the Lord

I've checked in several times but didn't see anyone posting. Thought everyone was gone Hope to hear from everyone soon. Bye for now
Old 09-19-2002, 07:26 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down THURSDAY NIGHT

GOOD EVENING ALL YOU LOOOOOOSERS!!!

How are all of you doing? What is happening to our post ladies? We get people checking in to see if there are new posts and then we don't leave one when we check in-- HELLO!!
All is well with the nephew-- just dropped him off at tennis lessons-- he is taking 2 a week now. His mom came by to visit him yesterday, he was so excited. Last week when she came I made her do homework with him-- she complained to my brother that since he was taken away from her she should be able to just visit-- I made her do homework with him for 2 hours last night when she was here-- She just doesn't get it- if she had her way the kids would play and she would rest, then she would just complain that the teachers are not doing their job. The science teacher made my nephew stand for a half hour in class because 3 times he was caught leaning back in his chair in a half hour. I made him write her a thank-you note for teaching him how to sit proper!!
We are going with 30 people from church tomorrow night to see the locals put on the play FOOTLOSE, should be good-- they always are-- real professional. We sit outside at and bring chairs and blankets, picnic dinner, it is way cool but you have to arrive early to get a good space-- usually 1,000 people show each night.
FONDA- my step daughter is on a travel team for soccer, she is pretty good and is also in soccer p.e. in her freshman year. My daughter plays college tennis and my son college track and coaches at one of the local high schools cross country, track and basketball (when he can) they are paid positions for him. My kids have pretty much done year round sports their whole lives-- so Yes I do understand the time factor it puts on us.
Well, my night for dinner-- Later and God Bless you all, Gary
Old 09-19-2002, 11:15 PM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

You're right about the checking in and not posting Gary. I am guilty of that!

I've had a pretty good day today. I heard from both my sons and they're both enjoying school. One bought himself a new computer (the one getting the CS degree) so I'll be hearing from him a lot more. The other one is too busy socializing but at least he touches base once in a while.

DH is about a week away from being finished with the harvest. This could mean that he gets our Thanksgiving weekend off. That is on the 14th of October. It would be so nice to have him around for the holiday. It's also my oldest DS's 21st birthday that weekend so it would be extra special.

I need you all to give me a kick out the door. I'm faithfully doing my weights but have a real hard time getting out and walking.

Well, it's time to head off to bed. G'nite!!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:21 AM   #6  

Blessing this morning,
I am suppose to be going to OH for a kickball tournament (its about 3 hrs away) The last two years we got all the way there and it rained and the two years before that it was cancelled because of rain. They need to get the hint! I got my kids up and my DD throat is raw so were not going!

Betty- So glad that your Son is doing better in School. My kindergrtner is so board on non school days. I also am not spending enough time studing Gods word. I am going to pray about it and try to spend time everynight reading my bible!

EZ-After my Brother passed away I took his two kids in (That gave me 4 kids 2 and under) There Mother was like your nephews mother. She would not let us keep the kids because they recivied a SS check! She passed the kids from house to house and when I talked to an Atty they told me she would look like a good Mom because she was leaving them in good homes! They are grown now and bitter.

Wilma-So you have Thanksgiving in Oct? Do you have anything in Nov? I am glad your kids are doing well. I can tell you raised them well.

God bless you today!
Sami
Old 09-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #7  

Default Happy Friday!

So nice to see so many posts.
Welcome newcomers, hugs all around.

I'm still here, Southern Ontario farm gal. Busy! The Fall Fair season keeps us mobile with showing goats and horse.
Ds did well with both the animals this year. He did however come down with the worse case of Asthma in years. He's been off school for over a week, not fun when in Grade 11.
The weather is so dry here, the allergy/asthma season flourishing.
We are looking forward to frost. ( Did I say that?)

I've been doing good on program, 4 pounds down last week, my best week ever. Total gone now 12.6
I've still a long way to go, but determined.
The weight lifting at night is still on, enjoying a little 15-20 minute session. ( Can arm wings disappear

I pray you all have an enjoyable weekend!
My thoughts and prayers are coming to you across the miles.
Remember to attend "Worship". God is GREAT!

Hugs,
Sister Joanne
Old 09-20-2002, 10:06 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi gals, Just a quick one before work-- going in late today for a short day (teeth cleaning at the dentist for me). The nephew got upset with me last night because I made him do his homework before we went to another neice's b-day party. He never had to do it before.
Wilma- I will remember you on Oct. 14-- that is the day my new running shoes are supposed to be in. Sami-- you are right on with the SS and my SIL. Hope your DD gets over the sore throat! Joanne, good to hear from you-- congrats on the Fall Fair, I hope your son gets over the allergy/asthma soon. I get the red itchy eye thing going some years-- I hate it.
Well off to work-- Have a great week-end and GO TO CHURCH ( if you can!) Gary
Old 09-21-2002, 10:13 AM   #9  

I need to share how the Lord watched over me Fri. I was suppose to go to this kickball tournament in OH that is a 3 hr dr one way but my DD didn't feel well so I decided not to go. About 1:30 pm a tornado came through and did a lot of damage in my area and we were without power until late. My DH works across town and the tornado went through there first It hit across the street and did major damage there. He call to see if we were ok and it had not hit here yet and as soon as I hung up the phone the tornado went through and the power went out I call my DH back and let him know we were fine and after we hung up you could not get calls out anymore! Cell phones went down and reg phones lines were down! I am so thankful today because No one was seriously hurt and there is major damage all around! We were not hit we have a little wind damage and we will lose one tree but Had I gone on the kickball tournament I would have been stuck on the interstate trying to get home (power lines were all over the road so the interstate was standing still) And I would have heard about the tornato by my house and my DH work and not been able to call and check on anyone because you couldn't use cell phones and I would have been so stressed! And to add to the blessing our team got all the way over to OH and the kickball tournament was cacelled! The Lord has trully blessed us!
Please say a prayer for the tornado victims.
Sami

Last edited by sami; 09-21-2002 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:58 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sami- I saw the tornados on the news last night and thought of you and your family, thank God you are all o.k.- Gary
Old 09-21-2002, 12:27 PM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Yes, Sami, thank God that you're okay! sometimes we don't know until later why disappointments happen but God is always in control. PTL!!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:00 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default A new week = A new committment

Good Morning! I see we were all really busy this weekend. I also have a really busy week ahead of me. I have also decided that I've done enough of this goofing around and am seriously going to get this weight off.

I walked a mile this morning and am starting to journal my food again. I know what I need to do and I plan to do it. Are you all with me? We can do this if we stick together. I plan to come here each day and hold myself accountable for what I ate and what I did that day. Please let me know if you see something that isn't right. I really do appreciate your support and encouragement.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:18 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MONDAY

Good Monday --
How was the week-end for everyone? Congrats on the NEW attitude Wilma. That is all it takes-- just keep on trying!
Had a pretty good day at church yesterday, we had are yearly back to school/church pic-nic. My nephew's mom came, my daughter overheard her saying some pretty bad things about me but since she is a looney tune it doesn't bother me. I am pretty sure she is ashamed and embarresed the kids were taken from her -- but that sure wasn't my fault. I reported it to the social worker this a.m. just to get it logged in the file on her for future issues.
We have a furniture man coming today to repair the damage the carpet guys did-- hope it can be fixed.
Since the nephew got here I haven't had much time to exercise with all the adjusting going on and taking him to tennis, etc. I am going to work this week on a new program that I can fit in-- I hope!
Well off to work, have a great day/evening all of you-- In His Care- Gary
Old 09-23-2002, 06:57 PM   #14  

Blessing to all. The weather is wonderful just that nice crispness that makes me want to walk! I am with you Wilma I started my day out right and then about 11 I had a blood sugar drop so I had to act fast and eat something sweet. And when I have a low sugar It really throws me off. I am going to have to plan ahead (my dr just put me back on meds and I need to adjust it) As more of the area have opened up where the tornado hit and I am so thankful. We passed a couple houses that we were debating on buying before we bought this one and they were hit hard! THANK YOU LORD! EZ my ex-SIL bad mouth me to when I kept her kids. It use to hurt my feeling.

Come back all CE we miss you!
Sami
Old 09-24-2002, 07:43 PM   #15  

Hi everyone I hope you had an OP day? I had another low blood sugar scare again. I need to find out why. Today was really bad because I was in the middle of doing a training session and I had to quickly get them started on the paper work so I could sneak off and eat. I hope to see some post when I check back in.
Sami
Closed Thread