Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Active Folks Over 50 -- #21

-------------
Active Folks Over 50 is a place to talk about fitness and healthy eating information as it relates to weight loss and/or maintenance--and also about any work, fun, hobby, or volunteer activites you're engaged in. In other words, the active part of your life!

Just a few guidelines for this thread:

- Raves about grandkids or ranting about your kids is out of bounds.

- Lengthy discussion of your illnesses, conditions, treatments, and medical procedures in general is also out of bounds on this thread. So is whining about old age!

- Positive stories of vacations taken, volunteer work, or achievements at work or elsewhere are highly encouraged! As are recommendations for books, movies, discussions of weight related issues, etc.

Join in!
----------------------

Happy February! I figured post-Super Bowl was a good time to begin a new thread.

How did everyone do with the game parties? I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I did still show a calorie deficit... though not much of one.

But, another day has come!

Jay
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Since I live in a football-less bubble, I don't even know who won. Hope it was a great game for all you watchers, though.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

meowee, it was a cliffhanger, and it came down to the last minute of the game, and a fantastic, incredible catch.

I went to step class this morning, and I'm glad I went early because it's going to rain all day here. I think later I'll do my crunchless abs tape.

I'm really liking the way my body feels after that class, even if I don't stay for the whole thing. I use a lot more and different muscles.

See ya!

Jay
Old 02-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Jay - the ending of the game was spectacular! Those feet stayed inbounds - amazing!

Congrats on finding the step class, it sounds like a good workout!

I gave blood today, so I am altering the workout routine a bit for today. And my virtual trainer warned me that my next session is my "body and fitness test". Hmm - sounds ominous. I will report back on Wed.

Otherwise, it was a typical Monday at work, and we hope to get in some Wii sports and maybe some pinball tonight.

Hope everyone had a great start to the week!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi,
It sure was a great game. I don't usually watch a lot of football, but it was a great game. The finish was incredible. I ate healthy snacks during the game. It really helped to plan ahead.

We have our second day in a row with temperatures in the 30's. It's a heat wave.

Jay I'll have to try that dish next time I'm in Naples.

Have a super Tuesday.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

We've got a snow wave. In other words, nothing is new.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

I got home at 8 on Sunday and just caught the last half of the Super Bowl. Awsome playing on both sides. I really wasn't routing for either side so I could enjoy the plays made. My grandson was for the Cardinals and said that after the game he went into his room and cried. He's 9. i guess some of the older guy probably did the same thing! Did anyone watch Ellen talk about the game? FUNNY. "the one guy threw the ball. this other guy caught it".

more snow for us tonight. Darn that groundhog!

Freda
Old 02-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #8  

Lori - I think that heat wave is over up here -7 windchill right now. And more snow

Freda - seems like the groundhog ALWAYS sees his shadow in MI.

A busy but good day here. Work is getting busy again - deadlines looming for several major projects.

But, I am still keeping balance among body, mind, spirit - which is a key for me. Today's workout was yoga, and aerobics - feels good to break a sweat

Well, time for some Wii sports - DH has it set up and is looking expectantly at me.

Have a GREAT Wed. all!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Really cold for us here... all things being relative... brrrrr! Down in the low 30s, freeze warnings, etc.

Yeah, Freda, I was sorry that the Cardinals lost because I like Kurt Warner and I like Larry Fitzgerald, and the team really was a surprise this season. But hey, you gotta love those Steelers, although it's a mixed bag sometimes! I'll never get over Ben and his motorcycle accident. DUH!!!

CountingDown, sounds like nothing about winter is stopping you from getting in your exercise!

Session with trainer yesterday--good! Went over what we'd done last week and added more things. I am finding sore places today! He gave me the standard regimen for cardio training. It alternates low-intensity/recovery days, where you keep the heart rate at a certain level for 30 to 60 minutes, with medium-intensity days or high-intensity days where one does intervals for about 20 minutes. It's about 4 days a week, then 3 days or up to 6 days when you go to intervals.

By week 3 one is doing high-intensity on one or two days. All of this is judged by heart rate, and I may need to get a heart rate meter for myself. The machines have heart rate sensor handles, but I know from experience that these can be pretty flaky.

It's kind of nice to have a plan like this. I think I was getting too random in my workouts.

Hope you're all staying warm!

Jay
Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #10  

"Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again..." Well, I will be back in a few weeks. I hope it will be warmer.

Doing pretty good here. Finally packing tonight!

I hope everyone is doing well in this journey. It may take me a while to catch up when I get back, but I will talk to you all later.

Aloha! Jen
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Aloha, Jen!!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Jay
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #12  

Jen - TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! It is -9F right now - not counting the windchill. Seriously, have a WONDERFUL trip!

Jay - I like the heart rate monitor watch. Less cumbersome than the strap models (and less expensive). I found that the watch is pretty accurate, and easy to use. Polar makes several models in lots of price ranges.

Glad your session with the trainer was good. Sounds like you are gonna be seriously "in shape" soon! That sounds like an aggressive workout schedule!

Busy day today, church meeting right after my workout, and I just got home.
Tomorrow is a double shift, so I probably won't pop in. 3FC is blocked at work, so I can't sneak in a post.

I'm glad I don't have to do these night-time computer shifts very often!

Hope you all have a WARM Thursday!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Lot's of really pretty white snow for sale if anybody is interested. Real bargain prices.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Gosh, meowee, there seems to be a market glut--and we don't want it down here, either!

It's barely going to get into the 50s today, but it is still very sunny and bright.

CD, I don't have to do the cardio workouts on the days I go to step class, thank goodness! And I think he has it for four days a week max anyway for me. I can deal with that. From all of this, I've realized that I had slowly been slacking off again on my workouts. I'm glad I'm doing something new.

Flowingair, I take it you have family in Naples? It's really nice down there--warmer than it is here.

I'm still slogging away here... Eating has been good, too...

Where are our other folks? Yooooo hoooooo!!! C'mon, some of you must have something interesting to report! I hope...

Jay
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #15  

Linda - haha - I will GIVE my snow away if someone will take it. I'm very tired of shoveling. But, that being said, they are predicting freezing rain for the weekend - I'd really rather have snow.

Jay - I need to mix up the workouts too. My body seems to get in a rut if I don't.
Well, a quick post from me. That extra shift ended up being cut in half. For once, the software processes ran error-free, and my phone stayed quiet - so I got done VERY early.

I am gonna take advantage of the extra time at home and get in some exercise

Stay warm all!
Closed Thread