Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Lunch at Panera

As most of us know, a trip to Panera is generally a calorie bonanza. Unfortunately, my boss loves to go there. I recently discovered that a full portion of the Low Fat Vegetable Soup is only 150 calories and is absolutely delicious. Also, Panera lists the calorie counts for all of its menu items (except soup) right on the menu board so you can make better choices. While the nutrition facts for most items are kinda alarming, thumbs up to Panera for making the information so accessible.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #2  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I love Panera because a half sandwich is enough for me, fits right into my calorie plan, and is yummy (I fancy sandwiches). I've never thought of it as a calorie bonanza, but then I do always only get half a sandwich.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

In Philadelphia in 2010, all food places will have to list their calories on their menus. YAY FOR US.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #4  
it's always something

Jennifer and I eat there sometimes. I always get half a veggie sandwich and a cup of vegetable soup. It's very satisfying
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I get half a veggie sandwich on multigrain or sourdough bread, no cheese and a cup of soup, either veggie or black bean. Only problem is it is a bit hard for them to omit the cheese for some reason, I have to emphasize it and if I go when its slow, I'll ask the people making it to ensure there is no cheese.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #6  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

I've never eaten there! maybe I should scope out the menu?
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

i generally either get the veggie soup or a whole sandwich and wrap up one half for lunch the next day. if half a sandwich is enough for you it's a pretty tasty bargain.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 61 inches

Panera is awesome I think for a healthy meal out. It's better than other places for sure. But I hate the prices there. I don't like spending that much on what I consider fast food... it's like Bill Grays, without a coupon it's way too expensive for my lovely college budget lol. Well.. that was kinda off topic lol. Anyway I adore their broccoli cheese soup and chicken salad sandwich though. I even like their Cesar salad, and I don't generally like salad much. And their asiago cheese bagels... It's really nice going out somewhere and knowing exactly what calories you are eating.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote